Mike Pelfrey sent down Gomez up

D'brickMangoldJets

Just in time now the Yankees don't have a layup on Friday. Personally if I was the Mets I would have cut him he sucks. I'm hoping for Mets fans sake Gomez doesn't bust the way Milledge Humber and Pelfrey did.

Thankfully for all us Mets fans, you are not the GM....cutting a 23 year old pitcher after 6 starts? ;)

And to call Milledge (22), Humber (24) and Pelfrey(23) busts already is a little premature...disappointing so far? yes, but busts? no...at least not yet.

Thankfully for all us Mets fans, you are not the GM....cutting a 23 year old pitcher after 6 starts? ;)

And to call Milledge (22), Humber (24) and Pelfrey(23) busts already is a little premature...disappointing so far? yes, but busts? no...at least not yet.

Why? I call Coco Crisp and Willy Mo Pena busts. Don't care about age if your not performing your a bum. If you are your a ball player it's that simple.

Why? I call Coco Crisp and Willy Mo Pena busts. Don't care about age if your not performing your a bum. If you are your a ball player it's that simple.

your right...if you don't perform after 6 starts, your cut....I agree, good call#-o

your right...if you don't perform after 6 starts, your cut....I agree, good call#-o

Saw Pelfrey in person last year when they played the Astros. Sitting behind the plate from the naked eye I was able to see the laces on the ball when this clown throws a pitch. Everyother pitcher I ever seen live can't see the laces.

Pelfrey is like 1-8 career now unless he's Jeremy Bonderman or Mike Marouth whatever his name is i'd cut him no questions asked got to develope real talent he's taking up space.

Saw Pelfrey in person last year when they played the Astros. Sitting behind the plate from the naked eye I was able to see the laces on the ball when this clown throws a pitch. Everyother pitcher I ever seen live can't see the laces.

Pelfrey is like 1-8 career now unless he's Jeremy Bonderman or Mike Marouth whatever his name is i'd cut him no questions asked got to develope real talent he's taking up space.

:rl: :rl: :rl: :rl:

once again...thank goodness you are not my GM.

you may be right, Pelfrey may never become, even a good pitcher, but cutting him at 23 is not realistic in the real world of MLB.

I'm hoping for Mets fans sake Gomez doesn't bust the way Milledge Humber and Pelfrey did.

Gomez's debut: 2-4, double, 2 runs scored in a 9-1 win over a team with the MLB's best record, Milwaukee. Not a bad start.

By the way, how can 3 guys who have combined to play in just 15 games in the last year be "busts" already?

Heck, Bryan Thomas was supposed to be a "bust" for the first 5 seasons of his career, but you don't see anyone calling him that now. You must have very high standards.

You should become a scout for Cashman and the yankees, with your eye for talent, I'm sure you'll fit right in.

You should become a scout for Cashman and the yankees, with your eye for talent, I'm sure you'll fit right in.

Gladly, i'd tank drafts harder then Minayas crew purposly. All those years in last place no talent to show for it what a joke that is. Don't know why you guys defend Pelfrey thats a hardon 0-5 6-7 era. Starting to get soft like Padre fans here.

Gladly, i'd tank drafts harder then Minayas crew purposly. All those years in last place no talent to show for it what a joke that is. Don't know why you guys defend Pelfrey thats a hardon 0-5 6-7 era. Starting to get soft like Padre fans here.

i dont see anyone defending Pelfrey's horrible season, but to say "cut him" when he is 23 is absurd.

Archived