The New York Jets will win the AFCE this season.

ECURB

I thought TX was back when I first read this.:rolleyes:

According to you I might as well go rip van winkle and not get up until August of '08. No thanks. I'd rather believe that anything is possible, especially in the modern day nfl. The Pats could easily win only 6 games next year, and so could a lot of other teams for a lot of different reasons.

Championships are not won during the off-season, they still have to play the games and that's where chemistry and intangibles come into play. I'll save any afc championship/super bowl predictions for the third or fourth week of the season.

Didnt you know... its the cool thing to do now... bash your own team and praise the enemy... :lol:

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's up with the sunshiners? (besides ecurb)

There's no way we go 12-4 and pass out the Pats. I agree wholeheartedly with 124 here, let's be a bit more objective. Look at our schedule, look at how much we improved, then look at how much the Pats improved. The Patriots will go 11-5 or 12-4 and win the AFCE. We'll probably go 8-8, maybe 9-7, although the season's a definite improvement over last year. Then we go improve again through the draft and free agency, and hopefully by 2009 we can pass out the Pats. Although I hope we do better than that.

What's up with the sunshiners? (besides ecurb)

There's no way we go 12-4 and pass out the Pats. I agree wholeheartedly with 124 here, let's be a bit more objective. Look at our schedule, look at how much we improved, then look at how much the Pats improved. The Patriots will go 11-5 or 12-4 and win the AFCE. We'll probably go 8-8, maybe 9-7, although the season's a definite improvement over last year. Then we go improve again through the draft and free agency, and hopefully by 2009 we can pass out the Pats. Although I hope we do better than that.

Why? Games arent won in April.... anything can happen.... at this point in time there is just as much of a chance that the JETS win the division as the PATS... dont sya there isnt becuase the jets doubled and almost tripled most win predictions last year...

I thought TX was back when I first read this.:rolleyes:

According to you I might as well go rip van winkle and not get up until August of '08. No thanks. I'd rather believe that anything is possible, especially in the modern day nfl. The Pats could easily win only 6 games next year, and so could a lot of other teams for a lot of different reasons.

Championships are not won during the off-season, they still have to play the games and that's where chemistry and intangibles come into play. I'll save any afc championship/super bowl predictions for the third or fourth week of the season.

Sure, anything is possible, but I think 124 was talking about most probable scenarios. Picking the Jets to win 10 is a good estimation. Even if Moss doesnt get it turned around in NE, teams will have to gameplan around him, and he could stretch the field better than NE was able to do last season.

If anything can happen your word means sh!t, and so does mine. In that case, we can also go 0-16, and the Pats can win the Super Bowl. Using that argument is just dumb, because I could easily use it to support me. I'm saying what I think is most probable.

Well said, except for the sh!t part, LOL!

Yes, we are talking bout most probable scenarios.

If anything can happen your word means sh!t, and so does mine. In that case, we can also go 0-16, and the Pats can win the Super Bowl. Using that argument is just dumb, because I could easily use it to support me. I'm saying what I think is most probable.

I think we will win 12 games... both of our opinions are just as valid...

All that matters is you cheer for your team every week and always expect a win.... sure we wont go 16-0 but its more fun when you know your team will be in every game.

:toot::toot::toot: LETS GO JETS

The Jets will not win double digit games this season and if by some miracle chance they do it will be 10 again, no more, because #10 will be behind center and he cannot take a team farther than 10-6.

New England, heck, it wouldn't shock me if they made a run at being undeffeated, Colts style a few years back.

Sure, anything is possible, but I think 124 was talking about most probable scenarios. Picking the Jets to win 10 is a good estimation. Even if Moss doesnt get it turned around in NE, teams will have to gameplan around him, and he could stretch the field better than NE was able to do last season.

Sorry JC but in no way does Joe's post intimate possibility.

War ensemble, get over the childish attacks and maybe try and post something of value to the board. Thanks.

Calling someone a sunshiner is a childish attack? :rolleyes:

I started an argument with ecurb, just because you disagree with me doesn't mean that my posts are of no value.

You started an argument with me? lol I didnt even notice...

i cant believe it, but the pats look like they could actually have a perfect season this year.

piolichick are like some great supervillain where the only thing that can stop them is if they grow too powerful and self destruct somehow.

we need super tangini and the chad wonder now more than ever.

The Patriots were one half away from the Super Bowl last year and have improved their team BY LEAPS AND BOUNDS.

The Pats are the team to beat, not only in the AFC East, but in the NFL in general.

I would love to see the reactions of some of our Jets fans here if the Jets had went out and added Adalius Thomas, Dante Stallworth, and Randy Moss. Certain people would be talking perfect season.

The Patriots were one half away from the Super Bowl last year and have improved their team BY LEAPS AND BOUNDS.

The Pats are the team to beat, not only in the AFC East, but in the NFL in general.

I would love to see the reactions of some of our Jets fans here if the Jets had went out and added Adalius Thomas, Dante Stallworth, and Randy Moss. Certain people would be talking perfect season.

I'm not one of them.

Indianapolis - 2:17 1st-10, IND202:17P. Manning passed to R. Wayne to the left for 11 yard gain1st-10, IND312:12P. Manning incomplete pass down the middle2nd-10, IND312:08P. Manning passed to B. Fletcher to the left for 32 yard gain1st-10, NE372:01P. Manning passed to R. Wayne down the middle for 14 yard gain. NE committed 12 yard penalty1st-10, NE111:53J. Addai rushed to the right for 5 yard gain2nd-5, NE61:10J. Addai rushed up the middle for 3 yard gain3rd-2, NE31:00J. Addai rushed up the middle for 3 yard touchdown. A. Vinatieri made PAT

I just love reliving that moment. And Brady chucking an INT to Marlin Jackson to end their season... Farfignoogin.

Here is the flaw in your thinking. Even if I throw you the split with the Jets which is not going to happen, the Jills and Phins are not going to split with the Patriots.

Plus, your Yankee analogy is flawed. The Yankees pay the highest price for the best available talent. The Patriots acquire the talent, but the player must commit to the Patriots and take less money and/or agree to a restructure. Only after they prove themselves are they rewarded or move on.

Jets 11-5 (jets win the division, because they will beat the Pats twice)

Patriots 11-5 (Wild-card)

Dolphins 6-10

Bills 6-10

Randy Moss will single-handedly bring down the Pats....

Moss is on the spiral end of his career. I see other noteables like Vick coming to senses knowing they need to behave and make $$$$.This late in their careers.Moss will be fine until Brady forgets him or misses him wide open in the endzone.Still would have liked to see him reunited with Chad.

Listen, I'm rather shocked at this acquisition. Although, I keep telling myself teh risk is relatively low here. That said, the jealousy rants being spewed by Jets fans is making it pretty darn entertaining for me.

Carry on!

Listen, I'm rather shocked at this acquisition. Although, I keep telling myself teh risk is relatively low here. That said, the jealousy rants being spewed by Jets fans is making it pretty darn entertaining for me.

Carry on!

What is there to be jealous of exactly about the moss trade? He is a lazy douche bag with a bad attitude and it well past his prime.

• 1 year later...
Read my sig below.

Fins 16-0 (15-1 at worse)

Bills 10-6

Pats 9-7

Jets 3-13

....Chad never recovers from his embarrassing performance in the playoffs against the evil Pats.

did this guy successfully pick a 16-0 team last year?

too bad it was the wrong one

Archived