PS3 breaks sales record, beats 360 & PS2.

ECURB

Sony sold about 900,000 consoles in its first 3 months which is now the best ANY console has ever done in that time period even with low supplies...

Microsoft sold 850,000 360's in its first 3 months...

I dont know the #'s but the PS3 also beat out the PS2 for this same time period...

Sony has now sold almost 4 million consoles, while microsoft is in the 9 million range...

Sony is about half way to the 360's total sales in about 1/3 of the time...

The 2007 holiday season will most likely show who the winner is...

edit: sh!t I meant to put this in Tech Talk...

Who holds to record for albums sold is a day? isn't it nsync or backstreet boys? Half a million mouth breathers buying a brand name on a shiny box does not mean it's a quality product.

Dont even bring up quality...

The 360 was having TERRIBLE problems from the start... and they still have problems overheating and braking down... google "red ring of death" its a widespread problem...

The PS3 has a had a perfect launch and NO PROBLEMS...

The PS3 is MUCH more of a quality product.

Dont even bring up quality...

The 360 was having TERRIBLE problems from the start... and they still have problems overheating and braking down... google "red ring of death" its a widespread problem...

The PS3 has a had a perfect launch and NO PROBLEMS...

The PS3 is MUCH more of a quality product.

And the Wii is better than both of them combined. Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

you do realize there were a limited amount of 360s (under a million) compared to the millions of PS3`s there are out ther right?

There was no PS3's to be found anywhere... I dont know what you mean by millions... but they only shipped 400,000 before christmas...

There were so few 360's becuase they were replacing every other one...

And the Wii is better than both of them combined. Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Any comparison with the Wii sales figures? Kids love the interactive and physical aspects of it. Nobody can keep them in sotck.

Any comparison with the Wii sales figures? Kids love the interactive and physical aspects of it. Nobody can keep them in sotck.

Wii is somewhere between 4 and 5 million total right now...

Some studies have shown that half of 360/ps3 owners have one...

There was no PS3's to be found anywhere... I dont know what you mean by millions... but they only shipped 400,000 before christmas...

There were so few 360's becuase they were replacing every other one...

thats wrong, me and you both know there were PS3 at launch the 360s at there launch.

thats wrong, me and you both know there were PS3 at launch the 360s at there launch.

It was damn hard to get a PS3 until after Christmas... trust me I was lucky to get one the week before by hunting it down online... but it was damn hard....

The 360 is a hunk of junk and is falling behind times already... they are trying to catch up to the PS3 with the "elite" but still fall short...

Xbox360-ringofdeath.jpg

Just wait... you along with most Xbox users will see this at some point Im sure... some people have had multiple replacements already....

The PS3 launched with the same size chip as the 360, but they have already replaced it in all new systems with a better smaller chip that uses less power, creates less heat, and doesnt take away from performance... there have been little or no reports of the PS3 overheating... while they are widespread with the 360.

Microsoft has been working with a Singapore-based company, Chartered Semiconductor, to create new 65-nanometer chips, however due to development issues these chips will be unavailable for manufacturing within the new Xbox 360 'Elite' system. These new chips have reduced power consumption and in turn, run cooler. They will also be cheaper to manufacture than the current 90-nanometer chips. Because the logic design and clock speed will remain unchanged, performance will not be affected.[11] However, less heat may result in less warping of the printed circuit board, a major cause of hardware failure[citation needed].

No matter how you spin it, microsoft is playing catchup with Sony... and losing...

Just look at the Core Xbox and the Premium Xbox... neither have what it takes to compete with the PS3 so they are now making the "elite" which is still a step behind.. hell they even copied the color...

Archived