Keyshawn Johnson

Scott Dierking

From my perspective, I thought KJ did a very credible job for ESPN on the draft.

Much less of the Michael Irvin bluster and need to get in your face and force his opinion. He was candid, open and I thought frank on what he felt. I did not see him trying to protect the NFL agenda, or a team agenda.

Really, I thought he was a breath of fresh air on the show. And I find myself surprised saying that.

I do have to admit that I only watched 60% of day one (little league coach, kids, life), so maybe I missed some dumb moments.

From my perspective, I thought KJ did a very credible job for ESPN on the draft.

Much less of the Michael Irvin bluster and need to get in your face and force his opinion. He was candid, open and I thought frank on what he felt. I did not see him trying to protect the NFL agenda, or a team agenda.

Really, I thought he was a breath of fresh air on the show. And I find myself surprised saying that.

I do have to admit that I only watched 60% of day one (little league coach, kids, life), so maybe I missed some dumb moments.

he did a great job and didnt get pushed around by Kiper...classic moment was when he looked at his watch and asked if it was ok to eat on the set because he was hungry lol

no you didn't miss any dumb comments that I saw. I too was pleasantly surprised by keyshawn. did you see his interview with the wr picked by his team? it was actually pretty good.

I thought espn did a better job covering day 1 cause they flood the bottom of the screen with info. I started flipping but ended up staying on espn

Keyshawn and Kiper got into it about a kid who was coming out for the draft in his junior year. Kiper kept chirping about how good his 40-time was. Keyshawn suggested the kid finish college. Kiper didn't let up about how his 40-time could change by next year, thus hurting his draft status. Keyshawn just said the kid would have another year of playing, another year of school, and be a much better player overall. I think Keyshawn owned Kiper right there. Are 40-times that important?

One aspect I did miss from teh ESPN angle was the "warroom" type atmosphere that they had created in the past.

there seemed to be more on-site reporting and more inside stuff being passed around before. There seemed to be less than that.

Maybe the presence of the NFL Network eliminates some of the openess that existed in teh past.

I have to admit, I plum forgot about the NFL Network and their coverage. How are they in comparison. ESPN has me trained.

Keyshawn and Kiper got into it about a kid who was coming out for the draft in his junior year. Kiper kept chirping about how good his 40-time was. Keyshawn suggested the kid finish college. Kiper didn't let up about how his 40-time could change by next year, thus hurting his draft status. Keyshawn just said the kid would have another year of playing, another year of school, and be a much better player overall. I think Keyshawn owned Kiper right there. Are 40-times that important?

haha yeah I remember that. keyshawn was surprisingly well spoken

if your name happens to be Lefty Larry then they are the be-all, end-all....thankfully the Jets don't agree and they put THEIR emphasis on a whole different set of parameters

One aspect I did miss from teh ESPN angle was the "warroom" type atmosphere that they had created in the past.

there seemed to be more on-site reporting and more inside stuff being passed around before. There seemed to be less than that.

Maybe the presence of the NFL Network eliminates some of the openess that existed in teh past.

I have to admit, I plum forgot about the NFL Network and their coverage. How are they in comparison. ESPN has me trained.

I like rich eisan & company. marshal faulk & coach mooch were there as well. Deon is actually pretty good & he did what suzie of espn did only not to the point of annoying.

mayock was their mel kiper & just as opinionated. I think they did a great job but just didn't have all the info espn had all the time. they talked about the pick til the next one came up

He's a bum, for 6 first round picks in a row he wanted that team to take a receiver. 6 in a row! Then the Panthers pick, and what do ya know...a receiver...ruh row Me-shawn, you might be out of a job soon.

Keyshawn himself said that 40 times are not that important. I believe that he referanced himself going # 1 overall and that he is not fast.

I also agree that he did a pretty good job, from what I watched anyway.

He's a bum, for 6 first round picks in a row he wanted that team to take a receiver. 6 in a row! Then the Panthers pick, and what do ya know...a receiver...ruh row Me-shawn, you might be out of a job soon.

I thought he did a nice job turning his imagine around slightly. Didn't you notice how he was saying he would teach him and show him the ropes. I thought he did a great job also telling him it was sometimes better to picked later so you could be done with your contract sooner and increase your pay.

I thought he did a nice job turning his imagine around slightly. Didn't you notice how he was saying he would teach him and show him the ropes. I thought he did a great job also telling him it was sometimes better to picked later so you could be done with your contract sooner and increase your pay.

Yeah to be honest, Keyshawn wasn't nearly as annoying as I thought he'd be. He seemed to be happy just to be on the show and didn't seem like he was trying to take it over or promote himself really.

If Irvin is your standard, then Keyshawn was OK. Otherwise, his "me, me, me" attitude was annoying as hell. We get it, Key. You play ball.

To be fair, they seemed to ask him about playing/retiring a good bit(far too much) throughout the day. I think the fact that he was genuinely excited about Jarrett being drafted, when hes obviously being drafted to replace Keyshawn at some point, says all you need to know about him. I enjoyed him throughout the day.

Keyshawn was pretty good.

ESPN has a much better picture, easier to watch than NFL network. Mortenson always has alot of good stuff to say, plus Jaworski and Kiper. Berman is not bad either and usualyl gets you amped for a pick.

I really like Rich Eisen, but he doesnt do it for me as the host for the draft on NFLN. Mayock is good. Faulk and Mariucci are decent.

ESPN is better because they have Mortensen, Kiper and a better presentation & picture. I'd like to see Mayock and Kiper on the same set.

I was suprised that Keyshawn was polite but firm in his opinions. Also was suprised that Marshall Faulk was pretty good too. Maruicci pisses me off a lot because he knowns more than he's telling, and I don't think the NFL Network is well-served by his happytalk nonsense.Supposedly Kiper is leaving ESPN. I'd be surprised in NFLN doesn't snap him up. He pretty much made the draft.

Don't hold back, tell us how you really feel.

Personally, I thought Keyshawn did a good job. You wouldn't think it was his first time out there.

If Irvin is your standard, then Keyshawn was OK. Otherwise, his "me, me, me" attitude was annoying as hell. We get it, Key. You play ball.

Yeah I liked him but he was very self centered... every good receiver reminded him of himself just not as good and he could teach them.... there were a few times I wanted to just say STFU your not THAT great...

Yeah I liked him but he was very self centered... every good receiver reminded him of himself just not as good and he could teach them.... there were a few times I wanted to just say STFU your not THAT great...

No but he does have experience and probably could help them all. Except Ginn, he's a scrub.

No but he does have experience and probably could help them all. Except Ginn, he's a scrub.

He kept on syaing... well I did this and I did that... my 40 time was this... blah blah blah... its about the rookies not your old ass...

He did a much better job than Irving would have.

PLEASE don't even go down that road Smizzy. Keyshawn was 1000% better than that zootsuit wearing mOron would have been. God I think the thought of Irving just ruined my friggin nite. :fighting0050:ARRRRRRRRRRRR

Archived