The official Yankee fan excuse thread

Jetsfan80

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 decent, 2 of which were very good(and one of those, that pitcher is gone for 6-8 now) out of 6 starts this month doesnt mean your pitching staff is fine now any more than being in last place in april meant the yankees were already done. Youre previously mentioned Royals have strung together 5 out of 6 decent starts before, and that didn't mean their staff was good. If 2 weeks from now the Yankees are consistently getting to and through the 7th inning with their starters, then you're right, the ship will have been righted and the staff in decent condition(as long as they stay healthy ofcourse...but that rings true for every team). Until then, they have to prove that the past couple of starts weren't a lucky streak of starts.

There are teams whose starters routinely go through 7? This isn't the 1950s.

• 1 month later...
You do realize how incredibly weak and boring your posting is......right?

Uh huh...its so weak and boring that you decided to LITERALLY rip off his name in honor of his right-on-target 100% of the time insight and honesty!!!

The Real 80 posts circles around the Yankee Fan Circle Jerk Crew, always has, always will!

Imitation is the sincerest form of flatery, but being obsessed with the dude is a whole 'nother thing.

Uh huh...its so weak and boring that you decided to LITERALLY rip off his name in honor of his right-on-target 100% of the time insight and honesty!!!

The Real 80 posts circles around the Yankee Fan Circle Jerk Crew, always has, always will!

Imitation is the sincerest form of flatery, but being obsessed with the dude is a whole 'nother thing.

haha -- TheReal80 is the man.

Back on topic though, if the Yankees don't get their a$$es in gear soon it will be a LONG summer. No excuses though. Making the postseason is something we have come to take for granted. But it isn't a guarantee.

I am afraid to look but remain hopeful for the wildcard!

It's funny that in 01-05 when the mets were AWFUL there were no yankee fans making met fan excuse threads.

It would have been tough in 01'-04 since JN didn't exist. :fighting0050: Could it be also that perhaps Yankee fans aren't as creative as Mets fans? Just askin. :biggrin:

It's funny that in 01-05 when the mets were AWFUL there were no yankee fans making met fan excuse threads.

Mets fans arent used to winning consistently, its still a new concept to them. Just as losing is to some of us younger yankees fans.

The Mets havent actually won anything yet, though. They act like their team is the defending champions. Its kind of cute, in a mentally disabled sort of way.

No, youre right.

But from 01-05, here is what we did see from Yankee fans:

-they were pontificating about their team, ballwashing the likes of Rogah, Wells, Sheffroid*, and Randy Johnson...all of whom I HATE, Yankee Hater nation hates, and ALL Yankee fans hate deep down!

-We had to listen to Yankee fans talking about how much the rest of the baseball world were beneath them!

-We had to watch fat george and Boy Brian do whatever they can to ruin baseball economically, AND ACTUALLY FAIL ONLY BECAUSE THEY DROPPED THE BALL ON SIGNING SOOOO MANY HIGHLY TOUTED VETERANS THAT CANNOT PLAY WELL UNDER ANY TYPE OF PRESSURE!

-We have had to watch Johnny Damon and Jason Giambi* cut their mullets and shave their horrid facial hair.

-Lastly, we have had to put up with Yankee fans making excuse after excuse for the fact that the Yankees have fallen short every year for the past 6 years.

I hope this explains the excuse thread.

No, youre right.

But from 01-05, here is what we did see from Yankee fans:

-they were pontificating about their team, ballwashing the likes of Rogah, Wells, Sheffroid*, and Randy Johnson...all of whom I HATE, Yankee Hater nation hates, and ALL Yankee fans hate deep down!

-We had to listen to Yankee fans talking about how much the rest of the baseball world were beneath them!

-We had to watch fat george and Boy Brian do whatever they can to ruin baseball economically, AND ACTUALLY FAIL ONLY BECAUSE THEY DROPPED THE BALL ON SIGNING SOOOO MANY HIGHLY TOUTED VETERANS THAT CANNOT PLAY WELL UNDER ANY TYPE OF PRESSURE!

-We have had to watch Johnny Damon and Jason Giambi* cut their mullets and shave their horrid facial hair.

-Lastly, we have had to put up with Yankee fans making excuse after excuse for the fact that the Yankees have fallen short every year for the past 6 years.

I hope this explains the excuse thread.

Shouldn't you be planning your next episode of running away crying pretending (lying) that a mod threatened to ban you?

Pretty sure that one is gonna leave a mark. haha.

Why? You gonna privately ban me again for saying that the Yankees suck, then because of massive public outcry, relinquinsh the ban and blame the whole thing on me acting like a baby?

Like I would have missed it otherwise if I werent banned? Every single night of that 3 week stretch...the Red Sox won nightly and the Yankees seemingly lost!!!

Why? You gonna privately ban me again for saying that the Yankees suck, then because of massive public outcry, relinquinsh the ban and blame the whole thing on me acting like a baby?

