Randy Moss Traded to the Patriots (Merged 6X)

Lil Bit Special

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
if we are going to play the injury card, the same could be said for Chad Pennington no? that is what history tells us

The difference is that Chad Pennington is coming off of a healthy year, while Moss is coming off yet another nagging injury filled year...

Moss has been hurt more often than Chad... sure they arent season ending but it limits him to being just a decoy usually...

If Randy Moss can keep it together, he will be an asset.

However, the Pats have already said they will cut him the first time he screws up.

Also, the Boston media is going to chew him up and spit him out. He had better be on his best behavior, because one little comment can cause big problems.

Randy Moss has a lot of growing up to do. Will being around a team with a winning tradition help turn him around to be a good teammate? Doubt it.

Plus the Pats are going to test him to see if he can mentally handle the pressure... i expect he will be no more than a 3rd receiver until he proves to them that he is about the team and winning.

Pats better hire a few more public relations personnel to protect Randy.

If they're gonna be heard on him, he is gonna fold and quit, the first time the media gives him a hard time he is gonna cry and whine and "drop" a few passes.

Both Wr's are injury prone....Stallworth has underachieved his entire career. Moss is a team Cancer who hasn't played a full football game in 5 yrs.

If both can stay healthy and play every down ...then Ill worry...but nothing Ive seen over the last 5 yrs tells me that will happen. Both will miss games this yr with sore hammys this yr.

Typical homer response.

Because Moss had some problems this season injury wise he is now injury proned? Why because he's in New England? Okay.

Donte Stallworth you have a point but when you have Wes Welker, Kelley Washington, Jabar Gaffney and Reche Caldwell behind him, if Stallworth goes down for a few games, so what? Brady still has 4 other weapons, PLUS Moss to give the ball too.

A lot of Jets fans never stop amazing me when it comes to their jealous reactions of the great moves that New England continues to make.

if we are going to play the injury card, the same could be said for Chad Pennington no? that is what history tells us

And it's true. Chad is injury prone. So is Moss. a Speed WR with a bad Hammy? never good.

All I'm doing is pointing out the obvious reasons Moss to the Pats isn't a mortal lock for the Super Bowl. It was a good deal for NE....cheap....but everybody is acting like they are getting the OLD Randy Moss....the Randy Moss that goes out there today is not the same player who tore the NFL up yrs ago....You can watch him play and see he isn't the same guy. Now...the question is has he been playing @ 75% the entire time because he doesn't give ****?

Typical homer response.

Because Moss had some problems this season injury wise he is now injury proned? Why because he's in New England? Okay.

Donte Stallworth you have a point but when you have Wes Welker, Kelley Washington, Jabar Gaffney and Reche Caldwell behind him, if Stallworth goes down for a few games, so what? Brady still has 4 other weapons, PLUS Moss to give the ball too.

A lot of Jets fans never stop amazing me when it comes to their jealous reactions of the great moves that New England continues to make.

Every post you say "typical homer response" every time someone brings up a point you don't agree with they're being homers? grow up? This isn't 1999 and there are big questions about both Randy Mosses game and his mentality. You're blind if you don't see them. you're one of those pessimistic sky is falling same ol jets the ghosts of the past type jets fan. You're hoping the Jets lose this year and it's very sad.

Typical homer response.

My jealous reactions? LOL...I have said Randy Moss has been a POS, team cancer since he was in Minny. I can't stand anybody who admits they don't play everydown. I don't care where he went. I would be making the same argument if he got traded to Cleveland for a 6th rounder.

Every post you say "typical homer response" every time someone brings up a point you don't agree with they're being homers? grow up? This isn't 1999 and there are big questions about both Randy Mosses game and his mentality. You're blind if you don't see them. you're one of those pessimistic sky is falling same ol jets the ghosts of the past type jets fan. You're hoping the Jets lose this year and it's very sad.

I am nothing of what you say because, well, basically you're a know it all expert in his own mind who in truth knows nothing.

