Sox injury list expands.

PFSIKH

SD- you're allowed to post whatever the crap you want.. you just can't get all upset when someone calls you out for starting blatantly obsessive/obnoxious/unthoughtful/useless posts about another team. I think. :Typotux:

I think its you cant get upset when people post stuff about other teams,, ya , thats it

but I assume all posts will be welcome when Yanks are in 1st place ;)

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nice job backtracking. That was clearly sarcasm.

Unfotunateley, young one, you are wrong again.

It was more to point out that you should stop the crying about injuries, all teams have them, be glad that you have a farm system (Why it is there), to be plan B.

A mind reader, you are not.

The Expos and Marlins spent a lot of money in developing their systems.

Even moreso, they traded some of their talent for near-ready prospects. They both did a good job in discerning good prospects from poor ones.

But, don't be confused. The Yankees (and some others, Mets included) have a HUGE advantage over other clubs in terms of developing players and the abilty to get players into the system.

the only advantage teh Yankees have over other clubs is in teh international arena, which is still a free-for-all. Otherwise, the majority of your talent in the farm comes from the draft, and while some teams do shy away from certain kids (read that - Boras clients), this is not the biggest factor on the draft.

Mason-We are sorry that it pains you so much to have anyone speak poorly about the team that you follow, or offer other points of view.

In the future, we will consider your thin skin.

Why don't you just admit you're wrong? You didn't even address the topic. MadMike is clearly correct when he says the Yankees have the best pitching in their farm system. There's a difference between offering other points of view and just being incorrect, which you are.

Next time I post SD, I'll consider your inability to understand the painfully obvious.

the only advantage teh Yankees have over other clubs is in teh international arena, which is still a free-for-all. Otherwise, the majority of your talent in the farm comes from the draft, and while some teams do shy away from certain kids (read that - Boras clients), this is not the biggest factor on the draft.

mbn, That is a pretty LARGE advantage. They are not alone in this, but a large advantage.

Why don't you just admit you're wrong? You didn't even address the topic. MadMike is clearly correct when he says the Yankees have the best pitching in their farm system. There's a difference between offering other points of view and just being incorrect, which you are.

Next time I post SD, I'll consider your inability to understand the painfully obvious.

Tell me where I am wrong in this thread.

Please, since you are so obviously insistent upon it.

I'm not sure if it's true today, but I remember reading that the Yankees had twice the amount of scouts and talent evaluators than any other team. This was during the late 90's run.

Steinbrenner's money has far-reaching effects.

Tell me where I am wrong in this thread.

Please, since you are so obviously insistent upon it.

MadMike makes the obvious point that the Yankees have the best pitching prospects in baseball. You make weak and lame posts about "not being able to understand numbers" when if you click on the link it shows the Yankees are #1 in pitching prospects.

I swear it's like talking to an 8-year old.

I'm not sure if it's true today, but I remember reading that the Yankees had twice the amount of scouts and talent evaluators than any other team. This was during the late 90's run.

Yankees aren't the only ones, and it is still true.

You can afford to make a lot of mistakes, which other teams don't have the luxury of.

Nobody is denying that the Yankees may have the best pitching in the farm. We were pointing out that mike threw out some numbers that had no apparent meaning.

Pitching-638.8 means nothing to me.

mbn, That is a pretty LARGE advantage. They are not alone in this, but a large advantage.

Not really.

The Giants, Indians and Padres and Mariners all signed major international talent last summer. While the Yankees bagged a few, they clearly lost out on many good ones.

Nothing wrong with that. They have two to three times the payroll of some teams, why not two to three times the amount of scouts,,makes sense

MadMike makes the obvious point that the Yankees have the best pitching prospects in baseball. You make weak and lame posts about "not being able to understand numbers" when if you click on the link it shows the Yankees are #1 in pitching prospects.

I NEVER NEVER claimed the Yankees did not have pitching prospects.

I said "It is a good thing the Yankees hav e the wherewithall and $$$ to have a top farm system"

Again, where am I wrong?

Not really.

The Giants, Indians and Padres and Mariners all signed major international talent last summer. While the Yankees bagged a few, they clearly lost out on many good ones.

mbn, come on, it is a LARGE advantage.

You are actually going to dismiss because they "lost out on many good ones".

