What a difference a year makes

Maxman

If Mike and Eric had traded up a few times last year and only walked away with 4 players, the PR fallout would have been bad.

After just one year the fan base has much more confidence in them and although some people don't like it, the consensus seems (to me) that they got two solid starters and the Jets are a better team today.

Like I said yesterday, time is always the final scorekeeper. But last year if they had this draft -- oh man. This place would have erupted!

If Mike and Eric had traded up a few times last year and only walked away with 4 players, the PR fallout would have been bad.

After just one year the fan base has much more confidence in them and although some people don't like it, the consensus seems (to me) that they got two solid starters and the Jets are a better team today.

Like I said yesterday, time is always the final scorekeeper. But last year if they had this draft -- oh man. This place would have erupted!

you're right-they didn't have the credibility capital (is it capitAl or capitOl?) to do this stuff last year-they definitely have earned a LOT around these parts after what they did last season

I agree. I think they got two great value picks and two players that can come in and start right away. However, it must be noted that the FO did not address the glaring lack of quality offensive linemen on their team as well as the defensive line. If even one of these two players doesn't pan out, this draft will have been a failure..

I agree. I think they got two great value picks and two players that can come in and start right away. However, it must be noted that the FO did not address the glaring lack of quality offensive linemen on their team as well as the defensive line. If even one of these two players doesn't pan out, this draft will have been a failure..

True, there will still be more additions though through UDFA's, June 1 cuts and guys they have been working to develope since last year

I love every pick so far, they took the best CB in the draft and they also took arguably the best MLB in the draft and a sleeper OT thats going to be a verstile guy for our line for a couple of years.

If they pick a wide bodied NT in the 7th, kind of like how they found Ferguson in the 6th all those years ago, I will be very very happy with the outcome this weekend.

I love every pick so far, they took the best CB in the draft and they also took arguably the best MLB in the draft and a sleeper OT thats going to be a verstile guy for our line for a couple of years.

If they pick a wide bodied NT in the 7th, kind of like how they found Ferguson in the 6th all those years ago, I will be very very happy with the outcome this weekend.

I wouldn't mind a guard with the last pick!

Something we're also forgetting is how the only bad picks they made last year were mid-rounders, when they reached on guys they shouldnt have. Who would you rather have, really, our draft so far, or a 2nd calibur CB along with some Anthony Schlegels(which this apparently shallow draft may be filled with). I'll take the two studs.

I like these guys and have faith, but I'm a little skeptical. I prefer the shotgun approach, make a lot of picks and hope they pan out. Like Dabrick says, if one of this guys bombs the whole draft is basically a bust.

They can do it this year unlike last because the team isn't **** like last year. They have decent players and are just tying up loose ends, not filling huge glaring holes. They aren't a 4-12 team switching schemes.

Archived