Gary Sheffield*

Jet/BosoxFan

Yeah those Sheff is "washed up" rumors we saw here were a tad premature.

Another Cashman bomb of a move.

How so? We got 3 young pitchers for him and we didn't get rid of him because he was "washed up" we got rid of him because we didn't need him anymore. You have heard of Hideki Matsui, Johnny Damon, Bobby Abreu, and Melky Cabrera right?

How so? We got 3 young pitchers for him and we didn't get rid of him because he was "washed up" we got rid of him because we didn't need him anymore. You have heard of Hideki Matsui, Johnny Damon, Bobby Abreu, and Melky Cabrera right?

Sanchez the main pitcher you got was known to have arm troubles and is now out for likely two seasons due to TJ surgery. Giambi at 1st and Sheff at DH destroys any of the current Melky-Phelps-Meinke combos you want to throw out.

Getting young pitchers is fine but the Yanks were more of a win now team than the FO would lead you to believe. Sheffield is not the type of bat you trade for prospects or because you have Melky Cabrera in the wings.

Hello, you've reached the bullpen of the Detroit Tigers. Due to excessive activity, 3/4 of the bullpen staff are currently unavailable at this time. If you know the party's extension and his name is Bobby Seay, you may enter it at any time.

Yeah who are those guys out there tonight?

Sanchez the main pitcher you got was known to have arm troubles and is now out for likely two seasons due to TJ surgery. Giambi at 1st and Sheff at DH destroys any of the current Melky-Phelps-Meinke combos you want to throw out.

Getting young pitchers is fine but the Yanks were more of a win now team than the FO would lead you to believe. Sheffield is not the type of bat you trade for prospects or because you have Melky Cabrera in the wings.

No. He's the type of bat you trade when you already have Bobby Abreu on your team. I have a feeling Sheff wasn't the most popular guy on the team either.

No. He's the type of bat you trade when you already have Bobby Abreu on your team. I have a feeling Sheff wasn't the most popular guy on the team either.

That's never been stated anywhere but ask yourself why Phillie was so anxious to part ways with Abreu.

That's never been stated anywhere but ask yourself why Phillie was so anxious to part ways with Abreu.

Who knows. He only hit like .350 as a Yankee last year. He's not doing well right now but his slump is certainly going to end soon. Keeping Sheffield on the team would have been overkill and the Yankees problem is not their offense anyway.

But oy, I don't feel like getting into an argument about this. It's funny how much a Mets fans pays attention to the Yankees though. I barely even know anything about the Mets fans but I guess it all goes back to the superiority complex.

Who knows. He only hit like .350 as a Yankee last year. He's not doing well right now but his slump is certainly going to end soon. Keeping Sheffield on the team would have been overkill and the Yankees problem is not their offense anyway.

But oy, I don't feel like getting into an argument about this. It's funny how much a Mets fans pays attention to the Yankees though. I barely even know anything about the Mets fans but I guess it all goes back to the superiority complex.

Yet in any discussion it becomes personal such as the superiority complex comment. It's a baseball forum with 90% Yankee fans so naturally the discussions will center on the Yanks or there would be like three threads active. I respect your young pitching angle of the trade......I would have just moved Abreu instead or kept both.

Yet in any discussion it becomes personal such as the superiority complex comment. It's a baseball forum with 90% Yankee fans so naturally the discussions will center on the Yanks or there would be like three threads active. I respect your young pitching angle of the trade......I would have just moved Abreu instead or kept both.

It's seems to be closer to an even split between Mess/redsucks and Janks than 90-10

Sheff is Sheff. He's a good regular season player and his approach at the plate kills you in the playoffs. He tries to hit a homerun everytime and it does not work against good pitching. Throw in the fact he's an ahole and that sealed the deal. The Yanks havent missed Sheff one bit this season.

And most threads here are from the Metsox coalition regarding the Yankees. Just ignore it. Its the same Jeter sucks nonsense over and over again anyway.

Actually, I think it's pretty even between Mets/Red Sox and Yankees fans, it's just that all the Red Sox and Mets fans keep talking about the Yankees, or else a Yankee fan keeps bringing it up and starting a big debate over it in a totally different thread.

Actually, I think it's pretty even between Mets/Red Sox and Yankees fans, it's just that all the Red Sox and Mets fans keep talking about the Yankees, or else a Yankee fan keeps bringing it up and starting a big debate over it in a totally different thread.

Just did a quick search- shocking results I tell ya.

http://jetnation.com/forums/search.php?searchid=30586

I think that is a very accurate statement.

He's a new yorker, it's not uncommon in a two sport town.

I really have no ill will against the Mets and neither do any Yankee fans I know personally.

I'd say it's a lot more common coming from Mets fans than vice versa.

I really have no ill will against the Mets and neither do any Yankee fans I know personally.

I'd say it's a lot more common coming from Mets fans than vice versa.

I have a lot of met fan friends so I have a healthy rivalry with them. I always want the Yankees to do better.

Maybe his first place team and not constantly worrying about a team that plays in the AL.

Just consider a little bit of "revenge" for the years we had to deal with the repercussions of the Subway Series.

And while there are a lot of Mets and Red Sox fans on this board, they have been more vocal lately purely because so many Yankee fans have been M.I.A. for a while. For example, where have Ham and JonEJet been for the last month?

Just consider a little bit of "revenge" for the years we had to deal with the repercussions of the Subway Series.

And while there are a lot of Mets and Red Sox fans on this board, they have been more vocal lately purely because so many Yankee fans have been M.I.A. for a while. For example, where have Ham and JonEJet been for the last month?

So there have been significantly more Yankee threads started by Mets fans because all of 2 Yankees fans haven't been around very much? Really?

So there have been significantly more Yankee threads started by Mets fans because all of 2 Yankees fans haven't been around very much? Really?

They are the 2 most prominent Yankee fans on this board that I can think of. There are plenty others that I cannot think of. Madmike1, for example, was banned for a month for wishing death on another poster, so at least he has an "excuse".

JonEJinx is gutless and always has been. He knows I am lying in wait because he predicted a Yankee cakewalk to the AL East title! I dont blame him for not wanting any part of me, I wouldnt either if I were him.

But I am a little surprised at the punkdom of Ham. I would at least expect him to throw in the towel and treat us to more "Pinstriped sky is falling/Joe Must Go" diatribes.

Well watch for the next time the Yanks take 2 of 3 from the Mets or Sox and you will understand how some Yank fans will use that as justification the Yanks are the better team with endless celebratory threads. It's kind of like the whole Dice thing where because you hit him twice(but lost)in games he had control problems, he is not worth the hype.

There were plenty of threads started by Yank fans about the Mets pitching staff during the off season. Those have abruptly ended due to Glavine, Maine and Ollie Perez plus a nasty bullpen. But hey, you got Roger back.

Hell, win 2 of 3 this w/end and Ham may even return.

The idea that JoneJet is afraid of Zippy is one of the funniest things I've read here in a very long time.

Zippy's the one who disappears every year with the Sox playoff chances, then resurfaces to pretend that the Yanks loss in the playoffs is somehow a bigger failure than the Sox' third place finish in the division.

The idea that JoneJet is afraid of Zippy is one of the funniest things I've read here in a very long time.

Zippy's the one who disappears every year with the Sox playoff chances, then resurfaces to pretend that the Yanks loss in the playoffs is somehow a bigger failure than the Sox' third place finish in the division.

That may be true, but the fact that JonE and Ham aren't around seems a bit JBF-esque, no?

Archived