Jessie Allen Workout Warrior?

R44

I was cleaning out my messages at another site and found a fascinating stored article from 2005. Top 10 workout warriors from ESPN. This was written prior to Allen's (who signed as UFA with the Jets Sunday) junior season...

10. Jesse Allen, FB, Virginia Tech: Has gone from Rudy to Freak, not a metamorphosis done too often. Although as I type this I think his story is begging for some kind of local endorsement deal around the Blacksburg area after he's done at Tech. He even earned "Super Iron Hokie" honors, setting a new team (not position) record with a 395-pound power clean, while putting up a 430-pound bench press and a 560-pound back squat.

P.S: Jessie Allen's cousin in Connecticut used to send me messages all the time, posting Jessie's workout results at the gym he worked out at and used to ask me to reply to him. I never could, because he never left a return address.

Point?

If his cousin reads this, we were NOT being jerks at Draft Daddy, we just didn't have a way to reach you :Typotux:

Well the term workout warrior is common these days. But it doesn't mean that some of these guys can't make it. A new start, a better program, some times it does work.

At any rate R44 if he is that strong just answer his damn cousin already! :Nuts: Just in case, hahaha.

I hear his pops posts at the hokie website. Also, turns out the family are big patsy fans and that they're in a tough spot with Jesse on the Jets (not knowing what to do if he makes the team).

I'm rooting for this guy, he hits like a truck.

I hear his pops posts at the hokie website. Also, turns out the family are big patsy fans and that they're in a tough spot with Jesse on the Jets (not knowing what to do if he makes the team).

I'm rooting for this guy, he hits like a truck.

There is no decision. Leave the dark side, root for the good guys!

Go Jets.

Archived