FAVRE to JETS !!...gET iT dONE !!

jales22

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/wcStory?contentId=6524422&storyNumber=1&MSNHPHMA

Packers | Favre asked to be traded before the draft

Sun, 13 May 2007 09:08:18 -0700

Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports Green Bay Packers QB Brett Favre's agent, Bus Cook, phoned general manager Ted Thompson within two to three days of the draft and asked for a trade, according to several team and league sources. The sources said Cook railed off how his client was fed up with the organization and wanted out. Head coach Mike McCarthy tried phoning Favre, but the quarterback ignored all off his calls for a week. The two finally connected in the middle of this past week, and sources close to the situation said Favre asked McCarthy if he was aware that Cook asked for a trade. McCarthy immediately insisted that would not happen. McCarthy told others inside the organization he had cooled Favre's anger. By the end of the conversation, Favre admitted he did not want to go elsewhere. However, Favre has told friends on other teams he is frustrated with the organization's failure to acquire WR Randy Moss, who was traded to the New England Patriots.

Things the Jets don't need:

1) Old Busted QB

2) ???

If Favre is traded he'll end up with Atlanta or something (since Vick may be suspended?) or another team that actually NEEDS a QB.

Maybe he'll end up in Miami, that could suck.

Not true... Clemens has been handed the Superbowl by the league already, he's just THAT good:lol:

LMAO...

favre to the jets is even more laughable...gimmie a break.

Him going back to Atlanta would be interesting, their defense is solid, and every year they are my dark horse to make the playoffs. IF AND ONLY IF, Vick breaks both legs and is reduced to a hospital room, and no where near the field.

no way would Farve agree to a trade to the Jets he is still playing for one reason and one reason only-that is to break Dan Marino's All-time TD record-he wouldn't get a chance to do it here and we all want him to break that record

no way would Farve agree to a trade to the Jets he is still playing for one reason and one reason only-that is to break Dan Marino's All-time TD record-he wouldn't get a chance to do it here and we all want him to break that record

id rather give clemens a chance

Brett Favre could still start on many NFL teams. He is a great player but there is no way that Green Bay is going to trade him. He will be a Packer for the remainder of his career, whether it be one or two or more seasons.

id rather give clemens a chance

and besides Farve sucks-he's been done for 3 years now...Clemens needs to be our back-up and eventual starter.Plus,what would that say to #11 if we brought a Brett Farve in? That we have no confidence in him...

Farve on the Jets never going to happen and shouldt happen he needs to retire thier. The man has done alot thier I stil remember the game for his pops.....Plus I know a couple guys that would kill them selves if farve ever left.....Brett does have a point though He wants to win while hes around and green bay is definatly not trying to do that,

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/wcStory?contentId=6524422&storyNumber=1&MSNHPHMA

Packers | Favre asked to be traded before the draft

Sun, 13 May 2007 09:08:18 -0700

Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports Green Bay Packers QB Brett Favre's agent, Bus Cook, phoned general manager Ted Thompson within two to three days of the draft and asked for a trade, according to several team and league sources. The sources said Cook railed off how his client was fed up with the organization and wanted out. Head coach Mike McCarthy tried phoning Favre, but the quarterback ignored all off his calls for a week. The two finally connected in the middle of this past week, and sources close to the situation said Favre asked McCarthy if he was aware that Cook asked for a trade. McCarthy immediately insisted that would not happen. McCarthy told others inside the organization he had cooled Favre's anger. By the end of the conversation, Favre admitted he did not want to go elsewhere. However, Favre has told friends on other teams he is frustrated with the organization's failure to acquire WR Randy Moss, who was traded to the New England Patriots.

You really want Favre at this point in his career? Although he would make a great insurance policy his better days are far behind him. That's besides the fact that this would never happen anyway because Favre is (a) staying in Greenbay and (B) would not go to a team where he would have to be a back-up even if he did leave.

Farve and Roger Clemens = the two most tired acts in professional sports.

It's a shame fans and media cater to their every whim and hang on their every word.

only difference is roger is all about the money, and favre is only part about the money. :)

All i can say to you guys that don't like favre and say he should hang 'em up. Rogers sucks, and won't amount to ch!t. If the packers are going to be bad, i want to see favre out there busting his azz, doing anything and everything he can to put points on the board. he could throw 50 picks next year, and i will still be impressed with how much winning means to him, not his statistics. He's the ideal athlete to build your franchise around, even better than Curtis Martin.

