Sign in to follow this  
SouthernJet

What is Starting Lineup in NY , so far this year?

Just based on results so far this year. Hitting, defense, speed etc..

1B: Delgado vs Mientkiewicz/Giambi. Wow, tough choice, both blow. Both have same stats, but Mien has way less strikouts.

Mientkiewicz/Giambi.

2B: Valentin vs Cano. Both close in avg. , but Valentin wins based on better speed and RBI production.

Valentin.

SS: Reyes vs Jeter. Reyes wins based on better speed, range, and power.

Reyes.

3B: AROD vs Wright. No brainer.

AROD.

Catcher: LoDuca vs Posada. Easy.

Posada

RF: Abreu vs Green . Green, no brainer.

Green

CF: Damon/Cabrera vs Beltran. No brainer, Beltran.

Beltran.

LF: Matsui vs Alou. Easy.

Alou

Just based on results so far this year. Hitting, defense, speed etc..

1B: Delgado vs Mientkiewicz/Giambi. Wow, tough choice, both blow. Both have same stats, but Mien has way less strikouts.

Mientkiewicz/Giambi.

2B: Valentin vs Cano. Both close in avg. , but Valentin wins based on better speed and RBI production.

Valentin.

SS: Reyes vs Jeter. Reyes wins based on better speed, range, and power.

Reyes.

3B: AROD vs Wright. No brainer.

AROD.

Catcher: LoDuca vs Posada. Easy.

Posada

RF: Abreu vs Green . Green, no brainer.

Green

CF: Damon/Cabrera vs Beltran. No brainer, Beltran.

Beltran.

LF: Matsui vs Alou. Easy.

Alou

Reyes has better range? The day he goes in the hole consistently and makes that play Jeter does on an everyday basis, he gets the nod on range. Power..yes, speed yes...but I will take JEter everytime over him.

Matsui loses to Alou, Abreu bested by Green? Never. Matsui is far better than Alou anyday. Far more consistent and better defensively.

Abreu has the best eye in baseball at the plate. No one can work a pitcher like he does. Green had 2 good years and that was it.

Reyes has better range? The day he goes in the hole consistently and makes that play Jeter does on an everyday basis, he gets the nod on range. Power..yes, speed yes...but I will take JEter everytime over him.

Matsui loses to Alou, Abreu bested by Green? Never. Matsui is far better than Alou anyday. Far more consistent and better defensively.

Abreu has the best eye in baseball at the plate. No one can work a pitcher like he does. Green had 2 good years and that was it.

re-read the title of the thread...who is better so far THIS YEAR!

Abreu is so bat at the plate so far he is trying to bunt...as a 3 hitter....with men on 1st & 2nd!

Alou has had a much better year than Matsui, since he has been hurt this year.

Spot on SJ...The big difference between the records is directly due to the Pitching staff...:cheers:

I'd still take Jeter over Reyes.

I think most Yankee fans take Jeter over Reyes and most Met fans take Reyes over Jeter. No point in even debating it, because it will end ugly.

I think most Yankee fans take Jeter over Reyes and most Met fans take Reyes over Jeter. No point in even debating it, because it will end ugly.

I'd admit Reyes is good, there have been way too many dudes who people have said are better than Jeter, better than Jeter, most if not all of the times it has been false. Reyes might be the one, probably will be but this year I'd still stick with Jeter.

And most neutral fans will take Reyes.

And most neutral fans will take Reyes.

Reyes is having a better year so far, I think Jeter will have had the better year when it is all said and done.

Reyes over Jetes any day & twice on Sundays. Why would you take Whore-hay over paul Loduca...rethink that one please. And Delgado (or a sack of baseballs) over Minky any day, thats not up for discussion. Minky = useless.

Gotta take oft-injured Matsui over the geriatric Alou at this point, although its very close. It would be a slam dunk if we were conducting a Shemp Howard lookalike contest though.

Can we talk Mets -vs- Yankee pitching next?

so far this year ill take reyes over jeter easily

last year id take jeter over reyes

Actually, I think Southern is spot on. So far in 2007, those are the picks. So far.

