CLEMENS IS A YANKEE (Merged 2X)

AFJF

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He'll have something negative to say about this move, no doubt. "he's old, washed up, blah blah blah." But if he went back to the Sawx, he would be happy.

don't forget the five year old "fat Roger" line that must have taken weeks to come up with

I didn't want this to have to happen and i don't like the way it was handeld...
:rl: :rl:

Uh oh....the Yankee FO better look out....heads are going to roll

Clemens still has a little bit left in the tank, but if you guys think a 40 something pitcher is going to end all your pitching woes then you all are sadly mistaken. It's gonna take more than the Rocket to get your pitching back on track.

Clemens still has a little bit left in the tank, but if you guys think a 40 something pitcher is going to end all your pitching woes then you all are sadly mistaken. It's gonna take more than the Rocket to get your pitching back on track.

It's a huge step in the right direction. For me personally that's why I'm happy.

Clemens>Rogers.

I cant wait until Clemens comes to Fenway.

Red Sox fans wanted to great him with open arms until this happened.

What is the price tag for Mr. Money?

Exactly....

It price tag would not have made a difference if Clemens went to the Sox or the Muts.

Now that he is a Yankee. WAHHHHHAHAHAHAHAA !!!!

Sorry Gainzo I like you but that is lame.

The Rocket is back baby! When healthy, our rotation come June is going to be set.

Wang

Pettitte

Clemens

Mussina

Igawa

Rasner played very well today and Hughes looked good in his second start but Clemens is such a huge, huge, HUGE upgrade and a welcomed addition.

I cant wait until Clemens comes to Fenway.

Red Sox fans wanted to great him with open arms until this happened.

What is the price tag for Mr. Money?

He couldn't have cost much more than Dice-K...and I'm expecting better than a #4 starter type of ERA out of Clemens...here's to hoping he doesn't disappoint.

18 million dollars for a no 4 starter.

So that was a smart thing to do when it was Randy Johnson but now it's stupid because it's Clemens? Please explain.

So that was a smart thing to do when it was Randy Johnson but now it's stupid because it's Clemens? Please explain.

Randy Johnson became the bonafide ace for the Yankees when he was signed; he was not signed to be a "# 4 starter" by any means.

I also doubt that Clemens will be anything less than the # 3 starter immediately.

The real smart move would've been trading Johnson for some REAL prospects like maybe Micah Owings who will probably have better numbers than clemens will this season. That would've made this move unnecessary.

The real smart move would've been trading Johnson for some REAL prospects like maybe Micah Owings who will probably have better numbers than clemens will this season. That would've made this move unnecessary.

That was not my question. You said on several occassions that the Yankees would have been better off keeping RJ around at 17 mil per season despite an ERA over 5.00 but Clemens for a similar price is a bad move after posting a 2.02 ERA over his past two seasons. Please explain why keeping RJ at that price would have been smart, but signing Clemens at that price is not. Please stay on topic.

That was not my question. You said on several occassions that the Yankees would have been better off keeping RJ around at 17 mil per season despite an ERA over 5.00 but Clemens for a similar price is a bad move after posting a 2.02 ERA over his past two seasons. Please explain why keeping RJ at that price would have been smart, but signing Clemens at that price is not. Please stay on topic.
Nice job twisting my words as usual. What I said was that the yankees would've been BETTER OFF keeping him than trading him for the god awful package they got for him. Would i GIVE randy a 16 million dollar contract today? NO WAY. And i never said i would.

Here's a quote right out of today's post.

The Yankees could have taken a lesser overall package from Arizona and obtained Micah Owings, who has a 3.38 ERA in four starts for Arizona. Instead, they took Ohlendorf, who has been so abysmal at Triple-A that DeSalvo, Phil Hughes, Chase Wright, Darrell Rasner and Jeff Karstens have all gotten opportunity instead of him

Randy Johnson became the bonafide ace for the Yankees when he was signed; he was not signed to be a "# 4 starter" by any means.

I also doubt that Clemens will be anything less than the # 3 starter immediately.

