What is going on here today???

joebabyny

Does it feel a little deserted (that is desert with one S, not talking about ice cream here Maxxx) around here today? Someone start a hot chicks thread or something stat!

I agree, it is dead here today. I was pondering bringing the Official Days of our Lives thread back but decided against it.

Maybe it's time you did an Official something or other thread. You haven't done one in quite a while.

How about the Official Timbok's Not Dead Mourning Thread?

No, because than timbok'll have to make another number of threads for whoever replies in that, just so he can call us out for "an mexican standoff".

hahaha, 124 went on a posting spree and posted ever news article he could find. T'was the only excitement around here.

dont forget about my miserable attempt to start a story thread which i recvd a pm advsing me that was a futile attempt that never works lol

Does it feel a little deserted (that is desert with one S, not talking about ice cream here Maxxx) around here today? Someone start a hot chicks thread or something stat!

just got my new CPU up and running and connected a couple hours ago...still trying to upload everything and remember what I had on ther other one.

just got my new CPU up and running and connected a couple hours ago...still trying to upload everything and remember what I had on ther other one.

well,out with it,what did you get?

just got a new tower..nothing special...although it was half the price of the one I bought 4 yrs ago and has double everything.Plus a CD burner. I am happy.

Thats how I felt when I got a new tower in September..for 1,200.00,I got 2 dvd rip and burn drives 1gb of ram and a 260gb hard drive,19' ultra sharp flat panel and a 100 watt 8 speaker subwoofer stereo system with remote control and windows xp media edition.

In comparison..my previous machine had a 40gb HD 128 MH of ram (nothing) :shock: a 15' flat panel and a cd burner for the same price,1,200.00 in 2003.

Thats how I felt when I got a new tower in September..for 1,200.00,I got 2 dvd rip and burn drives 1gb of ram and a 260gb hard drive,19' ultra sharp flat panel and a 100 watt 8 speaker subwoofer stereo system with remote control and windows xp media edition.

In comparison..my previous machine had a 40gb HD 128 MH of ram (nothing) :shock: a 15' flat panel and a cd burner for the same price,1,200.00 in 2003.

I need a new comp, but I'm broke as hell.

Well, I guess I can't beat the CPU story, but here's how my day started out. There's a lot of construction going on next door. The neighbor to the right of me, he's 30 now, and I've known him since he was a kid. He bought the house from his Mom, and he demolished it. As in razed. As in gone. It was awesome watching it come down a few days ago. "Ooo, me, me, do mine next!" :) But I digress. So he knows all these union guys from every profession, got a neat little loan and is building new digs. Him and my hermit neighbor across the street are the only neighbors I associate with. Neighbors, who needs 'em. Because then you have to TALK to them. Good God.

So I still have only one eye open as I shamble out of the house with the dogs for their morning walk before I have to go to work. In my monkey pajama bottoms and a sun hat. The crazier I look, the better (more neighbor deterrent). There's power equipment lined up all the way up the street with a whole lot of racket going on. I pass a flat bed truck, and this unleashed Rottweiler comes out of nowhere and lunges at my dogs.

This dog is going crazy, and he's biting one of my dogs all over his back, everywhere. I'm screaming, and I'm kicking this dog in the ribs (dumb, I know, but I didn't know what else to do). I'm panicked that he's literally going to kill my dog, who is muzzled, no less. My other dog, the docile one, she starts biting the Rottweiler while the Rottweiler is mauling my other one. During all that construction noise, the owner of the dog hears me screaming and calls it off. "Um, sorry..." Thank God it listened. I was crying and very upset. I sorta know the guy, but he doesn't even ask if my dog's skin is broken. Amazingly, it isn't; but his ribs are a little swollen and he's a little sore. What a way to start the day. :bag:

Well, I guess I can't beat the CPU story, but here's how my day started out. There's a lot of construction going on next door. The neighbor to the right of me, he's 30 now, and I've known him since he was a kid. He bought the house from his Mom, and he demolished it. As in razed. As in gone. It was awesome watching it come down a few days ago. "Ooo, me, me, do mine next!" :) But I digress. So he knows all these union guys from every profession, got a neat little loan and is building new digs. Him and my hermit neighbor across the street are the only neighbors I associate with. Neighbors, who needs 'em. Because then you have to TALK to them. Good God.

So I still have only one eye open as I shamble out of the house with the dogs for their morning walk before I have to go to work. In my monkey pajama bottoms and a sun hat. The crazier I look, the better (more neighbor deterrent). There's power equipment lined up all the way up the street with a whole lot of racket going on. I pass a flat bed truck, and this unleashed Rottweiler comes out of nowhere and lunges at my dogs.

This dog is going crazy, and he's biting one of my dogs all over his back, everywhere. I'm screaming, and I'm kicking this dog in the ribs (dumb, I know, but I didn't know what else to do). I'm panicked that he's literally going to kill my dog, who is muzzled, no less. My other dog, the docile one, she starts biting the Rottweiler while the Rottweiler is mauling my other one. During all that construction noise, the owner of the dog hears me screaming and calls it off. "Um, sorry..." Thank God it listened. I was crying and very upset. I sorta know the guy, but he doesn't even ask if my dog's skin is broken. Amazingly, it isn't; but his ribs are a little swollen and he's a little sore. What a way to start the day. :bag:

That stinks! I don't think you can start a day off any worse than that. Poor doggie. You should condier a little mace thing...Ya never know.

That stinks! I don't think you can start a day off any worse than that. Poor doggie. You should condier a little mace thing...Ya never know.

Nah, I think it was just one of those freak things. I could have been far, far worse. Frightening, mostly.

You should carry a sword on your walks. It's good protection and added neighbor deterrent.

I'd sell you mine at a bargain, but we used it to cut the wedding cake and my wife is kind of attached to it.

Besides, I'm looking forward to sitting in my recliner, sharpening it, when my daughters' prom dates show up at the house over the next few years.

You should carry a sword on your walks. It's good protection and added neighbor deterrent.

I'd sell you mine at a bargain, but we used it to cut the wedding cake and my wife is kind of attached to it.

Besides, I'm looking forward to sitting in my recliner, sharpening it, when my daughters' prom dates show up at the house over the next few years.

Hehe. I could always just run after the nosy ones with one of those gag rubber knives. Or stick one of those fake 'arrows' through my head. Positive re-enforcement.

We used to have this old lady/wacko down the street from us who would mow her lawn at 2:00 a.m. on a weeknight. She'd wear a miner's hard-hat with the light on, and have two flashlights attached to the lawnmower to see where she was going. But not the porch-light. She ruled.

I was cringing while reading that jeto... horrible start to the day but I'm glad your pup is okay.

Dang Rotties are scary little things!

Archived