Yankees will be in 1st place by June 3rd

SouthernJet

June 3rd is too aggressive.

Abreu is back to being the player the Phillies couldn't wait to unload. Has anyone ever seen a RF more afraid of the wall defensively? Add to the fact that he hasn't been a power threat since the HR Derby of TWO years ago. Que Suzie Waldman to remind us how he works the count.

Damon and Giambi simply look old and beat up and the wise move would to give each 2 weeks to heal. Unfortunately when you are seven back of what looks to be the AL's best team you don't have that luxury.

The next two weeks will be interesting for a team who considered a 4-3 homestand against TX and Seattle as "righting the ship". The Yanks have their pitching somewhat lined up for next weeks series against the Mets and winning that series may jump start the club.

This is the first time I can remeber a regular season Subway Series being more important to the Yanks than the Mets.

It's only April has now become It's only May.

June 3rd is too aggressive.

Abreu is back to being the player the Phillies couldn't wait to unload. Has anyone ever seen a RF more afraid of the wall defensively? Add to the fact that he hasn't been a power threat since the HR Derby of TWO years ago. Que Suzie Waldman to remind us how he works the count.

Damon and Giambi simply look old and beat up and the wise move would to give each 2 weeks to heal. Unfortunately when you are seven back of what looks to be the AL's best team you don't have that luxury.

The next two weeks will be interesting for a team who considered a 4-3 homestand against TX and Seattle as "righting the ship". The Yanks have their pitching somewhat lined up for next weeks series against the Mets and winning that series may jump start the club.

This is the first time I can remeber a regular season Subway Series being more important to the Yanks than the Mets.

It's only April has now become It's only May.

A rare admission of reality from a Yankee fan.

Is it raining dogs and cats outside?

LMAO The MuttSox coalition doesn't even know their own brethren!! :rl:

Why would I know or even care who the Mets fans are?

I am a Met fan. Pay attention.

My bad. You are right, I should have known.

Um, excuse me but Yankee Hater Nation accepts anyone and everyone!

Speaking of which...

Dear YHN members:

Please be advised that the 2007 Yankee Elimination Party will most likely be moved up this year? Just out of curiosity...are you all free next week???

Cant blame him. Its nearly impossible to tell that GS actually roots for a team.

Come on Matt you know I am a Mets fan.

Just because I am able to discuss the Yanks -Sox rivalry shouldn't bother you this much.

It's by far and away the best rivalry in sports.

Never have I failed to congratulate either fanbase here when they've experienced success.

I just think some Yank fans have a problem if anyone challenges their Yankeeing up of anything and everything that's pinstripes.

As for roids allegations, Ortiz is the best power hitter in the AL therefore to the Yankee fan he is on roids when it has already been proven that cheating is acceptable in the Yankee clubhouse. Remember the Grimsley list is also heavily rumored to include Pettite-Clemens while noone has ever mentioned Ortiz's name.

That's why i don't point the roids finger at anyone unless the Yank fan initates the discussion as I am well aware that over 100 players failed the 2003 testing and Met players could be on that list.

8 games in front. Where are all the ARod 73 HR's this season guys?

When I read responses like this, I sometimes think that posters who note that Mets fans have some kind of complex are right. This response has no meaning with this topic.

When I read responses like this, I sometimes think that posters who note that Mets fans have some kind of complex are right. This response has no meaning with this topic.

True. It is a non-sequiter.

Back on topic, MBN what do you believe the Yanks must go in these next 12 games in order to stay in the race?

10-2

9-3

8-4

7-5?

On ESPN Radio, Michael Kay said that they Have to win more than 8 games to stay in it...bacause if they win 8 games and the red sox win 9 games (out of 13) then the yanks lose 1/2 a game...so they have to sweep a series or two.

What do you think?

LL

Back on topic, MBN what do you believe the Yanks must go in these next 12 games in order to stay in the race?

10-2

9-3

8-4

7-5?

On ESPN Radio, Michael Kay said that they Have to win more than 8 games to stay in it...bacause if they win 8 games and the red sox win 9 games (out of 13) then the yanks lose 1/2 a game...so they have to sweep a series or two.

What do you think?

LL

at least 8 9 or 10 would be better.

ARod falling off his early HR pace is just as applicable to the thread as your Beckett blister dig. 8 games back would be a response to the thread title of Yanks in 1st by June 3rd.

Correction 8 1/2 back.

10-2

9-3

8-4

7-5?

What do you think?

LL

It all depends.

The more wins is the obvious question, but more importantly the need to sweep the Sox.

Yankee fans might not want to admit, but the Sox staff is going real good. While I doubt Wake will have a 1.79 ERA all year, him, Schilling, Dice-K and Beckett are all doing good and will keep the Sox from too many prolonged losing streaks.

They need to win a majority of their head-to-head games.

10-2

9-3

8-4

7-5?

What do you think?

LL

Back on topic........

PFSIKH actually stated it fairly accuratly, IMO. The Yankees need wins over the next 12 games (I really look at the next 22 as a key stretch. This includes the other series with the Bosox, the Blue Jays, and 4 more in Chicago). 8 wins is a minimum needed, but they need more like 9 over the next 12. But it really comes down to who those wins are against. If they somehow get all 3 from the Bosox, that would be a hugh advantage, and then even 8 wins would be a successful stretch. But if they win 2 of 3, then I see the need for aq sweep somewhere in the other 3 series as a requirement.

Forget it. Joe and Cash have got to go. Until then, no 1st place, no playoffs!

It was quite a sight to see the Yankees bench laughing and yuking it up during the 9th inning of last week's 14-2 home loss to Texas.

.....That right there is the problem. It reminds of the Jets under Herm!

Forget it. Joe and Cash have got to go. Until then, no 1st place, no playoffs!

It was quite a sight to see the Yankees bench laughing and yuking it up during the 9th inning of last week's 14-2 home loss to Texas.

.....That right there is the problem. It reminds of the Jets under Herm!

Clemens is the last big bet on this run. Torre and Cashman are here for the season,absent something really bad outside baseball, and that's not likely; not happening. Steinbrenner gives them Clemens, and if by October they aren't winning in the playoffs, they're both done.

Clemens is the last big bet on this run. Torre and Cashman are here for the season,absent something really bad outside baseball, and that's not likely; not happening. Steinbrenner gives them Clemens, and if by October they aren't winning in the playoffs, they're both done.

If they do not win something in October, Torre will probably not be offerred a new pact. But I think, barring a collapse, that Cashman is back at the helm in 2008.

If they do not win something in October, Torre will probably not be offerred a new pact. But I think, barring a collapse, that Cashman is back at the helm in 2008.

Possibly but Cash may lose some of the power he had on decisions due to some of his moves. I think Clemens was all George though.

Archived