Like I would have missed it otherwise if I werent banned? Every single night of that 3 week stretch...the Red Sox won nightly and the Yankees seemingly lost!!!

I privately banned you? And then I undid the ban? Gotcha. LOL, you get an A for creativity.

Mods -- please check the Admin logs. If it shows that this guy was banned at all, at any point in time, post it here. I would love to see it. Apparently I forgot about the "private ban" option.

LOL unreal man. Just unreal.

..pfft! Private Banning! Nonsense! Max has been privately banning Smizzy for years now......oh, wait....BANNING. Ooops, sorry.

Seriously though - do you suffer from extreme paranoia, JBF? Bi-Polar disorder? How does one get a "private" banning? And, if it was so private, were you really banned at all?

..pfft! Private Banning! Nonsense! Max has been privately banning Smizzy for years now......oh, wait....BANNING. Ooops, sorry.

Don't forget about the "massive" public outcry. I love the whole internet ego thing. Really do. Gotta run, I am helping hang the Free Jet\Bosox banners in the cafeteria.

Oh that one hurts alright. It hurts worse than a losing a tied road game in the 9th inning (walkoff walk style) in a game where Mo Rivera is getting rest!

Excellent. At least we agree you lied about being banned and we are back on the topic that we both agree on. The Yankees are playing terrible baseball right now.

Mets fans arent used to winning consistently, its still a new concept to them. Just as losing is to some of us younger yankees fans.

The Mets havent actually won anything yet, though. They act like their team is the defending champions. Its kind of cute, in a mentally disabled sort of way.

You know what's funny Barton is that since the Mets inception the Yanks have won 6 WS to their 2 and you MAYBE saw 2 of the Yankees titles but act like you've been around for all 26. That's your biggest problem in that you think the Yanks are owed a uncontested WS ring every year because of the few innings you saw in your PJ's back during the 96-2000 run. That same attitude carries over to your Jets posts as well.

Some Yank fans chest thump louder here than any fanbase this side of the Patriots so suck it up if you can't handle a little retaliation.

36-38.....put that in your SIG.

You know what's funny Barton is that since the Mets inception the Yanks have won 6 WS to their 2 and you MAYBE saw 2 of the Yankees titles but act like you've been around for all 26. That's your biggest problem in that you think the Yanks are owed a uncontested WS ring every year because of the few innings you saw in your PJ's back during the 96-2000 run. That same attitude carries over to your Jets posts as well.

Some Yank fans chest thump louder here than any fanbase this side of the Patriots so suck it up if you can't handle a little retaliation.

36-38.....put that in tour SIG.

The yankees haven't lost 90+ games with a 100 million dollar payroll. The mets have. The Yankees have made the playoffs 12 friggin years in a row they are allowed one down year if thats what this is. The Mets have only made the playoffs 7 times in FRANCHISE HISTORY.

36-38.....put that in your SIG.

Not my fault the Mets are 2nd rate.

I have no problem if the yankees have a poor season, if they're a poor team. But that is not the case here, they are simply underperforming.

And the Jets suck. Just telling it like it is, they have no shot at the superbowl this year.

And the Yankees do suck this year....so where am I or other yankees fans making excuses? From the mouths of sox and mets fans? Pathetic.

The yankees haven't lost 90+ games with a 100 million dollar payroll. The mets have. The Yankees have made the playoffs 12 friggin years in a row they are allowed one down year if thats what this is. The Mets have only made the playoffs 7 times in FRANCHISE HISTORY.

OUCH!

http://www.history.com/

For those concerned with the here and now

103 to 98 YOU LOST TO AN 82 WIN TEAM. THOSE WINS ARE DOWN THE TOILET.

42 to 36

;-) ;-)

hahahaha

Still more than you,,and still a great day in tick, tick, tick fame..

calm down,, its OK to not win as many games as your cross town team..

because , in the end, thats what happened. You didnt win as many games ;)

hahahaha

Still more than you,,and still a great day in tick, tick, tick fame..

calm down,, its OK to not win as many games as your cross town team..

because , in the end, thats what happened. You didnt win as many games ;)

I could care less about the number of wins. What I care about is your disturbing Yankee obsession. Worry about your own friggin team. Your constant starting of yankee threads is PATHETIC.

I could care less about the number of wins. What I care about is your disturbing Yankee obsession. Worry about your own friggin team. Your constant starting of yankee threads is PATHETIC.

warning,, anger alert,,

103 to 98,,

tick tick tick,,

I know it hiurts,, its not a aobsession,, it was a prediction that happened..

its called reality,, not obsession

hahhahahaha

warning,, anger alert,,

103 to 98,,

tick tick tick,,

I know it hiurts,, its not a aobsession,, it was a prediction that happened..

its called reality,, not obsession

hahhahahaha

When a met fan talks about the yankees 90% of the time like you do they become a joke.

Archived