The official Yankee fan excuse thread

Jetsfan80

The rules are simple. Post your excuses for the $200 million disaster, currently in last place, whether a Yankee fan or not. I'll start:

1) It's only May!

2) Brian Cashman / Joe Torre blows. They should have been fired years ago.

3) No one has ever dealt with injuries like this before. Just need to get healthy.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The rules are simple. Post your excuses for the $200 million disaster, currently in last place, whether a Yankee fan or not. I'll start:

1) It's only May!

2) Brian Cashman / Joe Torre blows. They should have been fired years ago.

3) No one has ever dealt with injuries like this before. Just need to get healthy.

Aha-hahhahahaahaha.

The only thing I regret here is that I didnt come up with this thread first. JF80 is really coming up through the ranks of Yankee Hater Nation.

I got some more excuses for the list...

-Everything will be OK very shortly now that the steroid pusher...err...I mean "Strength and Conditioning" coach has been fired.

-Wait 'til Roger Clemens gets here!

-Wait 'til we bring Philip Hughes up to the big club. (Oops, sorry about that Yankee fans)

Aha-hahhahahaahaha.

The only thing I regret here is that I didnt come up with this thread first. JF80 is really coming up through the ranks of Yankee Hater Nation.

-Everything will be OK very shortly now that the steroid pusher...err...I mean "Strength and Conditioning" coach has been fired.

-Wait 'til we bring Philip Hughes up to the big club. (Oops, sorry about that Yankee fans)

What's really funny is that Zippy thought this was clever.

How the heck is that ripping the Mets? I'm ripping YOU.

madmike, you should focus your energies on something you're good at: coming up with inane statistics to "prove" your side of the argument. Those meaningless numbers would come in handy as excuses for the Yankees' ineptitude.

madmike, you should focus your energies on something you're good at: coming up with inane statistics to "prove" your side of the argument. Those meaningless numbers would come in handy as excuses for the Yankees' ineptitude.

good job changing the subject when someone points out that you're obsessed with the yankees. The mets are playing great ball yet you still only post about the yankees. It's really sad.

good job changing the subject when someone points out that you're obsessed with the yankees. The mets are playing great ball yet you still only post about the yankees. It's really sad.

I post much more about the Mets than I do the Yankees, it was simply out of NECESSITY that I started this thread. I don't believe I'm the only one who has grown tired of the whining from Yankee fans.

"Joe Torre can't manage a pitching staff, he should be fired!"

He also won FOUR world titles. Complaining about Torre should be blasphemy among Yankee fans, but this is not the case.

"We've used 10 different pitchers. Wah!"

The Mets went into last postseason with 41-year old Tom Glavine, the putrid Steve Trachsel, and, at the time, nobodies John Maine and Oliver Perez as the starting rotation, and at least made it interesting, going to the 7th game of the NLCS. And you didn't hear a bit of complaining from Mets fans at that time. That excuse is TIRED.

We've had to deal with this kind of complaining for weeks now. I just wanted to give you Yankee fans a thread to vent in so we didn't have to hear it elsewhere.

It's only May.

Not an excuse, a plain fact. You're kidding yourself if you don't think this team will make the playoffs again.

Why?

The Yankees' pitching is a mess. First, let's ease up on the injury take. Your starting rotation (Moose, Petite, Igawa, Wang and Pavano) have made 20 starts out of your 27 games. Second, while Mariano will be fine, Myers is on pace to set career highs in appearances and have more innings pitched this year then the past two. Farnsworth has been JAG since coming over from the NL.

Outside of A-Rod, the Yankees are a with nothing special going on. Jeter is challenging Ichiro for the most singles in a season and Giamb-ROID and Posada are hitting way better then they normally do.

This 200 million joke can hit, but there is nothing in the other areas that suggest they are under achieving all that much. This is a poorly built team that just crossed the threshold from experienced to old.

Why?

The Yankees' pitching is a mess. First, let's ease up on the injury take. Your starting rotation (Moose, Petite, Igawa, Wang and Pavano) have made 20 starts out of your 27 games. Second, while Mariano will be fine, Myers is on pace to set career highs in appearances and have more innings pitched this year then the past two. Farnsworth has been JAG since coming over from the NL.

Outside of A-Rod, the Yankees are a with nothing special going on. Jeter is challenging Ichiro for the most singles in a season and Giamb-ROID and Posada are hitting way better then they normally do.

This 200 million joke can hit, but there is nothing in the other areas that suggest they are under achieving all that much. This is a poorly built team that just crossed the threshold from experienced to old.

All I hear is wahh wahh wahh wahh :baby:

This guy cares more about the Yankees losing than the Mets winning. Just ignore it. Unfortunately he gives good Mets fans like LL a bad name with his extremely strange infacuation with the Yankees.

ANd I dont see too many Yankee fans making excuses, its more Mets fans wanting us to make excuses so they can make threads whining about others whining. What else is new I guess.

Aha-hahhahahaahaha.

good thing you turned off the rep feature.

If JBF had the balls to allow rep he'd have more red than (insert joke here.)

like that would ever happen... he would come up with some lame excuse...

The truth is that he is a ______...

Did you know that the pitching in the Yankees farm is 638.8?

It's true.

I think Red suck and Mess fans would be more happy with the yanks losing than their teams winning.

Agreed. Mets and Red Sox fans are so used to their teams chugging balls and having to root for whoever plays against the Yankees once July comes that now that they have good teams they don't know how to handle the success.

Agreed. Mets and Red Sox fans are so used to their teams chugging balls and having to root for whoever plays against the Yankees once July comes that now that they have good teams they don't know how to handle the success.
Agreed about Mets fans but Boston is usually in first place this time of the year and Boston fans always think they will hold on to it... and they never do.

Archived