Keyshawn Johnson

Scott Dierking

Ya think he still loves the dwayne jarrett pick? :lol:

I think deep down he knew that Jarrett was going to be his replacement in Carolina... just maybe he didn't think it would be 3 days later.;-)

Updated: May 1, 2007, 3:22 PM ET

Johnson cut a month after being paid $3M bonusESPN.com news services

Johnson

Veteran wide receiver Keyshawn Johnson was released by the Carolina Panthers on Tuesday, the St. Petersburg Times reported.

"They said they wanted to get younger,'' Johnson told the newspaper. "That's fine with me. I'd like to go somewhere and help someone win another Super Bowl.''

The move came a month after the Panthers paid Johnson a $3 million roster bonus.

While Johnson spent last weekend working for ESPN as part of the network's NFL draft coverage, he told the newspaper he would like to continue his playing career.

Johnson, 34, has 814 receptions for 10,571 yards and 64 touchdowns over an 11-year career. In 2006 he caught 70 passes for 815 yards and four TDs.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2855468

someone on espn radio mentioned NE possibly interested, i s##t you not! Also, they said Keyshawn i think said tampa and gruden is a possibility.

I don't think with 6 or 7 receivers in house that New England will look to add Keyshawn but you never know with the way they're dishing out the money this off-season.

Don't think he would return to Tampa Bay and Gruden but who knows.

I see Keyshawn possibly landing in New Orleans, San Diego or Denver, but thats just me.

If we let go of McCareins, which is likely, or can get something for him I'd be up for signing Keyshawn. He obviously can't run but is still a good redzone target and is that big receiver with great hands that would benefit Pennington.

He runs his mouth a little but please nobody bring up character cause he's not that bad and its not like Coles didn't talk a lot here. He did fine in Carolina.

He'd be a nice addition for a short term contract. He's still a solid possesion guy.

as much as i would love to see key run around in green and white....he would prevent our youth to develop. i'd rather throw stuckey or smith into the fire as our slot guy than an aging 35 year old keyshawn. i still think he could play, but he's a #2 WR at best and would be a nice slot receiver. i could definitely see him land in baltimore, SD, denver, philly, GB or even SF. all of those teams have promise to win their respective divisions....and are need for a 2nd receiver or a solid 3rd WR option

OK, I'm going to chime in on this Keyshawn business. First of all, Holy Cr*p, HAH. 'Just Gimme The Damn Pink Slip'. Actually, there were some pretty funny kernels in that book of his, my favorite being, "...O'Donnell was like a stiff puppet in the pocket." Snort. And he wasn't wrong as far as the Jets went on that score (no pun intended), I'll give him that. Prudent as a rookie? No. Smart even if not? Nyet, Comrades. Funny? Yeah. Tearing off his helmet after his first NFL TD, that I also forgive.

When and why I soured on Keyshawn....You, Meshawn. Me, Jane. Well, I am. Somewhat. Hehe.

First off, Fat Bill coddled that guy. It's a mystery. He put up with behavior from him he was notorious for punishing (except turning a blind eye to a cranked up LT - rings, you know). So Keyshawn and his personality, he gets drafted to flourish in the limelight of the primo arena to feed such things, that being NEW YORK. The world stage of sports, yo. But here's the thing: he can't shelve his professional jealousy, the professional jealousy that some midget from Hofstra is stealing. It's obvious to everyone in the free world except him that tandems that win games are more important than bruised egos. Cry me a river. And please do give me a flashlight. Those are indispensable when your car lands upside down in the same damn river.

Kvetch, complain, demand, the Jets don't keep him. A mistake? Depends how you want to look at it. A cancer, he winds up in Tampa, a place where he is NOT going to get the damn ball, a venue where accolades as opposed to NY are not even comparable. He gets a ring, runs his mouth, and gets fired, precisely as he deserved.

So here's my final analysis. He could've turned out worse, our mini-Terrell. He also could've turned out FAR better. Yes, he takes hits. Yes, he shows up more times than not. But he's an underachiever, all things considered. He could have accomplished FAR more over the length of his career. He could have been elite, but couldn't get out of his own way. His attitude convinced him he wasn't lazy. He was wrong. And I'm sticking by it.

Lest we forget his MONSTER game vs. the Jaguars in the PO's, the most complete game of his career, I give credit where credit is due. See Big Mouth Block! See Big Mouth Score! See Big Mouth bring his Big Mouth to the field! See Big Mouth get the damn ball because he shut up long enough! Hats off, there. Would I prefer him to be here than NE? Yep.

Keyshawn still has game and would be a great asset to our NYJ Team. We definately need another impact reciever to hold us over if we want a chance this year...Not to mention possibly trading for a better TE.

I'm all for adding playmakers but Keyshawn Johnson just sucks. He hasn't been good since he left NY. He's a possession receiver and not even a good one anymore. I don't think he is that much better than Justin McCareins now. He's just a name now.

Why do any of you even care about Keyshawn ending his career with the Jets? He bashed New York and Jets fans after he was traded to Tampa. All Keyshawn Johnson cares about is Keyshawn Johnson.

Plus, he will demand to start over Jerricho Cotchery which is a joke at this point.

I'm all for adding playmakers but Keyshawn Johnson just sucks. He hasn't been good since he left NY. He's a possession receiver and not even a good one anymore. I don't think he is that much better than Justin McCareins now. He's just a name now.

Plus, he will demand to start over Jerricho Cotchery which is a joke at this point.

you know something...when I saw PN had responded all I could think of was how I KNEW he would be against the move....you're getting very predictable bro

you know something...when I saw PN had responded all I could think of was how I KNEW he would be against the move....you're getting very predictable bro

Yeah, what kind of crazy person could possibly be against signing an over the hill, slow has-been wide receiver with a cancer, me-first attitude?

Yeah, what kind of crazy person could possibly be against signing an over the hill, slow has-been wide receiver with a cancer, me-first attitude?

See Randy Moss fake a cry! See Randy Moss get false redemption! See Randy Moss show up on purpose!

He's a bum, for 6 first round picks in a row he wanted that team to take a receiver. 6 in a row! Then the Panthers pick, and what do ya know...a receiver...ruh row Me-shawn, you might be out of a job soon.

Who said that? hmmm...

Archived