I want the Jets to win just as much as you do, if not more and the fact that you have to question my being a fan makes me question your being a fan.

Randy Moss is not the same player as he was in 1999, agreed, but he is no slouch. He is still a top tier NFL Wide Receiver and he will cause many, many, many problems for whomever who decide to put on him, or for whomever anyone else decides to put on him.

It is a homer response because Jets fans seem to think that New England is panicking and going out and just spending money at free will when simply that is not the case. The salary cap has given New England close to $30 million in cap space which ables them to go out and spend money on bigger name guys who still fit their scheme.

Does Moss? No, not really in the characther department but neither did Bryan Cox, who they won a championship with, Ted Washington, who they won a championship with, or Corey Dillon, who they won a championship with.

The true sadness if the fans like you, Smizzy, ecurb and others who don't recognize this is a tremendous move by New England.

I think the most important thing here isnt that Moss has lost a step... its that BB has lost a step... this is a desperate off season for them... the team will have no chemistry and fall apart...

The true sadness if the fans like you, Smizzy, ecurb and others who don't recognize this is a tremendous move by New England.

The only sad part about this is you still think Randy Moss is that "Top Tier WR" he was in 2003....He hasn't done anything special in 3 seasons. Why do you insist he is? This was a good move by the Pats...doesn't change the fact Moss is a POS and not the same player he used to be.

They got him for nothing....are they a lock for the SB? I don't think so.

The move worries me greatly. Randy Moss plays undeniably well when his team is winning. I don't expect the Patriots to lose like he did in Minnesota and Oakland. This is a scary situation in my opinion, let's hope Dyson is ready.

Moss plays well when Moss is getting the ball win or lose. If Moss gets his catches and his team loses he is happy. Between him and Stallworth they should be getting some good sh*t in the Pats locker room. Moss and Stallworth = Cheech and Chong

I am nothing of what you say because, well, basically you're a know it all expert in his own mind who in truth knows nothing.

I want the Jets to win just as much as you do, if not more and the fact that you have to question my being a fan makes me question your being a fan.

Randy Moss is not the same player as he was in 1999, agreed, but he is no slouch. He is still a top tier NFL Wide Receiver and he will cause many, many, many problems for whomever who decide to put on him, or for whomever anyone else decides to put on him.

It is a homer response because Jets fans seem to think that New England is panicking and going out and just spending money at free will when simply that is not the case. The salary cap has given New England close to $30 million in cap space which ables them to go out and spend money on bigger name guys who still fit their scheme.

Does Moss? No, not really in the characther department but neither did Bryan Cox, who they won a championship with, Ted Washington, who they won a championship with, or Corey Dillon, who they won a championship with.

You're acting like the pats just traded their 7th round pick for LT. I said this is a low risk high reward type move that has a potential upside, but you're blind if you don't see the limitations and downside to this trade. Moss is an expensive lazy douche bag who will more then likely cause locker room problems and get cut. They even said they would cut him if he caused trouble. Yeah, Randy Moss could have a great year, I recognize that possibility, but it is just that a possibility. You're acting like it is a lock that he put up the pro bowl type numbers he did 7-8 years ago in 1999, 2000 ect. You're acting like there is no possibility he causes trouble and gets benched or cut, or has a mediocre year( which is what I think will more than likely happen)

The truth is always somewhere in the middle.

The Pats had this funny habit of winning Super Bowls with players that nobody else was begging them for. They did it several times. This was their formula. And it worked.

Now they have an offseason where Brady gets several girls pregnant. They sign a lot of big name players. If it all comes together they will be tough to beat.

BUT -- they were tough to beat even when they weren't winning Super Bowls. They are a really good team. They have a Hall Of Fame coach. So pardon me if I am not panicking because they added Kyle Brady, Randy Moss and a few others to the mix.

A Jet fan will hope that they now have a team that is hard to coach. Because up to this point they have played as a team all the time. Moss is a guy that is an awesome talent but he often does his own thing.

