Friday's Jets News

SoFlaJets

Jets Had A Good Draft

by: Brian Bohl | Senior Writer - NY Sports Day | Friday, May 4, 2007

HEMPSTEAD, NY - Mike Tannenbaum was ready for a long wait last weekend. The NFL Draft set a dubious record as the first round finished in 6:08, breaking the 2002 mark for the longest round in the event

Andruzzi is on Jets' radar

Friday, May 4, 2007

By J.P. PELZMAN

STAFF WRITER

The well-worn road that leads from Foxboro, Mass., to Hempstead, N.Y., might soon have another traveler. Only this time, one who detoured in Cleveland before going from the Patriots to the Jets.

The Browns' release of veteran left guard Joe Andruzzi will become official today, making him an unrestricted free agent. Andruzzi's agent, Joe Linta, said Thursday that his client would be very interested in the Jets should they call. There has been speculation recently that the Jets may trade or release incumbent left guard Pete Kendall, a starter for New York for the last three seasons.

"I know [Andruzzi] would love the chance," Linta said, "to come in and visit with [Jets coach] Eric [Mangini]."

Andruzzi spent five seasons with New England, from 2000-04, at the same time that Mangini was New England's secondary coach. The 10-year veteran, who was born in Brooklyn and went to high school on Staten Island, started 27 games for Cleveland the past two seasons after signing with the Browns as a free agent. He was scheduled to make $1.5 million this season and became expendable when the Browns decided to go with a youth movement on their offensive line.

E-mail: pelzman@northjersey.com

No quit in Curtis yet

BY RICH CIMINI

DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

Friday, May 4th 2007, 4:00 AM

Curtis Martin is working out twice a week at the Jets' facility and he happily reported last night that he has maintained his playing weight, 206 pounds. Does that mean Martin, 34, who missed last season with a knee injury, is plotting a comeback?

"I'm just keeping my options open and just trying to make sure I stay in shape," the Jets' all-time leading rusher said, commenting on his status for the first time since January.

From all indications, Martin will announce his retirement by June 1. He claimed he hasn't made a decision, adding, "But I plan on doing it sometime soon."

Martin, one of at least a dozen Jets who appeared last night at the "Taste of the NFL" fund-raiser to fight hunger, raved about the acquistion of Thomas Jones.

"I was totally in favor of that move," Martin said. "I think he's one of the complete backs in the NFL, and it's hard to find complete backs."

yeah, me too. i'm sure the giants & a few other teams will be takin a look at him as well.

can't say i'm too happy about hearing that kendall will be released

Yea I liked him too-he's a pro's pro...but I gotta say after seeing him from a few feet away on Christmas night he's not that big of a guy...I think we need more beef up front with what we're hoping to do this year,which is run the ball with authority

Yea I liked him too-he's a pro's pro...but I gotta say after seeing him from a few feet away on Christmas night he's not that big of a guy...I think we need more beef up front with what we're hoping to do this year,which is run the ball with authority

Just to add (from KFFL):

Jets | Andruzzi interested in team

Fri, 4 May 2007 10:47:11 -0700

J.P. Pelzman, of the Bergen Record, reports free-agent OG Joe Andruzzi (Browns) would be interested in playing for the New York Jets should the team show interest in him, according to agent Joe Linta.

Just to add (from KFFL):

J.P. Pelzman, of the Bergen Record, reports free-agent OG Joe Andruzzi (Browns) would be interested in playing for the New York Jets should the team show interest in him, according to agent Joe Linta.

Bring him in please...

Just to add (from KFFL):

And they forgot to also add

Any other team that wants him.

And they forgot to also add

Any other team that wants him.

at this point in his career Joe prolly wants to go back home being a NY boy and all ya know Senior?-it seems we're HIS #1 choice,it could be a good pick-up-we got the cap room-I say sign him

at this point in his career Joe prolly wants to go back home being a NY boy and all ya know Senior?-it seems we're HIS #1 choice,it could be a good pick-up-we got the cap room-I say sign him

I hope they do... but they never seem to go after the guys we want! lol

Johnson and Andruzzi... bring them to NY dammit

NEW YORK TIMES- Among the teams Johnson and his agent are thought to be concentrating on are the Packers, Seattle, the New York Giants, San Francisco, Tennessee and the New York Jets.

I really hope we can work something out with Keyshawn. It looks like he's interested...

Archived