Chad wanted Moss

22DaFuTuRe51

POSTED 11:32 a.m. EDT, May 3, 2007

PENNINGTON WANTED MOSS

Jets quarterback Chad Pennington says that he lobbied the powers-that-be to make a play for receiver Randy Moss.

Pennington says that he "talked to [G.M.] Mike [Tannenbaum] about some of the positive attributes about Randy."

"I've always been a fan of Randy," Pennington said. "I always felt like, in the right situation, he's going to excel and help your team win. He's just a phenomenal player."

Pennington and Moss played together at Marshall, and Moss has in the past expressed a desire to reunite with Pennington.

"With [Moss] being the type of player he is, knowing his attributes . . . any time you can get a player like that, you're pretty excited," Pennington said. "I had a great experience with him at Marshall, so I'm biased. It's one of those things; it's part of the business. Sometimes those things work out, sometimes they don't."

Instead, Pennington and his Jets will now be competing with Moss and his Patriots in the same division.

Pennington described his reaction after hearing the news: "I was like, 'We'd better find out some ways to stop him.' Knowing Randy, he's going to be ready to play. I'm sure he looks at this as not only a great opportunity, but a challenge to prove people wrong."

MOSS IS A MAN WITHOUT A NUMBER

Meanwhile (and for all 15 of you who care about stuff like this), it has not yet been decided which jersey number Moss will wear in New England. He wore 84 in Minnesota and 18 in Oakland. But both of those numbers are already claimed, by Ben Watson and Donte' Stallworth, respectively. Moss wore 88 while at Marshall, but that number has been assigned to Kyle Brady.

We're told that Moss has been offered 82. Other currently available numbers for his position are 11, 14, and 89.

Number 80 is also available, but that likely is being reserved for Troy Brown.

Really, is this any surprise? Of course James wanted Randy. Randy would be able to make James look better, as he did while at Marshall, and would probably prolong Pennington's career with the Jets.

Long live James Chadwick Pennington!;-)

Moss to the NYJ would have been a great ESPN special on him and Chad.... but I really think Moss is on his last year or two in the league and cannot produce anymore...

famous last words. i fear this joker. if (big if) he can stay on belly's good side he could put up monster numbers this year. revis will be tested early in his young career.

famous last words. i fear this joker. if (big if) he can stay on belly's good side he could put up monster numbers this year. revis will be tested early in his young career.

I know he can... but if we dont talk about it... it wont happen dammit!!! lol

Truth be told... if they did bring him in to the JETS... I would have been in the front seat of his bandwagon... but since he went to the enemy... f*ck him... his career is over...

POSTED 11:32 a.m. EDT, May 3, 2007

PENNINGTON WANTED MOSS

Jets quarterback Chad Pennington says that he lobbied the powers-that-be to make a play for receiver Randy Moss.

Pennington says that he "talked to [G.M.] Mike [Tannenbaum] about some of the positive attributes about Randy."

"I've always been a fan of Randy," Pennington said. "I always felt like, in the right situation, he's going to excel and help your team win. He's just a phenomenal player."

Pennington and Moss played together at Marshall, and Moss has in the past expressed a desire to reunite with Pennington.

"With [Moss] being the type of player he is, knowing his attributes . . . any time you can get a player like that, you're pretty excited," Pennington said. "I had a great experience with him at Marshall, so I'm biased. It's one of those things; it's part of the business. Sometimes those things work out, sometimes they don't."

Instead, Pennington and his Jets will now be competing with Moss and his Patriots in the same division.

Pennington described his reaction after hearing the news: "I was like, 'We'd better find out some ways to stop him.' Knowing Randy, he's going to be ready to play. I'm sure he looks at this as not only a great opportunity, but a challenge to prove people wrong."

MOSS IS A MAN WITHOUT A NUMBER

Meanwhile (and for all 15 of you who care about stuff like this), it has not yet been decided which jersey number Moss will wear in New England. He wore 84 in Minnesota and 18 in Oakland. But both of those numbers are already claimed, by Ben Watson and Donte' Stallworth, respectively. Moss wore 88 while at Marshall, but that number has been assigned to Kyle Brady.

We're told that Moss has been offered 82. Other currently available numbers for his position are 11, 14, and 89.

Number 80 is also available, but that likely is being reserved for Troy Brown.

The #80 in a Pats Uniform is SO FRICKIN' OFF LIMITS. THAT NUMBER SHOULD BE RETIRED AS SOON AS TROY DOES.

Blasphemy here!!!!!!

Is anyone else thinking this, or is it just me?

When we play against teams with some real burners at WR, do you think Miller might get the call? or will it always be Revis? I think Miller would be able to lock down a young guy like Ginn, but with moss, revis has to be the call.

I'm more just wondering for the entire season, i guess i just don't know how fast revis is, but i know Miller can absolutly fly.

Is anyone else thinking this, or is it just me?

When we play against teams with some real burners at WR, do you think Miller might get the call? or will it always be Revis? I think Miller would be able to lock down a young guy like Ginn, but with moss, revis has to be the call.

I'm more just wondering for the entire season, i guess i just don't know how fast revis is, but i know Miller can absolutly fly.

Revis has a low 40 time of 4.35 from what I found...

Really, is this any surprise? Of course James wanted Randy. Randy would be able to make James look better, as he did while at Marshall, and would probably prolong Pennington's career with the Jets.

Long live James Chadwick Pennington!;-)

You say that like making Pennington look good is a bad thing.

Incorrect.

I want Chad Pennington to succeed but I've come to grip with reality that he will not in terms of bringing a championship to New York.

Link? lol

Thats your opinion... not reality... ;)

So is your foolish belief that he can.

The fact that he has survived multiple injuries and remained starter, multiple offenses and remained starter, and now a new head coach who didnt draft him and remained starter, makes me think that at least SOMEONE with power on the JETS thinks he can win it all.

Incorrect.

I want Chad Pennington to succeed but I've come to grip with reality that he will not in terms of bringing a championship to New York.

if qb is so important, why don't teams just draft 7 qbs round 1-7 and fill the rest of the roster with jags and udfa? i mean, obviously a qb is the only position you need and you can't win without one... :yawn:

If 80 is retired in New England then 80 should be retired twice in New York.

Dear Gawd - not another "retahded" Brown versus Chrebet debate. Brown wins ina freakin' landslide. Not even close. Get real.:box:

Dear Gawd - not another "retahded" Brown versus Chrebet debate. Brown wins ina freakin' landslide. Not even close. Get real.:box:

There's no way this debate goes towards the debate you just mentioned. If Chad's name is dropped than Noodles #2 comes out with why the Midg. should be starting.

In what exactly? Rings? Yes. Chrebet wins in everything else. Far better player.

Archived