How will that all work out? Time will tell. But they got him for a 4th rounder. So OBVIOUSLY there are some doubts about him and his ability at this point.

To call someone a homer because they aren't packing it in and giving the Pats the Super Bowl trophy right now just makes no sense if you ask me.

You guys can try to make yourselves feel like this trade wont hurt us but in reality this will..this is like a bad dream. Besides whatever else he will do, Moss is going to be that guy who gets them the 1st when they are 3rd and long and need to be stopped. Like these bastards need any more weapons, geez.

The Pats had this funny habit of winning Super Bowls with players that nobody else was begging them for. They did it several times. This was their formula. And it worked.

Now they have an offseason where Brady gets several girls pregnant. They sign a lot of big name players. If it all comes together they will be tough to beat.

BUT -- they were tough to beat even when they weren't winning Super Bowls. They are a really good team. They have a Hall Of Fame coach. So pardon me if I am not panicking because they added Kyle Brady, Randy Moss and a few others to the mix.

A Jet fan will hope that they now have a team that is hard to coach. Because up to this point they have played as a team all the time. Moss is a guy that is an awesome talent but he often does his own thing.

How will that all work out? Time will tell. But they got him for a 4th rounder. So OBVIOUSLY there are some doubts about him and his ability at this point.

To call someone a homer because they aren't packing it in and giving the Pats the Super Bowl trophy right now just makes no sense if you ask me.

Great analysis Max.

My 2 cents on this deal:

The Pats absolutely stole Moss. Highway robbery. I'm surprised the Raiders, and their tradition for the vertical passing game, gave up on Moss. I know he wanted out of Oakland, But with JaMarcus Russell coming in I thought Moss would decide to stay.

Now, onto the Pats, and the larger picture here. I see the Pats following the blueprint of the Yankees of the past several years. The Yankees won 4 titles in the late 90's with a good mix of players, and no true superstars. Then there was the drought that started in 2001-present day. The Yanks kept adding big name after big name, with the thinking that they have the nucleus of a championship-caliber team, and they are one or two players away from another title before we break up the team.

Well the Pats seem to be following suit here. They won three titles with a bunch of no-names. And when the no-names started to become names, such as Vinatieri and Branch, they rid themselves of these top tier players, and keeping their formula of team first model intact. They have a championship-caliber team set up here for at least a few years. They just brought in the mercenaries to make up for the heartache they suffered at the hands of the Colts last year.

So the Pats are already the favorite to make it to the Super Bowl this year. Just be prepared for the onslaught from us if/when you fall short again this year!

Brady has NEVER had a WR like Moss. Branch was very good, but had his limitations.

They might as well engrave the SB42 trophy with NE's name right now.

Double edged sword though. If Brady doesn't produce a super, super statistical year it will be hard to convince anyone that Brady was a top tier super bowl winning QB and not just another system guy along the lines of Jeff Hostetler.

Besides Moss' behavioral issues, my concern is STILL the Pats Offensive Coordinator. Now, perhaps he wasn't aggressive because the Pats had bunk at wide-out last year. Not sure. But none of his play-calling last year had me super confident. And, Maroney has health issues -without a decent run game, you just can't sell the play-action. I forsee a dink/dunk offense and lot's of long balls to Donte and Randy. Brady better get practicing on his long-ball accuracy -which I, quite frankly, don't think is all that.

Now if everything pans out the way I hope it does....the Pats offense could be REALLY scary.

Finally, my hopes of seeing Troy Brown return have been dashed. Now I just hope he retires and accepts a coaching position with the Pats.

Besides Moss' behavioral issues, my concern is STILL the Pats Offensive Coordinator. Now, perhaps he wasn't aggressive because the Pats had bunk at wide-out last year. Not sure. But none of his play-calling last year had me super confident. And, Maroney has health issues -without a decent run game, you just can't sell the play-action. I forsee a dink/dunk offense and lot's of long balls to Donte and Randy. Brady better get practicing on his long-ball accuracy -which I, quite frankly, don't think is all that.

