Magini Press Conf Transcript: Not Afraid Of Pats Offseason

Maxman

Asked if he's concerned about the Patriots' dynamic offseason, considering "the road to the Super Bowl goes through New England," Mangini rolled his eyes. Perhaps he was taken aback by the reporter's choice of words. "The road to anywhere starts with the next minicamp, then training camp," said Mangini, he of the famously estranged relationship with Patriots coach Bill Belichick. "Last year was last year. I don't think they were the ones that won it. I think this is a process. We're starting a new process."

He rolled his eyes. hahaha. I love this guy.

You have to agree with Mangini, the road to the superbowl is the colts. they won it last year. Why do the Pats get so much play. They didn't win and they are already the favorites. The fact is, the pats didn't really get too much in the draft. They got a once great receiver in Moss, who hasn't done anything in 2 years. Now, I'm sure he is going to be better then he was, I'd even say close to the 1,000 yard mark. But their def is getting old and I don't think the jets are scared. the Jets will be fine and if their picks pan out and we can get a little better on the o and d lines we are going to be right back into the playoffs. If not, well then it will be a long season. ;)

You say this like it's a big deal. What professional coach would stand up there and say they are terrified? All hail Mangini for reacting the same exact way at least 31 of 32 NFL coaches would.

Hmm,I wonder who that 32nd coach could possibly be...

You say this like it's a big deal. What professional coach would stand up there and say they are terrified? All hail Mangini for reacting the same exact way at least 31 of 32 NFL coaches would.

Herm isnt the only coach that would be, after how Cameron spoke when he announced Ginn was their pick, i get the feeling he'd stand up there and talk for 30 minutes about the Dolphins as well. The dolphins might "always" have Brady's number, but im not quite sure how Jason Taylor is going to take on Brady, Moss, Stallworth, Maroney(if healthy), and their 5 or 6 TE's, then take on the Patriots defense. It's a two horse race in the AFC-East....Mangini knows it and Bellichek knows it. It's the Yankees vs. the Marlins really, in the AFC-east now...lets just hope that the Jets fate is the same as the Marlins.

What Max???? I can't hear you....;)

Hi my name is Dave Hutchinson and I would like to just say that I have no idea how a confernce call works. So I am just going to talk over everyone else whenver I feel like it.

haha -- anyone remember that one from last year?

80 I merged us. THank you for pointing this out. I was waiting all day for someone to comment on this. I should have went with your catchy title!

Yeah, well, seeing as the Patriots won't be able to catch fleas on a bad hair day, I'm down with that. Not. Listen, it is what it is. And we are what we are, which is a franchise with a semi-patient eye on the future. And our day will come, o ye of little faith. We do have a SB title, which is more than many teams can say.

Kidding aside, the 'I hate the Pats' thing is old and misguided. Let us revel in the ineptitude of the true pukes of the AFCE! Ladies and Germs, I give you the Miami Dolphins... Now that's a treat. :bag:

EDIT: WAIT! I meant...:P Much better.

Archived