Travis Branzell - Long Snapper-

Lil Bit Special

http://news.rgj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070505/SPORTS06/705050338/1018/SPORTS

Travis Branzell just wants to quietly fly out to New York, work out for the Jets with little or no fanfare and then sign a contract so he can begin an NFL career that he hopes goes almost completely unnoticed.

Such is the life of the long-snapper.

"The only time you get noticed is when you throw the ball over the punter's head or bounce it back to him or let a guy go through and he blocks a punt," the former Nevada tight end and long-snapper said Friday. "It's better to go unnoticed. I don't want to be famous."

The opportunity with the Jets -- he was invited to compete against incumbent long-snapper James Dearth as well as one other recent college player, Boise State's Mike Dominguez -- is far from guaranteed. Branzell has not yet been offered a contract, just a chance to show what he can do. At least he has no out-of-pocket expenses. The Jets are providing his transportation, lodging and meals.

"Between me and the Jets, we haven't really talked much," said the 6-foot-4, 240-pound Branzell, who played high school ball at Spring Creek. "They're telling me I'm going to compete with (Dominguez), and the better of the two will receive a contract. I don't know what to expect when I get there. I'm just going to go and do what I do."

This is how boring this preseason is, I have to post about a long snapper...

Watch out Dearth!

http://news.rgj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070505/SPORTS06/705050338/1018/SPORTS

Travis Branzell just wants to quietly fly out to New York, work out for the Jets with little or no fanfare and then sign a contract so he can begin an NFL career that he hopes goes almost completely unnoticed.

"The only time you get noticed is when you throw the ball over the punter's head or bounce it back to him or let a guy go through and he blocks a punt," the former Nevada tight end and long-snapper said Friday. "It's better to go unnoticed. I don't want to be famous."

The opportunity with the Jets -- he was invited to compete against incumbent long-snapper James Dearth as well as one other recent college player, Boise State's Mike Dominguez -- is far from guaranteed. Branzell has not yet been offered a contract, just a chance to show what he can do. At least he has no out-of-pocket expenses. The Jets are providing his transportation, lodging and meals.

"Between me and the Jets, we haven't really talked much," said the 6-foot-4, 240-pound Branzell, who played high school ball at Spring Creek. "They're telling me I'm going to compete with (Dominguez), and the better of the two will receive a contract. I don't know what to expect when I get there. I'm just going to go and do what I do."

Watch out Dearth!

Nice read , thanks LBS.

Watch out Dearth!

Good Find.

Archived