Big Papi defening Bonds..says steroids don't help

AFJF

I can't believe you wasted that much time just to bash Jason Giambi. Last time I check...Hank Aaron was a black guy. NOBODY gives a **** that bonds is black and is going to break the record....they give a **** he is a steroid user and is going to break the record.

I remember Jason Giambi admitting he juiced up....People...not just Yankee fans tend to forgive a guy who admits they were wrong. You don't need to look any further than Pete Rose to see the opposite side to that coin.

Do you honestly think that if Jason Giambi was the one in Barry's shoes people would be more likely to accept him as the HR king because he is white? He would be crucified the same was Barry is because they people don't like CHEATERS breaking legit records. That is the one issue here worth talking about.

He would be crucified more because Giaambi wouldn't have something irrelevant to hide behind.

Ortiz is learning the fine art of "huh" from Manny apparently.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ortizsteroids&prov=st&type=lgns

Report: Ortiz not sure if he took steroids

May 8, 2007

BOSTON (TICKER) -- It appears Boston Red Sox slugger David Ortiz is not sure if he has taken steroids.

Ortiz told the Boston Herald that he could not say definitively if he had ever used performance-enhancing drugs in the past. The burly designated hitter also said that if he did, it happened when he was much younger.

"I tell you, I don't know too much about steroids, but I started listening about steroids when they started to bring that (expletive) up," Ortiz told the paper. "I started realizing and getting to know a little bit about it. You've got to be careful.

"I used to buy a protein shake in my country. I don't do that anymore because they don't have the approval for that here, so I know that, so I'm off buying things at the GNC back in the Dominican (Republic). But it can happen anytime, it can happen. I don't know. I don't know if I drank something in my youth, not knowing it."

However, Ortiz, who hit a club-record 54 home runs last season, made light of the situation, joking that he should try steroids just to see what all the fuss is about.

"I should use steroids just to see what's going on," Ortiz joked to the Herald. "Nah. I have a good family. I want to see my kids learn and develop. I think I'm having an OK career. So, I take a lot of Advils, but I think I'm going to stop taking them. They say it (expletive) your liver."

Ortiz spent six non-descript seasons in Minnesota before signing with the Red Sox before the 2003 season. He has quickly become a Boston icon and one of the most popular players in baseball.

In 2004, Ortiz anchored a Red Sox squad which won the franchise's first World Series in 86 years - highlighted by a shocking comeback against the rival New York Yankees in the American League Championship Series.

The Red Sox became the first team in baseball history to come back from a three-games-to-none deficit to win a

First, Papi should be commended for saying anything. Especially, when you have a teamate the led the roids charge and in front of Congress all of sudden shut-up. He opened himself to alot of scrutiny from a villifying public.

Second, Papi is saying what most players probably do and most of us suspect. Yes, they use something to maintain there fitness year round. Until MLB started to put the clamps on it, I bet most players would piss hot 3, 5 years ago if giving a test from today. I doubt many used anabolic like Canseco suggested, but they probably used something else that has been banned since.

First, Papi should be commended for saying anything. Especially, when you have a teamate the led the roids charge and in front of Congress all of sudden shut-up. He opened himself to alot of scrutiny from a villifying public.

Second, Papi is saying what most players probably do and most of us suspect. Yes, they use something to maintain there fitness year round. Until MLB started to put the clamps on it, I bet most players would piss hot 3, 5 years ago if giving a test from today. I doubt many used anabolic like Canseco suggested, but they probably used something else that has been banned since.

He is loving it...David Arias

Sosa = corked bat, emense roid use (look at his head, and the fact he lead the league in strikeouts on the white sox, then he gets shipped to the cubs hits the juice and is now a national figure?). that dude is a total joke. Everytime they ask him about his 'roid use' he suddenly forget how to speak english. i hate that pile of ch!t, he should never be allowed to touch a uniform, let alone get paid to wear one.

What do strike-outs have to do with home runs? Adam Dunn has led the majors in K's in each of the past three seasons. His home run totals? 46, 40, and 40. Ryan Howard hit 58 home runs last season. He also struck out 181 times.

There are plenty of things you can point to in regards to Sosa that equate to steroid usage. Leading the league in strike-outs isn't one of them.

Oh, and BTW, Sammy led the NL in K's in 1998 and 1999, whenever he hit a combined 129 home runs.

What do strike-outs have to do with home runs? Adam Dunn has led the majors in K's in each of the past three seasons. His home run totals? 46, 40, and 40. Ryan Howard hit 58 home runs last season. He also struck out 181 times.

There are plenty of things you can point to in regards to Sosa that equate to steroid usage. Leading the league in strike-outs isn't one of them.

Oh, and BTW, Sammy led the NL in K's in 1998 and 1999, whenever he hit a combined 129 home runs.

It wasn't just the strikeouts, i suppose i should have looked up his BA, and RBI's, both were just anemic. He was on his way out of the league before he put on 40 pounds of pure muscle, and plays in the short yard of Chicago. He's probably the single biggest joke of an athlete of the 90's.

You remember when that pitcher replaced Sosa's corked bat with one of his own bats, to try to keep sosa out of trouble? The reporter asked the pitcher "why didn't you replace it with one of Sosa's bats?"...."because all of sosa's bats were corked..."....

He's a cheating shlup, he should be banned from the game, above all other players, he is the biggest pile.

It wasn't just the strikeouts, i suppose i should have looked up his BA, and RBI's, both were just anemic. He was on his way out of the league before he put on 40 pounds of pure muscle, and plays in the short yard of Chicago. He's probably the single biggest joke of an athlete of the 90's.

You remember when that pitcher replaced Sosa's corked bat with one of his own bats, to try to keep sosa out of trouble? The reporter asked the pitcher "why didn't you replace it with one of Sosa's bats?"...."because all of sosa's bats were corked..."....

He's a cheating shlup, he should be banned from the game, above all other players, he is the biggest pile.

That was Albert Belle, not Sammy Sosa. Sammy had all his bats tested and none turned up with cork.

That was Albert Belle, not Sammy Sosa. Sammy had all his bats tested and none turned up with cork.

Didn't Sammy have the bat that busted open during the game with cork in it and he claimed hit was one he only used for BP?

Didn't Sammy have the bat that busted open during the game with cork in it and he claimed hit was one he only used for BP?

Yes. Afterwards, they sent all his bats to a lab and they were determined to be cork free.

Archived