Matt39

I'm from Westchester, went to Siena. Finance.

So what are you doing on this site- get out there and get a job Matt!

I work in the financial services industry- this may be the last thing you want to hear but I would plan to start working on your MBA degree to get ahead.

Congratulations! Now get busy and go get a job.

LoL, this is exactly the response I got in my graduation thread in December. Was that you then too? :lol:

Anyway, congrats to you Matt. I wish you nothing but the best and hope things go smooth for you in whatever career you choose.

i mean this with all due respect but keep going, bachelors degrees are a dime a dozen, unless your hooked up get that Masters at least...

Papi is absolutely correct. Further - don't put off getting your graduate degree for too long. Work for a company that has a tuition reimbursement program - get it done on the cheap(er). I made the mistake of waiting - then waiting - then coming up with all sorts of excuses - got lazy - and now, too many years later, I'm taking my GRE's. Don't be like me.

Papi is absolutely correct. Further - don't put off getting your graduate degree for too long. Work for a company that has a tuition reimbursement program - get it done on the cheap(er). I made the mistake of waiting - then waiting - then coming up with all sorts of excuses - got lazy - and now, too many years later, I'm taking my GRE's. Don't be like me.

This is absolutely right Matt- to get any decent position in the financial field you will need a MBA- I started through my company with the tuition reimbursement but even if you have to start on your own I would not hesitate or put it off too long.

Of course - you could always get into the whole financial planning field (if your into, and good at, sales) - could be big with this whole social security over-haul idea. Work for a firm that not only helps pay for your MBA - but sponsors your getting licensed - 63, 7, 24, etc.

get your masters, then your PHD, teach at college and on your summers off teach/chaperone summer abroad classes and nail coeds....its a gameplan, believe me....

man that is the pla, i'm getting my PhD now and can only hope that I can get a gig at my university that i completed my MBA at...

they have clusters in Jamaica and they fly the professors out and board them in an all inclusive every other weekend to go out and teach 4 hours Fri nite and 8 on sat and your put up from fri -sun afternoon every other weekend for 10 weeks (5 times) and still get paid about 5 grand for your services

that would be lovely i tell ya

This is absolutely right Matt- to get any decent position in the financial field you will need a MBA- I started through my company with the tuition reimbursement but even if you have to start on your own I would not hesitate or put it off too long.

If money is not an issue, then you should try to bang it out now. If it is, get the company to pay for it but since you will be going part time, it will take that much longer. My company paid for my MBA, but the work, the studying and all the late hours and weekends that go into it are tough and can really be a grind. I thought about chucking the whole thing a couple of times, but hung in there. I couldn't face doing it again if I had to.

man that is the pla, i'm getting my PhD now and can only hope that I can get a gig at my university that i completed my MBA at...

they have clusters in Jamaica and they fly the professors out and board them in an all inclusive every other weekend to go out and teach 4 hours Fri nite and 8 on sat and your put up from fri -sun afternoon every other weekend for 10 weeks (5 times) and still get paid about 5 grand for your services

that would be lovely i tell ya

yup, there is worse livings....

Archived