23 players to be linked to roids

AFJF

Breaking News

Explosive steroid affidavit unsealed

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By T.J. QUINN

DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

Monday, April 30th 2007, 3:30 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Print Email Suggest a Story

Click here to view complete search warrant affidavit

A 31-page search warrant affidavit has been sitting in a sealed court file since December 2005, waiting like Major League Baseball's personal unexploded grenade.

On Friday, former Mets clubbie and bat boy Kirk Radomski pleaded guilty in federal court to distributing steroids and money laundering, and the affidavit was unsealed.

The names of players have been redacted, but the pin is out of that grenade now. As soon as the government releases the redacted names, whether through their own devices or through former Sen. George Mitchell's investigation, the game could see its biggest calamity since the original BALCO investigation.

Listed in the search warrant executed by IRS and FBI agents are the names of as many as 23 players (some might be repeats) who sent checks to Radomski. This affidavit is a step beyond the explosive search warrant affidavit filed last year when pitcher Jason Grimsley's home was raided.

That affidavit listed names (also blacked out) supposedly given to the government by Grimsley, but the affidavit mentioned no other evidence connecting those players to drug use. Grimsley has said through his attorney that investigators put words in his mouth. In the Radomski case, however, is a stack of evidence that players will have a much tougher time dismissing.

Radomski has been avoiding the public eye, returning to the car wash he co-owns in Smithtown, NY, but his attorney, John Reilly, suggests there is more to come.

"I just know my client has agreed to cooperate," he said.

None of them will be Red Sux players, just ask the yeasty JBF.

There are several players I suspect of roid use...even today...

but please, oh please, do not let any of them be Yankees! I need to ride this wave of misery and failure all year long and I want to keep this bunch of losers/underachievers in place.

There are several players I suspect of roid use...even today...

but please, oh please, do not let any of them be Yankees! I need to ride this wave of misery and failure all year long and I want to keep this bunch of losers/underachievers in place.

Will you add any of them to your sig if they are included in this list ? I doubt it. Miopic behavior is a disease you suffer from.

Will you add any of them to your sig if they are included in this list ? I doubt it. Miopic behavior is a disease you suffer from.

Good question. In order to be put into my signature, you must be linked to a steroid scandal involving a paper trail of cash receipts for thousands of $$$ in packages from BALCO, a known supplier of banned performance-enhancing substances.

The heresay of some jock-sniffing gym rat doesnt cut it, but it is interesting.

david ortiz

jason varitek

manny ramirez

josh beckett

coco crisp

dustin pedroia

tim wakefield

curt schilling

diasuke matsuzaka

mike timlin

julio lugo

nomar garciapara