Next to Barry Sanders, there is no one i would rather see play (in the NFL), this coming from a Jets' fan first, and the Packers' fan at a distant second.

You really want Favre at this point in his career? Although he would make a great insurance policy his better days are far behind him. That's besides the fact that this would never happen anyway because Favre is (a) staying in Greenbay and (B) would not go to a team where he would have to be a back-up even if he did leave.

Insurance policy? The guy is 100 years old and has less talent on offense than we do yet he STILL had a better season than Chad last year. Granted I agree he isn't a big enough upgrade to warrant benching Chad while paying him as much as we are, but make no mistake Favre is far from an insurance policy if he ever came here.

Insurance policy? The guy is 100 years old and has less talent on offense than we do yet he STILL had a better season than Chad last year. Granted I agree he isn't a big enough upgrade to warrant benching Chad while paying him as much as we are, but make no mistake Favre is far from an insurance policy if he ever came here.

What else is a 2nd string QB than an insurance policy? That is what a back-up player is. I'm not saying that Favre is not due to enter the Hall Of Fame but his best years are far behind him at this point. Also, where are you getting that Favre had a better year?

Favre 18 TD's 18 INT's 72.7 QB rating 56% completion pct. 8-8 record

Pennington 17 TD's 16 INT's 82.6 QB rating 64.5% completion pct. 10-6 record

Favre in the Jets offense with the weapons they have would put up much better numbers than Chad..I can care less how old he is

Yeah because Ahman Green was a horrible feature back compared to what the Jets had last year and Driver and Jennings are horrendous receivers. It has less to do with his age than it does with the fact that Favre has been finished for two years now. I love Favre and he's had a great career but let's be serious here.

brett favre belongs in green bay.............period............... lets remember him as a warrior who called his home the frozen tundra. to see him bounce around the league jerry rice style at this very late stage will sadden me as a football fan.

brett favre belongs in green bay.............period............... lets remember him as a warrior who called his home the frozen tundra. to see him bounce around the league jerry rice style at this very late stage will sadden me as a football fan.

This true joewilly Favre belongs in Green Bay to end his career there-whether you liked him or not that is where he should play out his remaining career.

What else is a 2nd string QB than an insurance policy? That is what a back-up player is. I'm not saying that Favre is not due to enter the Hall Of Fame but his best years are far behind him at this point. Also, where are you getting that Favre had a better year?

Favre 18 TD's 18 INT's 72.7 QB rating 56% completion pct. 8-8 record

Pennington 17 TD's 16 INT's 82.6 QB rating 64.5% completion pct. 10-6 record

Exactly what I said, Favre would not be an insurance policy to Chad, quite the opposite actually. But this is all a mute point given that it would not and should not happen.

As to the comparison from last year, that was cute how you left out the 500+ yards Favre had over Chad. QB rating is based heavily on completion percentage, which quite frankly I would hope would be good for Chad, given he rarely throws the ball more than 211 yards in the air. :Typotux:

Favre year was better, with far less to work with. Outside of Driver, Favre's got nothing. Ahman Green was ok, but he's very far removed from being a force, and quite frankly didn't do a whole lot more than our tandem of RB's.

Exactly what I said, Favre would not be an insurance policy to Chad, quite the opposite actually. But this is all a mute point given that it would not and should not happen.

As to the comparison from last year, that was cute how you left out the 500+ yards Favre had over Chad. QB rating is based heavily on completion percentage, which quite frankly I would hope would be good for Chad, given he rarely throws the ball more than 211 yards in the air. :Typotux:

Favre year was better, with far less to work with. Outside of Driver, Favre's got nothing. Ahman Green was ok, but he's very far removed from being a force, and quite frankly didn't do a whole lot more than our tandem of RB's.

One thing you non-packer fans missed in not seeing the games. Was how horrible Bubba Franks played, and has been playing recently. When Favre was at his best he had Chumura (BTW, i live acrossed the street from the HS he picked that chick up at...btw...she was hot...wow), and keith jackson. Favre needs a tightend more than any QB i've seen. His numbers would have been wayyyy better if Franks wasn't dropping everything in the endzone.

Give him a Tight End that can play and his numbers will be back to where they were a few years ago. (not the same as they were in the 90's, he was on fire back then)

Archived