The official Yankee fan excuse thread

Jetsfan80

Agreed about Mets fans but Boston is usually in first place this time of the year and Boston fans always think they will hold on to it... and they never do.

Let's see if the Yankkes are comfortable with the team that they have, or will they throw money at the problem?

I bet they throw money at it.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can't wait to be absolutely ruthless when the Yanks go on a charge

and they will go on a tear.. guaranteed, ,remember, tick 2007 has Yanks playing for a playoff spot and/or AL E title on last day of season ;)

The rules are simple. Post your excuses for the $200 million disaster, currently in last place, whether a Yankee fan or not. I'll start:

1) It's only May!

2) Brian Cashman / Joe Torre blows. They should have been fired years ago.

3) No one has ever dealt with injuries like this before. Just need to get healthy.

This thread looks awful familiar

http://www.jetnation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2000&highlight=official+excuse+thread

http://www.jetnation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3616&highlight=offical+excuse+thread

Now I know why. It was Yankee fan who thought of it.

I guess imitiation is the sincerest form of flattery but in all seriouness this is why Muts fans and the Muts are constantly mocked and tormented

You have no original thoughts...

Come back and talk to us when you come up with something original.

Throw money? Are they gonna make a big FA signing?

As long as Clemens is still out there then yeah.

You see though this is the way it goes.

If he goes to the Red Sox or Mets then its good. They can throw 15-20 million at him and it would be fine.

If he goes to the Yankees then its "The Yankees are ruining baseball" blah blah blah.

If anyone tells you different then they are lying.

Sox fans would love to have Beckett, Schilling, Sliced and Diced K, and Clemens in their rotation.

Muts fans would love to have Clemens in their while they wait for Pedro to come back. They would love for Clemens to come in and work with their young pitchers.

But if the Yankees get him ? Well that isn't right.

As long as Clemens is still out there then yeah.

You see though this is the way it goes.

If he goes to the Red Sox or Mets then its good. They can throw 15-20 million at him and it would be fine.

If he goes to the Yankees then its "The Yankees are ruining baseball" blah blah blah.

If anyone tells you different then they are lying.

Sox fans would love to have Beckett, Schilling, Sliced and Diced K, and Clemens in their rotation.

Muts fans would love to have Clemens in their while they wait for Pedro to come back. They would love for Clemens to come in and work with their young pitchers.

But if the Yankees get him ? Well that isn't right.

Honestly, I would not want him. Hired mercenaries are wrong for the sport and this charade of "will he", "won't he" is a sham.

Call it a career already.

This thread looks awful familiar

http://www.jetnation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2000&highlight=official+excuse+thread

http://www.jetnation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3616&highlight=offical+excuse+thread

Now I know why. It was Yankee fan who thought of it.

I guess imitiation is the sincerest form of flattery but in all seriouness this is why Muts fans and the Muts are constantly mocked and tormented

You have no original thoughts...

Come back and talk to us when you come up with something original.

Hate to burst your bubble, but this is the first time I have seen either of those threads you posted. After all, they are TWO YEARS OLD.

Hate to burst your bubble, but this is the first time I have seen either of those threads you posted. After all, they are TWO YEARS OLD.

You just might want to recall that last statement.

Check out the second thread. Seems like you have a post in there.

You just might want to recall that last statement.

Check out the second thread. Seems like you have a post in there.

I stand corrected. But I refuse to renege on the statement that I have no memory of a post I made 2 years previously. Perhaps it subconsciously contributed to the creation of this thread?

Either way, I believe there have been excuse threads for Herm apologists in the past, so neither of us were "original". To go back 2 years in the past to try to make that point is a little extreme.

Yankees and Yankee fans need no excuses. The Yankees will be just fine.

The rules are simple. Post your excuses for the $200 million disaster, currently in last place, whether a Yankee fan or not. I'll start:

1) It's only May!

2) Brian Cashman / Joe Torre blows. They should have been fired years ago.

3) No one has ever dealt with injuries like this before. Just need to get healthy.

No, no, no! "It's only May the Yankees will be fine" is apparently an excuse. Didn't you know that?

Whaddya know. The Yankees are already in 2nd place.

This is why I LMAO at all "Yankees R Done, Doom and Gloom, JF80/Scott Dierking/SJ and the rest of the MuttSox coalition telling us all how the Yankees are done.

God you guys made me laugh a lot in April

This is why I LMAO at all "Yankees R Done, Doom and Gloom, JF80/Scott Dierking/SJ and the rest of the MuttSox coalition telling us all how the Yankees are done.

I would like you to find one quote where I said the Yankees are done. Same would be true with SJ and Scott Dierking. None of us said the Yankees are done, simply that they have a whole lot of problems.

By the way MasonJet, UNCW baseball just passed Mason baseball in the standings and I will be looking forward to sweeping you guys when you visit Wilmington 2 weeks from now. :lol:

I would like you to find one quote where I said the Yankees are done. Same would be true with SJ and Scott Dierking. None of us said the Yankees are done, simply that they have a whole lot of problems.

By the way MasonJet, UNCW baseball just passed Mason baseball in the standings and I will be looking forward to sweeping you guys when you visit Wilmington 2 weeks from now. :lol:

I wasn't trying to find direct quotes just giving the jist of what you guys were saying. All I said was that I ain't worried it's only April.

I'm sure the GMU Patriots will f*cking own UNCW in baseball lol. I honestly have no idea how good the team is haha

I'm sure the GMU Patriots will f*cking own UNCW in baseball lol. I honestly have no idea how good the team is haha

You're currently 26-22 in baseball, 14-11 in conference play (5th in the CAA standings), with quality wins over # 2 Clemson and Navy and bad losses to Mount St. Mary's and the Potomac Nationals. Not bad for a team that didn't make the CAA Tourney last year; you should make it this season.