Team Hitters Pitchers Total KG

1. Devil Rays 858.8 458.6 1317.4 1

2. Yankees 410.8 638.8 1049.6 4

3. Angels 593.4 411.5 1004.9 3

4. Twins 605.4 377.6 983.0 12

5. D'Backs 681.3 269.0 950.3 6

Not only are they the best in terms of pitching but they are the best by 30%.

This is his original post. What does 638.8 mean to you?

I swear, it's like talking to a 5 year old.

This is his original post. What does 638.8 mean to you?

I swear, it's like talking to a 5 year old.

It sceintific.

It's generally accepted that the legendary Branch Rickey devised the universally used 20-80 scouting scale. The actual origin of the scale is a bit of a mystery, but some believe it's based on a scientific scale used in some fields that revolves around a median (in this case 50), and three standard deviations above (60, 70, 80) and below (40, 30, 20). What does that have to do with organizational rankings? Not much, unless you're a scouting dork like me. As opposed to being completely subjective here, I went about the task of trying to actually quantify the rankings.

I began by assigning points to each team for the talent it has, giving points at differing levels within the Excellent, Very Good, and Good labels used in the recently completed Top 10 lists. Additional points were granted for average prospects, as well as talent beyond their top 10 that would qualify for that level. The rankings you see here reflect the total raw points. In order to have a little fun with this, and in an attempt to provide some additional information, I then split the talent between hitting and pitching, found the average amount of hitting and pitching points, and then calculated the number of standard deviations above or below that average. Presto! Instant 20-80 scores for each category.

mbn

The Yankees have a huge advantage. The Yankees are associated with winning and more importantly money. That is why an international draft is sorely needed. I believe you are a firm believer in that.

A prospect is going to go where the money is. The Yankees have a boatload of it. That is why the Sox signing of Dice-K was huge. It showed the have money to.

It sceintific.

mbn

The Yankees have a huge advantage. The Yankees are associated with winning and more importantly money. That is why an international draft is sorely needed. I believe you are a firm believer in that.

A prospect is going to go where the money is. The Yankees have a boatload of it. That is why the Sox signing of Dice-K was huge. It showed the have money to.

The international draft won't do much if the yankees continue to draft the way they have in the last few years.

I'm not being bated by you again. If you want to get into meaningless arguments just for the sake of being an ******* as you usually do, find someone else.

Oh ok. I guess using stats, like you want to support a players worth is only smart when YOU want to use them. I see.

The ONLY thing that Wang was good at was getting wins. Which you tell us is a TEAM accomplishment. Wang's ERA was good, but when you consider the number of balls out in play against him, is a team stat also.

HIs peripheral numbers were very mediocre to bad. Walk to BB, forget it. WHIP? Terrible.

But you want to call him 2nd best pitcher

Mike, you are so hypocritical.

He's struggling. I never said he sucked.

Do you realize that Josh Beckett has more wins than all of the Yankee starters combined?

Do you realize that wins are a team stat? It's hard not to have a lot of wins when you lead the majors in run support.

So he sucks based on 2 starts?

Well to be fair, didn't you have Beckett's labeled as a bum after he won 15 games but had a high HR's against and ERA? Beckett to date has made you eat those words.

6-0 2.72 ERA with a 1.06 WHIP......Doesn't sound like the bats are carrying him.

Oh ok. I guess using stats, like you want to support a players worth is only smart when YOU want to use them. I see.

The ONLY thing that Wang was good at was getting wins. Which you tell us is a TEAM accomplishment. Wang's ERA was good, but when you consider the number of balls out in play against him, is a team stat also.

HIs peripheral numbers were very mediocre to bad. Walk to BB, forget it. WHIP? Terrible.

But you want to call him 2nd best pitcher

Mike, you are so hypocritical.

1.31 WHIP is terrible? Once again you show that you have NO IDEA what you're talking about.

What did Wang have last year to be the "2nd best pitcher"?

Huh?

Nowhere NEAR the major league lead. In fact he was 3rd on the team in run support last year. But why check your facts before you make moronic statements?

Well to be fair, didn't you have Beckett's labeled as a bum after he won 15 games but had a high HR's against and ERA? Beckett to date has made you eat those words.

6-0 2.72 ERA with a 1.06 WHIP......Doesn't sound like the bats are carrying him.

Beckett's numbers at the end of the year will not be a 2.72 ERA and a 1.06. Look at the team's he's beat.

Archived