And the next WR for the NY Jets is...(Keyshawn) [MERGED]

Alk

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just saw this too. Me and SoFla were talking about it in the draft thread the other day, and I'd love to see him in green again.

I'd LOVE to see this happen-but how come it never seems to work out that way when it comes to the Jets? I'd MUCH rather have KJ than Tim Dwight and he could help Brad Smith and the other kids we just picked up learn the ropes.If not KJ than Jabar Gaffney-that's my WR wish list for this for this spring...

Keyshawns basically a glorified tight end these days, which actually could benefit Chad.

yes it would Matt39-I don't know why i even bother getting myself excited about these kinds of things that the Jets NEVER will in a million years do...OK they answered my wishlist once-Ty Law

I'd LOVE to see this happen-but how come it never seems to work out that way when it comes to the Jets? I'd MUCH rather have KJ than Tim Dwight and he could help Brad Smith and the other kids we just picked up learn the ropes.If not KJ than Jabar Gaffney-that's my WR wish list for this for this spring...

Plus if we sign him, we can rest assured that after he's done here, and 100% done, that the Patriots will sign him so he can break some stupid record like the first wideout to catch a touchdown with his feet while doing a handstand. It'll be all over ESPN...should be great.

I would rather pickup the underrated and just recently undrafted David Ball of New Hampsire as a RFA.He could probably beat out Stuckey as our slot receiver,yes hes not as fast but I guarantee that he has better hands.They are very Chrebet like.I really think its a shame that a kid that breaks Rice's college record gets bypassed.Even if he did play at a small school,he should get a good chance.Mark my word Ball will make it on to the field with someone as their 3rd wideout,hes just to dependable.

I would rather pickup the underrated and just recently undrafted David Ball of New Hampsire as a RFA.He could probably beat out Stuckey as our slot receiver,yes hes not as fast but I guarantee that he has better hands.They are very Chrebet like.I really think its a shame that a kid that breaks Rice's college record gets bypassed.Even if he did play at a small school,he should get a good chance.Mark my word Ball will make it on to the field with someone as their 3rd wideout,hes just to dependable.

I just think that slot WR spot is for the more established receivers who are sure-handed LIKE the Chrebets,tim Dwights and KJ's of the football world.I'd hate to see a rookie drop a pass on a 3rd and 6 against New England in December.Keyshaun Johnson is a PROVEN tough-as-nails-not-afraid-to-go-across-the-middle-and-lay-his-body-out-guy

I just think that slot WR spot is for the more established receivers who are sure-handed LIKE the Chrebets,tim Dwights and KJ's of the football world.I'd hate to see a rookie drop a pass on a 3rd and 6 against New England in December.Keyshaun Johnson is a PROVEN tough-as-nails-not-afraid-to-go-across-the-middle-and-lay-his-body-out-guy

true but Mangini would never want Keyshawn on our team,he doesnt fit the mold and causes trouble in the locker room.:Nuts:

Keyshawn has lost a step, that much is certain.

But a tall, smart receiver with good hands, who is a master at the fade route in the end zone, playing catch with Pennington? I would do this in a second.

Leadership. Bring him back baby.

Leadership? Are you kidding me? He was a punk-ass mofo when he was here and he was a punk-ass mofo when Gruden had to bench him in Tampa. What in the world makes you think his example is anything anyone else should follow?

No, thanks.

Leadership? Are you kidding me? He was a punk-ass mofo when he was here and he was a punk-ass mofo when Gruden had to bench him in Tampa. What in the world makes you think his example is anything anyone else should follow?

No, thanks.

He's a proven leader, he won a SB, he knows what it takes and to show some of these youngsters what it takes.

Johnson > J-Mac

true but Mangini would never want Keyshawn on our team,he doesnt fit the mold and causes trouble in the locker room.:Nuts:

No, thanks.

He's not the same guy. Hard as it is to believe, he really seems to have changed his colors. Could anyone have imagined him ever being ok with being a #2, like he was last season? And did he go to the media, sell out his QB and coaches when they blew a season they were SUPPOSED to go to the superbowl? Nope.

He's changed, and if Mangini and co. have a talk with him they'll see that.

Who Cares about that stuff!?? The guy make plays. If he can help win, why wouldnt you want him? besides, he never said he wanted to leave. he was traded because he wanted to re-do his deal with the Jets

Who Cares about that stuff!?? The guy make plays. If he can help win, why wouldnt you want him? besides, he never said he wanted to leave. he was traded because he wanted to re-do his deal with the Jets

I sometimes wish we cared a little LESS about that stuff sometimes ya know 67?

No, thanks.

Bob..I remember Curtis Martin fumbling in the Jaxonville playoff game in 98..Keyshawn hustled his ass off and ran back and recovered that fumble..he hustled his ass off all the time for the Jets under me!

I'd take him back in a heartbeat.

just once I'd like to see this regime do something like this...try it,if it doesn't work out then it's a lesson learned...there are a LOT of Jets fans who would applaud this move-myself included

Keyshawn SUCKS! PLEASE sign him. He's slow and he can't catch. He thinks he's great. HJe's the joke of the NFL. He'll fit right in.

Well, as of right now, he can outrun your #1 pick.

And his contract will be a lot less.

Ball was picked up by Chicago so that idea is dead.

I would love to see Keyshawn back in Green and White, I think he could help the younger guys develop while he plays here for a year or two and would actually be a valuable target for Pennington.

He's a proven leader, he won a SB, he knows what it takes and to show some of these youngsters what it takes.

Johnson > J-Mac

G, Your a good poster but I think your off base with this one. Just cause he won

a SB doesn't make him a leader. There were 52 other guys on the team. Mangini

won 3. He'll show them what it takes.

The Jets need Keyshawn Back. With the receiver core we have now, we stand no chance against NE.

You mean LC, the guy with the most heart between the two teams, and Cotchery, the Wideout that made big play after big play against NE last year? Yeah you're right...they suck.

Bringing Meshawn is an intriguing idea, but I don't know where he would play. He could start for some teams like the Titans, but we're not going to bench coles or cotch, so he would have to be o.k. being the 3rd wide out or we could use more 3 wr sets.

Archived