You're currently 26-22 in baseball, 14-11 in conference play (5th in the CAA standings), with quality wins over # 2 Clemson and Navy and bad losses to Mount St. Mary's and the Potomac Nationals. Not bad for a team that didn't make the CAA Tourney last year; you should make it this season.

Thanks for the update. It's pretty cool that we beat Clemson and I hope they do well in the tourney if they make it.

Thanks for the update. It's pretty cool that we beat Clemson and I hope they do well in the tourney if they make it.

As long as you don't get swept by us, you're in. In fact, you're probably in regardless; the teams chasing you for a tournament spot are 3.5 games back.

As long as you don't get swept by us, you're in. In fact, you're probably in regardless; the teams chasing you for a tournament spot are 3.5 games back.

That's good to know. Looks like I'll be back home by the time our series starts.

Let's see if the Yankkes are comfortable with the team that they have, or will they throw money at the problem?

I bet they throw money at it.

POTW on this one scottie,,

you were spot on, faster than anyone realized

Sorry to bother ya, but I don't think any of those posters said that the Yankees we re "done".

In fact, SJ said just the opposite.

Sorry to bother ya, but I don't think any of those posters said that the Yankees we re "done".

In fact, SJ said just the opposite.

yup, I guess his Junior High doesnt have a good reading program.

tick, tick, tick 2007, read it and leave me alone ;)

Whaddya know. They have one more win than the last place team.

Reach for the stars, but keep your feet on the ground.

Whaddya know. They have one more win than the last place team.

Reach for the stars, but keep your feet on the ground.

Thank you for making my point. Talking about the Yankees being in last place in April is about as important as a Royals-Devil Rays game in September.

yup, I guess his Junior High doesnt have a good reading program.

tick, tick, tick 2007, read it and leave me alone ;)

Creative, age jokes.

Apparently you have to be born in prehistoric times to have a valid opinion about baseball.

Thank you for making my point. Talking about the Yankees being in last place in April is about as important as a Royals-Devil Rays game in September.

Actually, when the reason the Yankees are in last place in April is because their pitching staff has been hurting, forcing them to overuse their bullpen, which will, in turn, cause their bullpen to be burnt out in September and the blowing of late leads by a burnt out bullpen....its a little more important that a Royals-Devil Rays game. Not saying the Yankees wont make the playoffs, Im just saying that in September, and even in the playoffs, when that bullpen has no one to rely on in the 7th and 8th innings, you'll be cursing up a storm blaming them, and it wont be their fault.

Actually, when the reason the Yankees are in last place in April is because their pitching staff has been hurting, forcing them to overuse their bullpen, which will, in turn, cause their bullpen to be burnt out in September and the blowing of late leads by a burnt out bullpen....its a little more important that a Royals-Devil Rays game. Not saying the Yankees wont make the playoffs, Im just saying that in September, and even in the playoffs, when that bullpen has no one to rely on in the 7th and 8th innings, you'll be cursing up a storm blaming them, and it wont be their fault.

Actually considering the Yankees starting pitching has been much much better recently, and will continue to improve with the addition of Clemens, the bullpen should be getting a reduced amount of work. As long as the pitching stays very good which it certainly will, the bullpen of April will be a distant memory.

Creative, age jokes.

Apparently you have to be born in prehistoric times to have a valid opinion about baseball.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

POTW Nomination.

At least we arn't forgetting things yet, therefore we must be starting to gain more knowledge.;-)

Creative, age jokes.

perhaps you should actually read posts and stop saying I made comments I didnt.

When you do that you may move into a more favorable poster category.

Hows that Ranger prediction ;) I didnt see your response. Or do you only respond when you are right?

I said tick, yanks do good, assmop said tock , yanks flop,,

get it right

Actually considering the Yankees starting pitching has been much much better recently, and will continue to improve with the addition of Clemens, the bullpen should be getting a reduced amount of work. As long as the pitching stays very good which it certainly will, the bullpen of April will be a distant memory.

5 decent, 2 of which were very good(and one of those, that pitcher is gone for 6-8 now) out of 6 starts this month doesnt mean your pitching staff is fine now any more than being in last place in april meant the yankees were already done. Youre previously mentioned Royals have strung together 5 out of 6 decent starts before, and that didn't mean their staff was good. If 2 weeks from now the Yankees are consistently getting to and through the 7th inning with their starters, then you're right, the ship will have been righted and the staff in decent condition(as long as they stay healthy ofcourse...but that rings true for every team). Until then, they have to prove that the past couple of starts weren't a lucky streak of starts.

perhaps you should actually read posts and stop saying I made comments I didnt.

When you do that you may move into a more favorable poster category.

Hows that Ranger prediction ;) I didnt see your response. Or do you only respond when you are right?

I said tick, yanks do good, assmop said tock , yanks flop,,

get it right

If you read the post I made in response to JF80 you would realize that I wasn't trying to directly quote anybody and was just making a generalization. Maybe you should read a little better.

If you read the post I made in response to JF80 you would realize that I wasn't trying to directly quote anybody and was just making a generalization. Maybe you should read a little better.

nice try

thats exactly what you said and I predicted yanks to do quite well this year,, you can make all generalizations you want, but as far as Yanks are done, dont throw me in there, cause I have said exact opposite,,

quit spinning when you get caught , it shows more maturity

I still like ya though;)

Archived