Jets | Bekasiak will work out with team

FoxJet

We could have a sleeper here.......

Bekasiak said. "The linemen have to move quick from one gap to another to keep blockers off the linebackers and let them get to the ball. It's how our defense works."

He sounds like he woud be a good fit as a 3-4 DE!

Jets | Bekasiak will work out with team

Wed, 2 May 2007 20:05:43 -0700

Dan Ralph, of the Canadian Press, reports Toledo undrafted free-agent J.P. Bekasiak will attend free-agent workouts with the New York Jets

CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHO OR WHOM IS JP BEKASIAK ?

J.P. Bekasiak Taken in First Round of CFL Draft by Hamilton Ti-Cats

Rocket defensive lineman was fourth overall pick among Canadians in CFL Draft

May 2, 2007

Toledo, OH - Defensive lineman J.P. Bekasiak (Windsor, ONT-St. Anne H.S.) was selected in the first round of the CFL Canadian Draft by the Hamilton Ti-Cats. Bekasiak was the fourth overall pick of today's draft, which includes only native Canadians. Hamilton also had the No. 1 overall pick of the draft, taking wide receiver Chris Bauman of the University of Regina.

Bekasiak, a 6-6, 296-pound defensive tackle, played four seasons for the Rockets, racking up 64 tackles, including 8.0 tackles for loss and 3.5 sacks. He started 22 games in his career, including all 12 in the 2005 season when Toledo went 9-3 and won the GMAC Bowl."I'm excited to be in Hamilton. It's a great opportunity for me," said Bekasiak, a marketing major who will graduate from UT this month. "I would play anywhere but Hamilton is close to home and I know some of the coaches there and I'm comfortable with the situation there."Bekasiak said he still has tryouts with a couple of NFL teams and has not ruled out signing a free agent contract with an NFL team.

On Sunday, one of Bekasiak's Rocket teammates, linebacker Mike Alston, signed a free agent contract with the Cleveland Browns.

> http://utrockets.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/050207aaa.html

Archived