Mark Zalewski

R44

Mark Zalewski's agent sent me this:

Wisconsin LB, Mark Zalewski finds a new home with the New York Jets. “It’s exciting and the coaches assured me it is a good situation. I’m just going to head into camp doing what I do best,” says Mark. In 2006, Mark was All-Big Ten Conference first-team, served as defensive captain for the second straight year, leading the team with 90 tackles, and was a three-year starter.

“We thought Mark would have been drafted higher but we are focusing on going forward. We were fortunate enough to have had a couple of choices and we picked the best situation for Mark. He’s going to do great,” from his agent

R44 comment: Zalewski was, perhaps, the most "eccentric" player in college football.....colors his hair different colors each week, ect....As a player he was very good. I thought going into his senior season he might get drafted, but after he ran a 4.8 40 at Pro Day (he felt he could run a 4.6), he was in trouble -- as far as getting drafted.

Thanks R44! He can have a race against Schlegel. The loser buys the donuts for the veterans!

I think that is something you look for with these UDFA. Sounds like with a better pro day he would have been drafted. Let's hope better days are ahead for him!

Thanks for the info R44-people seem to lose sight of the fact that practically all undrafted free agents will never see a NFL football field

this cat can battle blake costanzo and schlegal for the 53rd roster spot. even though schlegal was a 3rd rd pick i think this front office would have no problem sending a message that even their high draft picks are "cut" eligble.

They are training camp punching bags for themost part.

But a few Wayne Chrebets have slipped onto teams.

You can make the statement that the quality of UDFA you bring onto your team help shape your Summer practices and preparation for the coming year.

How hard do they push your true draftees? Who wants to make a name. They are integral.

Thanks R44

Archived