biggest surprise?

Blackout

i expected Albert and Barry to have eachothers stats right now

and Dicek has a 5.45 ERA after 6 starts, holy crap

and ofcourse the yankees are doing horrible

Rich Hill, Tim Hudson and John Maine are the best pitchers in the NL

Mariano and Trevor Hoffman have high ERA's

A-rod has more home runs than the entire Mets infield, plus the catcher

Honestly...the biggest surprise to me personally is that Sean Henn has performed not only like a major league pitcher, but like a very good one.

One would have to say the Brewers.

They have an excellent pitching staff and a very diverse line-up. I think they will be in the Central race all of teh way.

The Pirates as well. The pitching is coming around as it meets its expectations and they are grooming some young ball players.

The Cardinals dropping off so much. I figured that the Brewers would be a lot better this season, and probably end up 2nd in the division, but I didn't think the Cardinals would drop off this much, even with Carpenter's injury.

The Pirates haven't suprised me at all. Same thing as the second half of last season. Good pitching, below average defense, and horrible hitting. They should be at least 10 games out of first instead of 8 right now. LaRoche having such a horrible start was a little suprising, but he is known to be a slow starter. Its too bad we don't play Houston an extra 10 games this year.

Bobby Abreu STILL batting 3rd, while trying to bunt, TWICE in a week with 1st & 2nd no outs.

David Wright & Delgado not being able to hit water if they fell out of a boat.

Carlos Zambrano costing himself alot of $$$

Roger Clemens acting like a WWF wrestler announcing he is coming back...and Suzyn Waldman sounding like Gorilla Monsoon announcing it on the radio.

John Maine

Phils struggles...Cards struggles....Milwaukee winning that division by August....that somehow Victor Zambrano is still in baseball!!!

and Suzyn Waldman sounding like Gorilla Monsoon announcing it on the radio.

I nearly pissed myself laughing so hard at her.

Tampa Bay not in last place.

Cardinals falling off the face of the Earth.

Zambrano sucking it up

A-rod has more home runs than the entire Mets infield, plus the catcher

Not quite as surprising: despite A-Rod's success, the Yankees are 14-16. Meanwhile, Wright and Delgado are both in bad slumps early on this season, yet the Mets are 19-12. Just sayin'.

One would have to say the Brewers.

They have an excellent pitching staff and a very diverse line-up. I think they will be in the Central race all of teh way.

The Pirates as well. The pitching is coming around as it meets its expectations and they are grooming some young ball players.

I would concur.

I think they would be the 4th or 5th choice in the NL Central to the question, "Who would lead the majors with a 22-10 record today?"

David Wright surprises me, he was supposed to be great and he hasn't been.

The Mets rotation is very surprising.

People complaining about not enough black people in baseball is the biggest shock.

Ypou have to go with the Brewers with the best record in baseball so far-team wise

Player wise-Bonds doing so well has to be a little surprising early

Toronto underachieving is not a surprise to me-last place right now in AL East.

David Wright surprises me, he was supposed to be great and he hasn't been.

The Mets rotation is very surprising.

People complaining about not enough black people in baseball is the biggest shock.

david wright is overhyped, possibly because he's white, but more than likely because he's not a superstar like the guy next to him

Jose Reyes is the best player on the mets by far and fans seem to love and hype up Wright equally for some insane reason

Wrights not even the best 3rd basemen in his division or city.

david wright is overhyped, possibly because he's white, but more than likely because he's not a superstar like the guy next to him

Jose Reyes is the best player on the mets by far and fans seem to love and hype up Wright equally for some insane reason

Wrights not even the best 3rd basemen in his division or city.

Ughh. I am sorry that you feel that you have to see things the way that you say them. We will leave it at that.

Ughh.

through may 9th

A-rod: .358/.426/.797, 44/123, 9 doubles, 15 homers, 39 rbi, 34 runs, 232 OPS+ (way more than twice the league average in OPS+)

Miggy: .351/.434/.622, 39/111, 6 doubles, 8 homers, 24 rbi, 21 runs, 185 OPS+

Wright: .254/.347/.373, 32/126, 7 doubles, 1 triple, 2 home runs, 12 rbi, 18 runs, 97 OPS+ (97 is 3 points below league average)

even Mike Lowell is having a better year so far than Wright

Ughh. I am sorry that you feel that you have to see things the way that you say them. We will leave it at that.

way to go back and edit your post scott

did you have to consult your internet put-down manuel?

through may 9th

A-rod: .358/.426/.797, 44/123, 9 doubles, 15 homers, 39 rbi, 34 runs, 232 OPS+ (way more than twice the league average in OPS+)

Miggy: .351/.434/.622, 39/111, 6 doubles, 8 homers, 24 rbi, 21 runs, 185 OPS+

Wright: .254/.347/.373, 32/126, 7 doubles, 1 triple, 2 home runs, 12 rbi, 18 runs, 97 OPS+ (97 is 3 points below league average)

even Mike Lowell is having a better year so far than Wright

I wasn't commenting on numbers.

Does that make what you said originally any differnt?

This is an avenue we certainly don't want to travel down. Don't go there.

oh wow, so intimidating

davids got a long way to go for his MVP title

Archived