Jets | Kendall looking for new contract

Smizzy

Jets | Kendall looking for new contract

Thu, 10 May 2007 09:46:07 -0700

Dave Hutchinson, of the Star-Ledger, reports New York Jets OG Pete Kendall is seeking a new contract and has not been participating in the Jets' offseason program.

:tumbleweed:

Which is why the Jets are interested in bringing in Andruzzi who is 2 years younger then Kendall. If Andruzzi is ready to come back from his knee rehab strong in 3-6 weeks then you could see him being signed sometime in June and Kendall either waived or traded.

yay, lets give a 34 year old guard a new contract, umm, yeah, don't see that happening. i would have rather picked up someone else in the draft anyways, i hope they ditch the guy and get someone in here who can move a pile in the running game.

Unless I am missing something he is the incumbent starter -before you go shipping him out make sure you have at least as good replacement.

The Jets seem to like Andruzzi and it looks like if he bounces back from his knee rehab well they will sign him and release or trade Kendall, unfortunately, because I think Kendall has been one of the key strong points of this line since he came here in 2004.

Which is why the Jets are interested in bringing in Andruzzi who is 2 years younger then Kendall. If Andruzzi is ready to come back from his knee rehab strong in 3-6 weeks then you could see him being signed sometime in June and Kendall either waived or traded.

I prefer traded. :box:

Unless I am missing something he is the incumbent starter -before you go shipping him out make sure you have at least as good replacement.

I think that Kendall is a solid starter. Our o-line cannot afford to lose him. We have young players that could use his leadership in the trenches

Andruzzi is a big time downgrade from Kendall who is no all pro himself....

Didnt Kendall go down last year because of a knee problem or something and was replaced for 1 or 2 games with that UDFA who didnt do too bad

Let him go and quickly- find another

Every year there is going to be a free agency free for all at some position - then come training camp Agents will be looking for more money for their over the hill clients by holding out and hurting TEAM.

Kendall has been solid since coming from AZ IMO. He has been labeled a team player/leader and, when healthy, has produced. However, I do not think the Jets will up the anti for him. Instead, it appears they will look toward Andruzzi after a decision has been made about how long his surgery rehab efforts will take.

This scares me a tad bit, as the Jets could easily have a disgruntle Kendall on their hands and Andruzzi may not be fit to step in. Aside from Tutan, who I like a ton, there is not currently much else available in regards to veteran starting right guard material, especially being that the Jets RG will line up in between two second year players. Hopefully June 1st will yield more prospects, but my magic 8-ball says: "outlook not so good!"

The Pats crumbling when the realize that Thomas was a product of the Ravens system and Moss is washed up...

I hope that he was a product of the system. Ya know why? Because we have a better system. :headbang:

Archived