What do you think of Brewers hot start?

Latinlawyer

Is it that they are a good team or that the NL central sucks?

Thoughts?

LL

As a brewer fan, i get to see them crumble year in and year out. they are pretty good with the hot starts, and i really hope they can keep it up. It's nice to see a small market team be successful, and the fans genuinly like their brew crew out here.

I really hope they keep it up, its been a long time coming.

they have a really good young ball club. 3 starters in Suppan, Sheets, Capuano make them legit.

Nice series coming up this weekend at Shea, where all 3 of those guys will pitch, in that order against Sosa, Pelfrey & Perez. Mets don't have edge in starter in any of the 3 games.

I'd like to see Brew Crew in playoffs.

They're a dangerous team right now, but they've still got to prove that they can keep it up for an entire season. Plus, if Sheets gets hurt again, they're done, imo. They haven't lost a game that Vargas has started. You have to figure they can't keep up with that. It should get tighter in the NL central as the season goes on.

exciting young team, and some of these kids are/will be very good. Good pitching so far, but the key is Sheets. he is as close to an ACE that they have, but has a poor history of staying healthy. If he goes down for any length of time, they will struggle.

That said, the Cards, Astros and Cubbies do not look like they are going to be anywhere near dominant this year. The Pirates and Reds are not there yet. So, The Brew Crew may make a lot of noise all season long.

exciting young team, and some of these kids are/will be very good. Good pitching so far, but the key is Sheets. he is as close to an ACE that they have, but has a poor history of staying healthy. If he goes down for any length of time, they will struggle.

That said, the Cards, Astros and Cubbies do not look like they are going to be anywhere near dominant this year. The Pirates and Reds are not there yet. So, The Brew Crew may make a lot of noise all season long.

If the Brewers take care of business this weekend they are home free easy call. If Brewers can't sweep the Mets this weekend they aren't for real. Pelfrey Sosa and Perez don't belong in the majors while Suppan Sheets and Capuano are just filthy. Awesome scouting for sure.

If the Brewers take care of business this weekend they are home free easy call. If Brewers can't sweep the Mets this weekend they aren't for real. Pelfrey Sosa and Perez don't belong in the majors while Suppan Sheets and Capuano are just filthy. Awesome scouting for sure.

Here, I will make you a deal.

If the Brewers sweep this weekend, I will stop posting on this baseball site.

If the Brewers don't sweep, You will stop posting on thsi baseball site.

Deal?

Here, I will make you a deal.

If the Brewers sweep this weekend, I will stop posting on this baseball site.

If the Brewers don't sweep, You will stop posting on thsi baseball site.

Deal?

Of course not. I'm rooting for the Mets this weekend i'm not anti Mets. Do I think they are very overrated and have a terrible GM? Yeah lol. Thats the last thing we need is to have the Mets in the basement again while the Yankee talk dominates.

Of course not. I'm rooting for the Mets this weekend i'm not anti Mets. Do I think they are very overrated and have a terrible GM? Yeah lol. Thats the last thing we need is to have the Mets in the basement again while the Yankee talk dominates.

Would you find a person odd, who first comes to this board claiming to be a Met fan, then admits to be a Red Sox fan?

Just askin.

Would you find a person odd, who first comes to this board claiming to be a Met fan, then admits to be a Red Sox fan?

Just askin.

I already explained that growing up the Mets sucked as they still do. Everyone was a Yankees Bulls fan. So me being the idiot I am I became a Mets fan without knowing that the playoffs never happen and there was no interleague then obviously. So in 1990 I discovred Boston was the Yankees biggest threat as far as games against and the obvious rivalry.

So ever sense then it was either root for a little league team in the Mets or root for the Redsox easy choice to make. 2004 made it all worth it though. So to say I claim to be a Mets fan isn't so wrong I do like them and pull for them I care enough to call out the mickey mouse team they are. I'm sure your second favorite team is the Redsox too.

I already explained that growing up the Mets sucked as they still do. Everyone was a Yankees Bulls fan. So me being the idiot I am I became a Mets fan without knowing that the playoffs never happen and there was no interleague then obviously. So in 1990 I discovred Boston was the Yankees biggest threat as far as games against and the obvious rivalry.

So ever sense then it was either root for a little league team in the Mets or root for the Redsox easy choice to make. 2004 made it all worth it though. So to say I claim to be a Mets fan isn't so wrong I do like them and pull for them I care enough to call out the mickey mouse team they are. I'm sure your second favorite team is the Redsox too.

Excuse me if I don't respect your line of thinking. Just my opinion, but I think less of "fans" like you.

We can end it here. I don't have "second" favorite teams

Thats ok. But is it the switching teams part or just the fact that Yankee hating is the main rooting interest?

I just have a problem with people switching teams when things are bad. That is on me, I realize.

I started with the Mets in the early 70's, and had to endure some of the worst years of the franchise, if you don't count the expansion years. I never wavered for my enthusiasm for the team, or who was my favorite team. It actually built a bond that was closer, if that is possible between a boy and a sport club. Maybe it was the innocence of youth, I don't know.

Anyway, this is not meant to be a post of the values of Scott Dierking. But I have always had a problem with people that just switched allegiance at some point. I am just not wired that way.

Maybe I should be more tolerant

I just have a problem with people switching teams when things are bad. That is on me, I realize.

I started with the Mets in the early 70's, and had to endure some of the worst years of the franchise, if you don't count the expansion years. I never wavered for my enthusiasm for the team, or who was my favorite team. It actually built a bond that was closer, if that is possible between a boy and a sport club. Maybe it was the innocence of youth, I don't know.

Anyway, this is not meant to be a post of the values of Scott Dierking. But I have always had a problem with people that just switched allegiance at some point. I am just not wired that way.

Maybe I should be more tolerant

Oh I agree but I was like not even 8 years old a the time of the switch. Can't root for a team that has ****ty owners and **** teams year after year. Fans are paying customers we deserve to be entertained. Can't be entertained watching guys like Trachsel Burnit Pelfrey ect.

Oh I agree but I was like not even 8 years old a the time of the switch. Can't root for a team that has ****ty owners and **** teams year after year. Fans are paying customers we deserve to be entertained. Can't be entertained watching guys like Trachsel Burnit Pelfrey ect.

the reason to go to a mets game is jose my friend

and beltran and pedro are also entertaining to watch. and glavine is chasing 300, thats a good game to go to if you can get tickets.

im going to one yankee game this year, early august against the chi-sox. i dont know who i want to see pitch more, Clemens or Hughes! not that Wang, Moose or Pettite is a bad game to see.

yes you can, that's why FAN is short for FANATIC. you are a Jets fan right? please don't tell me you had another NFL team that you were rooting for when we were 1-15, 3-13 & 4-12 year after year???

I may be in the minority, but in my mind, you have 1 team and that is YOUR team. the team you follow every day, win or lose. you can have a team that you would like to do well, or hope they make the playoffs, something like that. but to me, you have 1 team that you follow religiously and only 1 team.

You just need to root for the team and against the owners/GM. Which is a tough thing to do, cause if the team wins, it means the owners will keep up their ****tyness thinking its good enough.

Archived