The FUTURE of the AFC East belongs to Mangini and the NY Jets

And even Pat fans can't jumo into this post and say otherwise. Yes the Pats had thier time with Brady and BB but the fact of the matter is this... The Pats are starting to get desperate just like my own team in the Yanks... Just look at the face of BB on a daily basis, that is one unhappy coach and I even think that he knows his great run in the NFL is coming to an end (With the Patriots.) Tom Brady is going to go down as one of the best QB's of all time but the fact of the matter is this... Nothing will last forever. And if BB leaves NE no one can say what will really happen with Brady and the pats without one of the best coaches ever.

Bottom line is this, the only 2 players that I can think of on this Jets team that are actaully over the age of 30 is Chad and Kandall... The future is looking bright. Yea we have leaders on this team who are still pretty young as in Coles, Ellis, even Robertson is starting to be a veteran player. But we have so many players on this team with SO MUCH UPSIDE that its not even funny... And if ANY PATRIOTS FAN can name thier future stars I would love to be informed.

-Leon Washington from FSU is a play-maker in the open field and growing up in Florida I was shocked and I MEAN SHOCKED when we drafted him in the 4th round. (When we did that I knew we had something in Mangini)

-Ferguson... 3 words.... Franchise Left Tackle

-Mangold... 3 words, Future All-Pro

-J.Cotchery... This kid broke alot of T.Holts records while playing at NC State... And thank you HErm... You made this kid one hungry WR.

-J.Vilma... Boy would the Pats love to have this beast playing with NE

-K.Rhodes... WOW, thats all I could say last season. He honestly played just as good if not better than E.Reed the stats done lie for a Safety

-Brad Smith... He is a "potential threat" each and every down that he plays.

I can go and on... But we all get the point

And even Pat fans can't jumo into this post and say otherwise. Yes the Pats had thier time with Brady and BB but the fact of the matter is this... The Pats are starting to get desperate just like my own team in the Yanks... Just look at the face of BB on a daily basis, that is one unhappy coach and I even think that he knows his great run in the NFL is coming to an end (With the Patriots.) Tom Brady is going to go down as one of the best QB's of all time but the fact of the matter is this... Nothing will last forever. And if BB leaves NE no one can say what will really happen with Brady and the pats without one of the best coaches ever.

Bottom line is this, the only 2 players that I can think of on this Jets team that are actaully over the age of 30 is Chad and Kendall... The future is looking bright. Yea we have leaders on this team who are still pretty young as in Coles, Ellis, even Robertson is starting to be a veteran player. But we have so many players on this team with SO MUCH UPSIDE that its not even funny... And if ANY PATRIOTS FAN can name thier future stars I would love to be informed.

-Leon Washington from FSU is a play-maker in the open field and growing up in Florida I was shocked and I MEAN SHOCKED when we drafted him in the 4th round. (When we did that I knew we had something in Mangini)

-J.Cotchery... This kid broke alot of T.Holts records while playing at NC State... And thank you HErm... You made this kid one hungry WR.

-K.Rhodes... WOW, thats all I could say last season. He honestly played just as good if not better than E.Reed the stats done lie for a Safety

Very nice post. Very realisitic except for the part where the friggin Trolls can't jump in and say otherwise. :smile:

how much Mangini Aid have you had? Ferguson still has some work to do to prove he can be a franchise tackle and Brad Smith has proved next to nothing at wr. Also would not be surprised if Vilma is not even here next year. I get where you are going with your post and it is an exciting time but the Jets still have a way to go this year to prove they are heading in the right direction. One year does not make a dynasty.

Take a look at the Pats d-line and get back to me, would yah? Oh, and the o-line ....and the TE's......RB.....yup, the aging LB corps is making the whole darn team old! And those pesky Pats - it's not like they have another 2 first round draft picks next year....booooo Patsies!

Take a look at the Pats d-line and get back to me, would yah? Oh, and the o-line ....and the TE's......RB.....yup, the aging LB corps is making the whole darn team old! And those pesky Pats - it's not like they have another 2 first round draft picks next year....booooo Patsies!

maroney is already getting beat up

the LB's are getting old, brewski is a joke, harris fit mumbles scheme to a T

and he passed on him, i think for cap reasons

WR's are much improved, we shall see how long mumbles will put up with moss taking plays off and dante for pulling a hammy.

BTW cindy has been taking a beating, so i'm not sure of your OL comment

Watson should have a big year and is my fantasy sleeper of year!

IMO, this is going to wind up being Bellichick's last year. I honestly think he's gearing up for one final push to the SB so he can go out on top, which is why I think some of the WR's they signed this offseason all have essentially 1 year deals.

That's just my honest opinion, so don't chew my head off Pats' fans :grin:

Bottom line is this, the only 2 players that I can think of on this Jets team that are actaully over the age of 30 is Chad and Kandall... The future is looking bright. Yea we have leaders on this team who are still pretty young as in Coles, Ellis, even Robertson is starting to be a veteran player. But we have so many players on this team with SO MUCH UPSIDE that its not even funny... And if ANY PATRIOTS FAN can name thier future stars I would love to be informed.

Get back to me when the Jets win 11 or more games in a season.

Get back to me when the Jets win 11 or more games in a season.

And 11 wins proves what??? I guess that is a magic number or something, this is the NFL you could win all 16 and be bumped after your 1st playoff game.

And 11 wins proves what??? I guess that is a magic number or something, this is the NFL you could win all 16 and be bumped after your 1st playoff game.

11 or more wins usually guarantees a team will win its division.

Since the NFL went to a 16 game schedule in 1978 the Jets have posted 11 or more wins twice ('85 & '98).

How many times have the Jets won the AFCE?

Its much easier to advance in the playoffs as a division winner than a wildcard team.

Bottom line is this, the only 2 players that I can think of on this Jets team that are actaully over the age of 30 is Chad and Kandall... The future is looking bright.

We really don't have too many guys over 30.

Kimo, Graham, Dearth, and Clement (by 2 days). And if you want to keep Curtis on the list until he reitires then fine.

But either way, we have a good young core.

11 or more wins usually guarantees a team will win its division.

Since the NFL went to a 16 game schedule in 1978 the Jets have posted 11 or more wins twice ('85 & '98).

How many times have the Jets won the AFCE?

Its much easier to advance in the playoffs as a division winner than a wildcard team.

Only one of these points you make are relevant to the goal all Jets fans want , a super bowl. Advancing in the playoffs. I don't care how many games they won , as long as it is enough to make the playoffs, same goes for winning the division

All we need is a QB ... unfortunately, that is an important position

Archived