I expect before all is said and done that Matsui and Abreu will win out in the corner OF slots, and Delgado will win at 1B (assuming all players remain the same, a big assumption with Minky). I think Cano will easily grab 2B also.

for gods sake, can you read,,SO FAR THIS YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd admit Reyes is good, there have been way too many dudes who people have said are better than Jeter, better than Jeter, most if not all of the times it has been false. Reyes might be the one, probably will be but this year I'd still stick with Jeter.

but so far this year Reyes has been better,, both speed wise and power wise, ,same as far as batt avg..

SO FAR THIS YEAR!!!!

Reyes is having a better year so far, I think Jeter will have had the better year when it is all said and done.

that could very well be, start another thread about that then. This thread is about SO FAR THIS YEAR!!!!

Reyes over Jetes any day & twice on Sundays. Why would you take Whore-hay over paul Loduca...rethink that one please. And Delgado (or a sack of baseballs) over Minky any day, thats not up for discussion. Minky = useless.

Gotta take oft-injured Matsui over the geriatric Alou at this point, although its very close. It would be a slam dunk if we were conducting a Shemp Howard lookalike contest though.

Can we talk Mets -vs- Yankee pitching next?

SO FAR THIS YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so far this year ill take reyes over jeter easily

last year id take jeter over reyes

finally , someone who reads the thread title

SO FAR THIS YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why are you so obsessed with comparing the mets and their players to the yankees?

Why are you so obsessed with comparing the mets and their players to the yankees?

A simple guess on my part, because both teams play in the same town, are predicted to go to the playoffs, and the majority of posters on this site are a fan of one or the other.

Just a guess on my part

A simple guess on my part, because both teams play in the same town, are predicted to go to the playoffs, and the majority of posters on this site are a fan of one or the other.

Just a guess on my part

Uh ya,,,

POTW nominee

Uh ya,,,

POTW nominee

Why don't you compare the Mets to the Braves? Thats the team they actually have to beat. This Mets vs Yankees crap is a complete waste of time.

Why don't you compare the Mets to the Braves? Thats the team they actually have to beat. This Mets vs Yankees crap is a complete waste of time.

Why do you comment on teh National League being an inferior League to the American League?

That is the League that they need to beat.

Those comments are a complete waste of time.

Why do you comment on teh National League being an inferior League to the American League?

That is the League that they need to beat.

Those comments are a complete waste of time.

SD is hot!!!!

POTW nominee

from Madmike:

http://www.jetnation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18085

"Yankee run difenterial in the best division in baseball: +58

Mets run diferential in the worst division in baseball: +35

Yankees losses in the best division in baseball: 12

Mets losses in the worst division in baseball: 11

Giambi's OPS: 1.310

Pujols's OPS: 1.311"

from Madmike:

http://www.jetnation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18085

"Yankee run difenterial in the best division in baseball: +58

Mets run diferential in the worst division in baseball: +35

Yankees losses in the best division in baseball: 12

Mets losses in the worst division in baseball: 11

Giambi's OPS: 1.310

Pujols's OPS: 1.311"

Good thing that was a year ago and that was the best example that you can find. Every thread you start is about this kind of crap...

Good thing that was a year ago and that was the best example that you can find. Every thread you start is about this kind of crap...

Exactly why would you care that he starts Yankee players vs. Mets players comparisons?

What did you expect to find when you voluntarily opened a thread titled "What is Staring Line-up in NY, so far this year?"?

If that sort of thing bothers you so much, don't read it. Just because you don't like to partake in that banter, does not mean that others do not.

It is sports. It is baseball. It is intriguing discussion. Maybe not for you, but so what.

Don't be such a wet blanket.

Exactly why would you care that he starts Yankee players vs. Mets players comparisons?

What did you expect to find when you voluntarily opened a thread titled "What is Staring Line-up in NY, so far this year?"?

If that sort of thing bothers you so much, don't read it. Just because you don't like to partake in that banter, does not mean that others do not.

It is sports. It is baseball. It is intriguing discussion. Maybe not for you, but so what.

Speaking of being obsessed with something. You have to post in every thread i do lol.

me thinkee he would likee the threadee if yankee were playing betteree ;)

but so far this year Reyes has been better,, both speed wise and power wise, ,same as far as batt avg..

SO FAR THIS YEAR!!!!

Don't forget defense, but that should be a given.