Yahoo Sports loves the Patises draft. Ours? Not so much.

Bob

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-afcdraftgrades043007&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

AFC EAST

Buffalo Buffalo Bills: This is not necessarily a complaint about the players the Bills drafted because running back Marshawn Lynch is very talented, linebacker Paul Posluszny was considered a first-round talent and quarterback Trent Edwards was highly regarded by many. However, you have to wonder if the Bills did a lot of checking into Lynch's background, given the character issues, before they used a pick this high on him. Even more, Lynch is probably going to like Buffalo's weather as much as former back Willis McGahee. That said, if the Bills get four or five good years out of Lynch, who cares if he likes it there?

Grade: B+

Miami Dolphins: Coach Cam Cameron may know and love Ted Ginn Jr., but it's hard to justify taking a skinny (5-foot-11, 178 pounds) receiver with the ninth overall pick. Ginn can run, is a deep threat, played well against top opponents and can return both punts and kickoffs. Still, there's a reason that Cameron got booed by Dolphins fans when he came out to talk about this pick. The fans really wanted Brady Quinn. The Dolphins believe they got a quarterback prospect just as good in the second round with John Beck. Most of the rest of the draft was spent searching for beef along both lines and filling sundry needs, such as punter (Brandon Fields).

Grade: D

New England Patriots: OK, if you really want to nitpick, the Patriots took too many guys in this draft. With such a veteran team, it's going to be hard for more than five of the nine players they drafted to make the team. That aside, what the Patriots did in the draft was little short of brilliant. They came up with a much-needed safety in Brandon Meriweather. They also came up with an extra first-round pick next year in a trade from San Francisco. They also got a good possession receiver in Wes Welker for a second and seventh rounder. Finally, they got Randy Moss for a fourth-round pick. That's a stunning haul and further proof of why the Pats are way ahead of the pack in this stuff.

Grade: A+

N.Y. Jets New York Jets: They paid a high price to get corner Darrelle Revis, but he was the top-rated cornerback by most teams in this draft and will start right away. Given that the Patriots seriously upgraded their receiving corps, the Jets really needed an instant impact player like Revis. Likewise, inside linebacker David Harris will start right away in the front seven. Jacob Bender is a big-body project to get in the sixth-round and could actually develop into a mauler left tackle one day. That said, the Jets needed a little more help than they got.

Grade: C

Yahoo mostly uses writers from local papers. This guy has got to be some Patsie homer.

To be fair, he's absolutely right when he says "the Jets needed a little more help than they got." Maybe Manginibaum have FA plans that we don't know about.

Bob,

All the reviews for the Jets have been lukewarm at best. They are all singing the praises of the Pats.

But like the one you posted, they all fail to mention Thomas Jones to the Jets. If they can credit the Pats for getting Moss, who wasn't in the draft the last time I checked, then why not credit the Jets for basically steaing Jones away from the Bears?

I think Jones to the Jets will have higher impact than Moss to the Pats.

Bob,

All the reviews for the Jets have been lukewarm at best. They are all singing the praises of the Pats.

But like the one you posted, they all fail to mention Thomas Jones to the Jets. If they can credit the Pats for getting Moss, who wasn't in the draft the last time I checked, then why not credit the Jets for basically steaing Jones away from the Bears?

Agreed. That's why I figure this guy for a Boston sportswriter.

Bob,

yeah pukes drafting Merriweather a real solid pick, good character guy....

all their other selections Kiper sh&t on.

thank god SJ ticked the pukes!!!!!!!!!

Bob,

Was just gonna ask why the Pats draft gets credit for Moss and Wes Welker,but no mention of Thomas Jones for the Jets.

The obvious reason for why the Jets gave up so much for Revis and Harris, besides the fact they thought they could be very capable players from day 1, is that this draft was just not that deep in talent. Why waste picks on less talented players when you can get much better prospects?

Archived