Does Bender=End of Adrian Jones?

TNJet

Theres no way Bender will be any worse than AJ,this guy is clueless when it comes to technique,and seems very soft.I myself look for Blanton and Bender to get his reps at backup OG and RT.:)

Who knows what Bender will become. He's a project and could eventually replace Clement but it isn't happening in 2007. As for Jones, he's a serviceable back-up and what exactly has Ed Blanton done besides being born with freak size?

Who knows what Bender will become. He's a project and could eventually replace Clement but it isn't happening in 2007. As for Jones, he's a serviceable back-up and what exactly has Ed Blanton done besides being born with freak size?

well he did start at RT for UCLA for a few years,and if im not mistaken they had a pretty well ranked run offense.He was also invited to the combine last year and expected to be a mid round selection in 2006.I personally think a T with 6-9 330 lb stature always will be productive on the line somewhere.

Adrian Jones will be a KC Chief by August and prolly a starter by September

Now now, give KC some credit, thats not how things operate down there. They'll meet with Jones in June, he'll be "staying with the Jets for the forseeable future" in July, and he'll be starting at LG(why LG you ask? b/c it makes no sense, thats why) by the time the season starts up!

Gil Brandt on Sirius yesterday said that he thinks that Bender will be the starting RT on the Jets this year. He may be a real steal.

I remember Jim Mandich grousing on the radio down here (WQAM used to be Dolphins flagship station) about how the Jets were always able to find OLmen in the late rounds to be quality starters...let's hope we do it again

Gil Brandt on Sirius yesterday said that he thinks that Bender will be the starting RT on the Jets this year. He may be a real steal.

You better hope so. The Jets didn't do anything else to try to upgrade the O-line this year. Kendall is almost finished, Brandon Moore and Anthony Clement are both just average. Add to the mix that D'Brick isn't the God-send everyone thought he would be and the only thing making the 2007 Jets O-line better than 2005 is Nick Mangold.

Archived