The official Yankee fan excuse thread

Jetsfan80

* Every team saves their best effort for the Yankees. I mean, look at the Rockies (who lost 6 straight after sweeping the Yanks).
I think this is fiction thatw e as fans think might be true, but almsot certainly isn't. . This is major league baseball. I'm sure that most of these guys,even the schmucks among them, try hard every night. May be for the first 5 minutes this kind of stuff matters. But once you're in the batter's box or fielding your position, the interlocking NY doesn't mean much more than a game against the Devil Rays.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Calling someone a tool, and doing what rabbit man does are 2 very different things. I find it hilarious he gets banned and the rabbit man keeps posting garbage for the sole purpose of starting flame wars. I think many of you are tools. I guess that's grounds for a ban . Pretty lame if you ask me. I hope most of you are grown men, and can handle a comment like that. Then again, I may be wrong.

starting wild and crazy threads is message board gold..

as long as he doesnt berate someone or talk about Election night 2008 the mods are cool :P

• 4 weeks later...
We really need to update the thread.

Here is my latest offering:

"I know the Yankees have no shot at the division despite the $220 million payroll and the wildcard is a longshot at best, but the Yanks have shown tremendous grit in just getting back to +.500"

Here's mine:

They didn't get Mike Maroth.

:rl:

..but JBF starts threads to simply get people to fight. I guess since you're a mod and a Blosux fan, that's how it goes.

Starting a thread to piss off Skankee fans isn't against our policy. Calling someone a dickhead is. Pretty simple.

Believe me, I'm not a big fan of JBF, no matter what team he roots for. Most of the time spent on this board is cleaning up what you Yankee fans call him.

• 1 month later...
The rules are simple. Post your excuses for the $200 million disaster, currently in last place, whether a Yankee fan or not. I'll start:

1) It's only May!

2) Brian Cashman / Joe Torre blows. They should have been fired years ago.

3) No one has ever dealt with injuries like this before. Just need to get healthy.

Okay, it's September 27 now and let's see your excuses for the Mutts choking away their division:

1. Willie Randolph - no real validity to this since it's not his fault his players can't hit in the clutch and the bull pen stinks. He'll get most of the blame anyway. Have fun firing a decent manager once again and replacing him with a bum just like you losers did with canning Bobby Valentine in favor of Artie Howe.

2. Bullpen - this one I agree with. Billy Wagner stinks. He is the new Armando Benitez. He'll get you that key save against the Nationals in May but forget about him in any big spot. Have fun trying to win in the playoffs with this disaster closing your games.

3. Lack of clutch hitting. I have three words: David Wright MVP!

Ok that was really two words and an acronym but you get the gist, or should I say giz?

YANKPHU016010~New-York-Yankees-2000-World-Series-Celebration-Posters.jpg

You know what's funny Barton is that since the Mets inception the Yanks have won 6 WS to their 2 and you MAYBE saw 2 of the Yankees titles but act like you've been around for all 26. That's your biggest problem in that you think the Yanks are owed a uncontested WS ring every year because of the few innings you saw in your PJ's back during the 96-2000 run. That same attitude carries over to your Jets posts as well.

Some Yank fans chest thump louder here than any fanbase this side of the Patriots so suck it up if you can't handle a little retaliation.

36-38.....put that in your SIG.

Playoffs - We are in! Put that in your sig.

Archived