Pete Kendall?

4HCrew

Why in the hell would the Jets be trying to get rid of this guy when he is a leader on and off the field? his salary is not a problem, what is it his mouth? without any substantial replacement this is a huge mistake

Agree. I don't think they're trying to get rid of him anymore. Only if they were able to use him as part of a trade to secure a draft pick for him high enough to select a better guard. The draft is over; I doubt he's going anywhere this season. I think they just restructured his deal in March '06 anyway so we'd realize very little cap savings by releasing him.

Why in the hell would the Jets be trying to get rid of this guy when he is a leader on and off the field? his salary is not a problem, what is it his mouth? without any substantial replacement this is a huge mistake

That makes no sense at all. Boston College has been churning out NFL caliber lineman for the last 20 years.

These guys are not only good NFL players but they are smart and tough.

no way it could be his mouth he has the WICKED BOSTON ACCENT::wub

Agree. I don't think they're trying to get rid of him anymore. Only if they were able to use him as part of a trade to secure a draft pick for him high enough to select a better guard. The draft is over; I doubt he's going anywhere this season. I think they just restructured his deal in March '06 anyway so we'd realize very little cap savings by releasing him.

If they do release Kendall, I'd have no problem with it, but I think the Jets would have some kind of solid replacement plan. I read in the jets news that justin smiley from the 49ers is on the block, he's a nice guard.

No way. Kendall has been very good for us and he brings good leadership to the Oline with his veteran presence. He's a good run blocker who still has a few year left in him. He's not going anywhere.

We have too many ****ing leaders on this team. We need less Leaders and more followers who can play ball.

If they do release Kendall, I'd have no problem with it, but I think the Jets would have some kind of solid replacement plan. I read in the jets news that Justin Smiley from the 49ers is on the block, he's a nice guard.

Plus he's an Alabama boy. He'd be a great addition to the Jets O line as well as keeping Kendall

Archived