Yankee hating....I love it

AFJF

You know, as a Yankee fan I really thought that losing in the playoffs to the BoSox would do irreversible damage to my psyche as a fan, but I can honestly say that it has had quite a different effect.

I think it all started when I saw "MAN-RAM" holding up his "Jeter is playing golf today" sign at the annual parade of bandwagaon boston fans. It was then that I realized "they're still second rate" They beat us in arguably the most embarassing post season series ever and they still can't stop thinking about Derek Jeter and the Yankees.

The feeling of inferiority is still there. While it may be masked at the moment by bandwagon bravado, the bottom line is that despite being world champions, Red Sox players and fans alike CAN NOT stop thinking about the Yankees.

It's an obsession that will last a lifetime. Sox fans can lie all they like and say that beating the Yankees exercised the demons and of course they did to some degree. But the dominance the Yankees have exhibited over the Red Sox for the better part of a century will never be undone.

Sox fans still know that their team is second rate. Even with the 2004 championship they're still the rotten little red headed step child and with MAN-RAM leading the way, I'm not the least bit surprised to see them act like it.

You know why people still hate the Yankees, and will continue to hate the Yankees for the rest of our lives? Jealousy!!! If the yankees don't win another ring for 50 years, they'll still have more than the next closest team unless of course the Dodgers win 23 of the next 50.

Keep hating em, it won't make the rings go away and it won't put the Sox in the same class as an organization.

My name is JBF, and I am a Yankee-hater. I have persoanlly taken Yankee-hating to a new level never before seen. It is no longer a reclusive form of entertainment of just Chowder Nation as it has spread, though yours truly mostly, throughout the globe.

How elitist of you to assume it is solely because of jealousy!

Granted, a select few may see 26 titles and resent the Yankees because of it. That is the simpleton response to the global phenomenon of Yankee-Hating.

Rest assured, most Yankee-Haters are not "jealous" of anything Yankee-related. We hate them for what they have become and what they have been: a palpable image of the worst aspect of American capitalism gone grotesquely awry. Now, nobody has more truly conservative values as I, but even the farthest right-wingers have to throw up in a bucket after watching Yankee baseball for the past decade or so!

My name is JBF, and I am a Yankee-hater. I have persoanlly taken Yankee-hating to a new level never before seen. It is no longer a reclusive form of entertainment of just Chowder Nation as it has spread, though yours truly mostly, throughout the globe.

Granted, a select few may see 26 titles and resent the Yankees because of it. That is the simpleton response to the global phenomenon of Yankee-Hating.

Rest assured, most Yankee-Haters are not "jealous" of anything Yankee-related. We hate them for what they have become and what they have been: a palpable image of the worst aspect of American capitalism gone grotesquely awry. Now, nobody has more truly conservative values as I, but even the farthest right-wingers have to throw up in a bucket after watching Yankee baseball for the past decade or so!

You know what, that almost sounded convincing, but the bottom line is that any "reason" for hating the Yankees stems from Jealousy. It all starts with "I wish my team was as good as the Yankees and I wish we had 4 rings in 10 years instead of 1 in 85 years"

It's natural for you to feel the way you do and it makes me happy to know that.

Keep it coming

You know, as a Yankee fan I really thought that losing in the playoffs to the BoSox would do irreversible damage to my psyche as a fan, but I can honestly say that it has had quite a different effect.

I think it all started when I saw "MAN-RAM" holding up his "Jeter is playing golf today" sign at the annual parade of bandwagaon boston fans. It was then that I realized "they're still second rate" They beat us in arguably the most embarassing post season series ever and they still can't stop thinking about Derek Jeter and the Yankees.

The feeling of inferiority is still there. While it may be masked at the moment by bandwagon bravado, the bottom line is that despite being world champions, Red Sox players and fans alike CAN NOT stop thinking about the Yankees.

It's an obsession that will last a lifetime. Sox fans can lie all they like and say that beating the Yankees exercised the demons and of course they did to some degree. But the dominance the Yankees have exhibited over the Red Sox for the better part of a century will never be undone.

Sox fans still know that their team is second rate. Even with the 2004 championship they're still the rotten little red headed step child and with MAN-RAM leading the way, I'm not the least bit surprised to see them act like it.

You know why people still hate the Yankees, and will continue to hate the Yankees for the rest of our lives? Jealousy!!! If the yankees don't win another ring for 50 years, they'll still have more than the next closest team unless of course the Dodgers win 23 of the next 50.

Keep hating em, it won't make the rings go away and it won't put the Sox in the same class as an organization.

good post afjf. if the yankees & new york were not the cream of the crop, rinky dink boston/red sox might have been. oh well, sucks for them.

Again, the most bloated payroll that won the series = 2004 Red Sox

We hate them for what they have become and what they have been: a palpable image of the worst aspect of American capitalism gone grotesquely awry. Now, nobody has more truly conservative values as I, but even the farthest right-wingers have to throw up in a bucket after watching Yankee baseball for the past decade or so!

This makes no sense. Hate the Yankees because of Capitalism? Seriously bro that is the stupidest thing you have ever said. No really I am not disputing some of the other dumb things you have come up with in the past. But this is # 1.

Hate the Yankees because they are capitalism gone awry? The Yankees are a shining example that Capitalism works. It would be gone awry if George diverted that money and put it elsewhere. But he puts it back into the team. He spends money to make money.

Use all the fancy words that you want to Nancy but the point remains the same. The Yankees worked hard to further their reach. Regional sports network, global marketing etc. And it worked.

Besides the Yankees are good for the economy. Certainly you have heard of trickle down economics.

This makes no sense. Hate the Yankees because of Capitalism? Seriously bro that is the stupidest thing you have ever said. No really I am not disputing some of the other dumb things you have come up with in the past. But this is # 1.

Hate the Yankees because they are capitalism gone awry? The Yankees are a shining example that Capitalism works. It would be gone awry if George diverted that money and put it elsewhere. But he puts it back into the team. He spends money to make money.

Use all the fancy words that you want to Nancy but the point remains the same. The Yankees worked hard to further their reach. Regional sports network, global marketing etc. And it worked.

Besides the Yankees are good for the economy. Certainly you have heard of trickle down economics.

the maxman just hit one deeeep & i don't think that one's comin back...touch em all max!! you just hit a 3 run shot!!

Let's not forget that the Yankees have the highest road attendace of any MLB franchise

Maxman, its a pity that you arent as well versed in the field of economics as you are in useless Yankee statistics from the 1950s. Point of reference: Next time you tout the benefits of conservative influence on American capitalism, leave the words "trickle down economics" out of it!!! I am a Reagan-lover too, but TDE was/is a total disaster because, lo and behold, money doesnt trickle down!

Before the collective bargaining agreement of 2003, there were maybe 10 teams with a reasonable chance to not only reach the postseason but win the W/S as well. Now there is maybe 6. Yup, its officially worsened. The luxury tax is a joke, the revenue sharing is a p*ss in the ocean.

Bottom line: if left to their own devices the capitalist class (Standard Oil, george and the Yankees) will devour any and all comers through incessant greed and gluttony. There must be governmental checks on such tyranny. Marx was wrong about many things, but he was dead on as it pertains to the coercive force of unchecked capitalism. Absolute power corrupts absolutely and it has corrupted MLB.

There must be governmental checks on such tyranny. Marx was wrong about many things, but he was dead on as it pertains to the coercive force of unchecked capitalism. Absolute power corrupts absolutely and it has corrupted MLB.

Did you just say that the government could fix MLB?

The game that has stood the test of time. Oh my. Please say it ain't so.

Archived