a must watch coming to nfl network

FoxJet

May 24 at 8:00 PM ET

Miami Dolphins vs. New York Jets (ABC, 2000)

The Jets erased a 23-point deficit behind quarterback Vinny Testaverde, who threw four

touchdown passes to lead New York to a 40-37 overtime win.::GoJets:

When was that game? was that game televized?

HA! I remember i was eating my dinner at the commons on campus, and was just pissed in the middle of the second. i left for my dorm, and was still mooping around getting ripped on, so i left to watch the rest of the game by myself...then much screaming insued...sweeeeeeet game.

It was a great night, all right. Jason Taylor, crying on the sideline after taunting Jets fans while ABC had a mic on him, is a very fond memory.

The Yanks beat the Mets in the World Series that week, too.

Good times.

• Upvote 1

I have that game and every other game since 1990 on tape or DVD so I'd like to see them replay some 80s games.

Perhaps there is a way i could buy a couple of them before August as a B-day gift to the old man?

NFL network needs to reach into the archives if they can.

Don't just give us stuff that has happened recently, I would love to see them dig out something from the 70's or the 80's, even the early 90's.

Not to point out my age but i would not be as interested in those older games since i don't know the players. I started following football in 96, and i think a lot of people are the same way. Which sort of explains how they pick their games I think.

May 24 at 8:00 PM ET

Miami Dolphins vs. New York Jets (ABC, 2000)

The Jets erased a 23-point deficit behind quarterback Vinny Testaverde, who threw four

touchdown passes to lead New York to a 40-37 overtime win.::GoJets:

I'm gonna miss this broadcast, will be in Hawaii on the honeymoon!

Side note: The Monday night miracle was the first jets game the wife-to-be and I went to. We showed up near the end of the first due to midtown traffic and walked in while people were already walking out. I refused to leave, she wanted to stay anyway and the rest is, as they say, history.

I'm gonna miss this broadcast, will be in Hawaii on the honeymoon!

Side note: The Monday night miracle was the first jets game the wife-to-be and I went to. We showed up near the end of the first due to midtown traffic and walked in while people were already walking out. I refused to leave, she wanted to stay anyway and the rest is, as they say, history.

RaffyD congrats on the upcoming marriage-

Not to point out my age but i would not be as interested in those older games since i don't know the players. I started following football in 96, and i think a lot of people are the same way. Which sort of explains how they pick their games I think.

Your right.

I think you get a little bit of every generation on this board.

To me, a great game is a great game. Be it the Monday Night Miracle, or the 1971 Christmas Day double OT playoff game between the Chiefs and the Dolphins.

There is so much out there right now that NFL Network could run any great game during the off season. Just like they did with the Super Bowl games that they ran during Super Bowl week you could have some of the Monday Night games on Monday night during the off season.

NFL Network could be sitting on a gold mine, depending on what they have. They just need to figure out how to use it. If they do it like the did with those Super Bowl games they showed then we could be in for a real treat.

Oh man I remember this the midnight mirical on monday night. THis was an awesome performance, I remember watching and people were leaving and stop paying attention, but just like Im sure you all have done, Im sitting thier saying they got a chance, its not over, its not over. THat was an awesome game. Im tivoing this **** man

• Thumb Down 1

• 3 weeks later...

Some things I enjoyed while watching the replay:

1) I like seeing and recalling all of the players that played for us in 2000 and are now ex - Jets. Its amazing how much of a difference 7 years makes.

2) Listening to the announcers talk about how Curtis Martin still has a bright career in front of him.

3) Listening to the announcers talk about how Parcells' move from NE to NY has changed things around a lot. 'Now the Patriots are struggling and will likely be looking for a new head coach at the end of the season'... Nostalgia for the good ol' days.:P

Some things I enjoyed while watching the replay:

1) I like seeing and recalling all of the players that played for us in 2000 and are now ex - Jets. Its amazing how much of a difference 7 years makes.

2) Listening to the announcers talk about how Curtis Martin still has a bright career in front of him.

