Welcome back Boomer !!!!

shawn306

Hey, I agree, Boomer is a mess. Honestly, it just looks like his heart isn't into it. You can just tell he wanted back in NY. Damn you, Cashman! :lol:

With Schilling out for an extended period of time, Sox bats HAVE to wake up a bit more.

Is Kevin Millar the biggest, useless waste of space or what?! Ugh!

Hey, I agree, Boomer is a mess. Honestly, it just looks like his heart isn't into it. You can just tell he wanted back in NY. Damn you, Cashman! :lol:

With Schilling out for an extended period of time, Sox bats HAVE to wake up a bit more.

Yeah but what is the story with Manny ?

Had Millar on roto teams, and it's the same thing every year-he gets by on a productive 6-7 weeks over the course of the season coupled with a dramatic homer or 2 and NOTHING. And with that, he keeps his roster spot. I'm convinced that he and Jorge Posada are somehow either related or sold their souls to the devil for the same type of career.

Had Millar on roto teams, and it's the same thing every year-he gets by on a productive 6-7 weeks over the course of the season coupled with a dramatic homer or 2 and NOTHING. And with that, he keeps his roster spot. I'm convinced that he and Jorge Posada are somehow either related or sold their souls to the devil for the same type of career.

Minus the fact that Jorge can call an amazing game from behind the plate and is the backbone of the pitching staff while millar is a laughable in the field.

On the next occasion Posada gives up his body at home plate, please advise. I can't recall him once standing down the line to take a collison for an out. It's at the point that the yanks outfielders don't even bother throwing home. His arm is approaching Piazza-like suckiness without the swish. Sorry-catchers don't age well. And he does get by on having stats that look okay at the end of the year based on a few spans of productivity. Defensivley and calling a game, I'm missing where he's all that wondeful, since Torre calls the game from the bench and he's good for a PB or WP several times a week. But there's no replacement around for now.

No doubt he's a good hitter. May be he will be a better DH if he gets from behind the plate and isn't banged up every year and useless after 8/15.

Archived