Who was the worst player or coach that ever played/worked as a Jet/titan?

BornJetsFan1983

Who said he was? I know I didnt. Kotite, Holtz, Coslet, and Walton were all probbaly worse. But if you want to go through the 70s-90s, be my guest. Walt Micheals built the team from scrartch in 1977 without the benfit of FA and had them in the playoffs in 1981 and 1 step from the SB in 1982. Walton, much like hermy, made the playoffs in 2 of hs first 4 years as HC. Coslet even had the team on the right track for a while after inhertiing a didaster after 1989.

As to our talent level, Herm inhertied a team that had a terriifc OL, a 1500 yard RB, two starting claibar QBs, Solid WRs, bookend DEs in Ellis and JA, experienced and Talneted LBs and a secondary with Aaron Glenn, green, Mickens and Coleman in it. In the era of parity and FA, that is easily enough to make a decent SB run with. herm's coaching is what held that team back. His lack of preparedness, his Club Ed mnetality, his championing of mediocrity, his game day follies, etc etc etc. A bteter HC has that team in at least one AFC title game over that time...end of story.

Lack of preparedness vs. 1st pick in the draft in consecutive seasons?

It's ..... Kotite in a landslide!

Lack of preparedness vs. 1st pick in the draft in consecutive seasons?

It's ..... Kotite in a landslide!

Let me try an make this clear one mre time...I am NOT saying Herm ws the worst coach we have veer had. That distinction belongs to Kotite. But Herm is on my top 10 worst FO personell..closer to 10 then 1, but on there for the reasons stated.

Who said he was? I know I didnt. Kotite, Holtz, Coslet, and Walton were all probbaly worse. But if you want to go through the 70s-90s, be my guest. Walt Micheals built the team from scrartch in 1977 without the benfit of FA and had them in the playoffs in 1981 and 1 step from the SB in 1982. Walton, much like hermy, made the playoffs in 2 of hs first 4 years as HC. Coslet even had the team on the right track for a while after inhertiing a didaster after 1989.

As to our talent level, Herm inhertied a team that had a terriifc OL, a 1500 yard RB, two starting claibar QBs, Solid WRs, bookend DEs in Ellis and JA, experienced and Talneted LBs and a secondary with Aaron Glenn, green, Mickens and Coleman in it. In the era of parity and FA, that is easily enough to make a decent SB run with. herm's coaching is what held that team back. His lack of preparedness, his Club Ed mnetality, his championing of mediocrity, his game day follies, etc etc etc. A bteter HC has that team in at least one AFC title game over that time...end of story.

Bingo... couldn't have said it better.

Archived