3) Listening to the announcers talk about how Parcells' move from NE to NY has changed things around a lot. 'Now the Patriots are struggling and will likely be looking for a new head coach at the end of the season'... Nostalgia for the good ol' days.:P

I didn't realize this game was going to be on, but I walk into the local bar and see the Jets playing the Dolphins down 30-7.........."yes, the Monday Night Miracle." For the next hour or so, I did not leave from in front of that television screen.

1) It was fun recalling some of the ex-Jets. Specificly Dedric Ward, Victor Green, Richie Anderson.

2) I was impressed, at how mobile Vinny use to be. I guess after watching him finish up his career I had forgotten how elusive he actually use to be.

3) Curtis Martin is God.

never get tired of that game. a few things I noticed:

Victor Green was pretty much done when released. At 1st I thought he got a bum rap but watching that game again, he had lost 2 steps already

Coles as a rook had a long way to go, and he has..

Richie Anderson had maybe the best hands out of the backfield that year that I can remember

Marvin Jones at one time was a pure monster

Wayne was and always will be the man

just a few observations I had being removed from the situation for a few years ( has it been 7 tears already...DAMN)

I watched bits & pieces of it with the Cavs / Pistons game on but when I did watch it it was really cool to see older guys like Vinny, Wayne, Ward, Green, Glenn, Coleman, Mo, Jones, Cox, etc.

I still feel proud knowing that I was one of the 30,000 or so Jets fans that actually stayed for the entire thing and my dad gave me off school the next morning too, that was awesome as well! :)

I have a three month old daughter and we watched the game together last night. Of course she did not have a clue as to what she was watching, but she sure had fun watching her dad go nuts over the game, even though he knew damn good and well what the end result would be.

Enough of the third person BS; I WILL NEVER GET TIRED OF THAT GAME! WHAT FUN! Kevin Mawae was a f'n beast! Wayne! WAYNE! WAYNE! Big Cat was a cub but still made plays! Chad waving the trowel; HA! Richie all over the place! What a game Coleman had! Big play Ray! Cox and that damn neck thingy! My boy A.G.! (even though he was toasted late) Vinny T.! Totally forgot Wiggins was a Jet. And on and on and on...

Thank ya Jesus for TIVO; tonight after the Spurs go up 3 on the Jazz, I'm gonna watch it again in my undies whiles I sips on somes suds; WHOOOOOOO-HOOOOOOOOOO!

ya didn't need tivo last night rhyno. they aired it again later.

good fun indeed watching the the 2000 players. We need a fullback like ritchie anderson again. that guy was awesome. wasn't it herm who let parcells snag him from us?

I TIVOed it last night so I can watch it over and over and over and over...

Yes, Richie went to Dallas w/ Bill and then to AZ as a RB coach where he was arrested for his involvement in a prostitution ring, but I don't know whatever came of that. While he played for Dallas, he lived across the street from my in-laws. Really nice guy and I would have never thought he would be the "pimp" type. But, like I said, I have no idea if he was ever convicted or what not; anyone else know?

Probably the single greatest feeling as a Jets fan(that ive experienced, of course). Waking up and going to school the next day where ALL my classmates laughed at me b/c "those stupid Jets suck so bad, go Panthers!"...for them only to find out that my Jets had one of the greatest comebacks in the history of the game.

Its just too bad that after we win the Super Bowl this year, that great moment will only rank #2! :D

I tivo'd it last night and by the time I got to watching it was like midnight I forgot how long the game was....holy **** it was awesome watching it again I remember seeing it the first time. I forgot how ****ing awesome cherbet was. Man say what you want about Vinny but I ****ing loved him and he'll always be a jet. It must have been like 3 or 4 in the morning when I finished the game. Oh yeah and I for got about ward too. Yo if you didnt see it again or for the first time you need to watch while its on....truely one of the greatest Jets games, it drives you nuts for 3 qtrs and then really gets you riled for the last qtr and overtime....lol I hate Miami