Leonard Peters SS U of Hawaii

Stonehands

I saw that we had signed him as an UDFA and I started to do some research on him. He looks like an absolute beast in the mold of a Troy Palamalu. It appears as though he may have ran in the 4.6's which killed any chance of him getting drafted, but looking at YouTube video of the guy, he looks like a beast. Maybe a good special teams find.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TL91j6OHGvk

I saw that we had signed him as an UDFA and I started to do some research on him. He looks like an absolute beast in the mold of a Troy Palamalu. It appears as though he may have ran in the 4.6's which killed any chance of him getting drafted, but looking at YouTube video of the guy, he looks like a beast. Maybe a good special teams find.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TL91j6OHGvk

great footage, if the NFL allows him to bring his Flaming Stick he would be unstoppable!!!

He's always injured and a little old.

But if he stays healthy I'd bet money that he'll make the roster and be a special teams beast.

Really like him and hope he can make the team.

Whoa!!! One of two Jets that I really like and think have potential to contribute more in the future would be negatively impacted if this guy sticks: Rashad Washington (#42) and Jamie Thompson (#38). Washington got some playing time toward the end of the season and looked good to me. He's big and can hit. Also, he's in the system.

Anyway, we welcome the chance to compete :)

Well, if he at least makes the Practice squad, he can entertain the fans

at half time with that flaming stick act.

Maybe if he's a miss in camp, he can join the flag girls next year? lol

Guy could be a monster on special teams as has been mentioned, I think he and Zalewski(sp?) have a good chance of sticking.

he has a better chance of being a jet flag boy with his flaming stick than he does of making the team as a safety. he looks like a heck of a football player but i don't see him covering nfl wr's.

I talked to my friend from Hawaii who's a pretty big University of Hawaii fan about this guy and he said it should be able to make the team. The most suprising thing he said to me was that this guy when fully healthy is supposedly fast but he's had lots of injury issues. Apparently he's ran a speed clinic for kids in Hawaii the last few years and can run a low 4.5

His main point was if healthy he should be able to make the team and would definitely contribute to special teams.

Archived