Now if everything pans out the way I hope it does....the Pats offense could be REALLY scary.

Finally, my hopes of seeing Troy Brown return have been dashed. Now I just hope he retires and accepts a coaching position with the Pats.

That is the best assesment I have seen of this move yet. I agree 100%.

They've done a great job despite drafting only 1 player on day one. They got welker, stallworth, washington, and moss, got adalius thomas, kept assante samuel, and ended up with 8 second day picks. The superbowl is anything but a lock for them; but I would say that we're not going to have much of a shot of winning the division over them this season.

The addition of Moss does not scare me as much as the thought of Wes Welker in the slot. He is Wayne Chrebet only faster. He is going to have a huge yr.

Welker caused the Pats fits last year, much like Chrebet did his entire career. You got to think the Miami must have had had second thoughts about his departure - why draft Ginn in the first round then? I still think they WAY over-paid for Welker, but if it means no return duties for Faulk, Hobbs and certainly Maroney, it may not be the worst move they ever made.

Are we mad that we didn't pick him up or just mad the pats did.

It's one of those things where now that they pulled the trigger it looks like a great move.

But if we had traded a 4th for Moss,I'm not so sure we would have the same opinion about the exact same move.

You know what I mean,

I'd say it would be about 70-30 AGAINST the move if we had made it,but now that the pats did it,They are geniuses.

Let's face it,the guy is still scary,bad attitude and all(who wouldn't have a bad attitude on that team?)

We just wanted him to go to the saints or something so we could bash him and leave us alone.Now that he's lining up against us twice a year he doesn't suck so bad.

BTW,me,personally, I believe I would NOT have supported that move had we done it.Go back in time 1 week and I'd be marching in the street to do it!

Jet fans can hope all they want that the team will be hard to coach but Belichick has done this before and won championships with these types of players before and will most likely do it again.

Kyle Brady is another offensive lineman, the best blocking Tight End in the NFL. You thought Maroney could run last season? Wait until this year.

I'm not calling Smizzy or Arsis or ecurb homers because they don't believe what I believe in that New England is poised to win another championship but the fact that they down play it and even as far as ecurb goes to say that he still believes that the Jets will fair better is just crazy.

Lets look at the facts. This team was 5 minutes from another Super Bowl, and they had ZERO WRs. They add Moss, Stallworth, and Washington. And last years crappy WRs become bench guys which add lots of depth. Brady will have the best WR core hes ever had.

They still have a very solid defense (God I'd kill for their 3 down linemen). And they go an add O.Thomas that BB will have lining up all over.

I ain't panicing, I still feel we can compete with them. But anyone that knows anything about football knows these Pats are probably one of the top 2-3 favorites to win the Super Bowl.

This thread is hilarious and shows the child-like mentality of most Jets fans, and the big brother complex most have towards New England.

I've made or posted in several threads mentioning Moss in the past year or so. Every single time I got reamed by the majority of posters for even suggesting it, and Moss took even more of a beating. He's complete crap, he's not a Mangini guy, blah blah blah. Now NE goes for him, and suddenly he's a top player again? So ****ing retarded. You either still think he's garbage and you're laughing at NE, and at least you maintain your integrity, or you're just a piece of **** that can't think for yourself anyway.

I guess that's the difference between Mangini and BB. Mangini guys just aren't very good. BB is more concerned with winning championships.

High character NE guys? Are you people talking about the same team I am? They're a bunch of trash talking bums. They play dirty. They have no sportsmanship. Are you kidding, if anything, they're going to turn Moss worse. Sure, he'll play harder, but now he'll be an annoying prick.

High character NE guys? Are you people talking about the same team I am? They're a bunch of trash talking bums. They play dirty. They have no sportsmanship. Are you kidding, if anything, they're going to turn Moss worse. Sure, he'll play harder, but now he'll be an annoying prick.

He's annoyed the **** out of me for years.

Archived