So because MadMike says Clemens is a #4 starter then that's what you think will be expected of him? You honestly believe that the Yankees or any team in baseball would pay a guy what Clemens is making with the expectation that he will be the #4? I don't care who he pitches before or after in the rotation..he's being brought in to pitch like an ace or a #2 at the very least. MadMike does not determine the Yankees' depth chart despite what he tells you.

Nice job twisting my words as usual. What I said was that the yankees would've been BETTER OFF keeping him than trading him for the god awful package they got for him.

Here's a quote right out of today's post.

Nice backpedal.

By they way, you see how unlucky Randy Johnson has been this year in the heavy hitting NL. Man oh man the Yankees should have kept him around to soak of 17 mil in salary. That would have been so worth it. But since another team wanted him and he had "indicators" that said he wasn't that bad last year it would have been smart to keep him around.

Unlike the vast majority of the posters on this board you did not see the "addition by subtraction" logic that is being proven today. RJ is garbage and would be getting shelled over here for 17 mil. I'd rather have a bunch of guys in AAA struggling and not hurting the MLB club. Not you, you'd rather have a washed up overpaid vet holding the team back. Some fan.

Nice backpedal.

By they way, you see how unlucky Randy Johnson has been this year in the heavy hitting NL. Man oh man the Yankees should have kept him around to soak of 17 mil in salary. That would have been so worth it. But since another team wanted him and he had "indicators" that said he wasn't that bad last year it would have been smart to keep him around.

I'm not backpedaling at all. It's very clear that the yankees had a chance to trade randy for a good young pitcher and they blew it. PERIOD. And because they blew it they had to spend 18 million on a 45 year old.

I'm not backpedaling at all. It's very clear that the yankees had a chance to trade randy for a good young pitcher and they blew it. PERIOD. And because they didn't they had to spend 18 million on a 45 year old.

Wake up. Randy Johnson is not a guy that any team would give up good prospects for. Cashman probably **** himself when he realized that the Arizona FO wasn't playing a ruthless prank on him when they said they were interested in the washed up, overpaid, POS that you so badly wanted the Yankees to hold on to.

Wake up. Randy Johnson is not a guy that any team would give up good prospects for. Cashman probably **** himself when he realized that the Arizona FO wasn't playing a ruthless prank on him when they said they were interested in the washed up, overpaid, POS that you so badly wanted the Yankees to hold on to.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/05062007/sports/yankees/mound_dogged_yankees_joel_sherman.htm?page=3

The Yankees could have taken a lesser overall package from Arizona and obtained Micah Owings, who has a 3.38 ERA in four starts for Arizona. Instead, they took Ohlendorf, who has been so abysmal at Triple-A that DeSalvo, Phil Hughes, Chase Wright, Darrell Rasner and Jeff Karstens have all gotten opportunity instead of him
lies.

right...and the newspaper never prints anything that's based on speculation. I get it Mike. The Yankees traded away your hero and as a result you feel jaded. He should have been kept around to post a 7-plus ERA this season at 17 mil so you could talk about his "indicators" and "bad luck" and it angers you to no end that so many of us saw the logic in this move and are being proven right while you waste your life reading baseball america non-stop only to be proven wrong time and again by a bunch of "old timers"....I'm done with you (again)...I've shown you that you were wrong (again) but you'll continue to pout instead of acknowleding the fact that getting rid of RJ for anything at all was a great move. Kudos to Cashman..welcome back to to Bronx Rocket...go read baseball america Mike.

right...and the newspaper never prints anything that's based on speculation. I get it Mike. The Yankees traded away your hero and as a result you feel jaded. He should have been kept around to post a 7-plus ERA this season at 17 mil so you could talk about his "indicators" and "bad luck" and it angers you to no end that so many of us saw the logic in this move and are being proven right while you waste your life reading baseball america non-stop only to be proven wrong time and again by a bunch of "old timers"....I'm done with you (again)...I've shown you that you were wrong (again) but you'll continue to pout instead of acknowleding the fact that getting rid of RJ for anything at all was a great move. Kudos to Cashman..welcome back to to Bronx Rocket...go read baseball america Mike.
Your only argument against mine is that the newspaper is lying. Do you realize how stupid you sound?

This is what i have ALWAYS SAID:

Trading Randy for a valuable player > Keeping him > Trading him for crap

Archived