HERE 2 MORE MOVE BY THE JETS ON 5-16

FoxJet

Jets | Team signs R. Turner

Wed, 16 May 2007 07:46:28 -0700

The <New York Jets announced Wednesday, May 16, that they have signed undrafted free-agent OL Robert Turner (New Mexico).

Jets | Team releases N. Smith

Wed, 16 May 2007 07:43:50 -0700

The New York Jets announced Wednesday, May 16, that they have released OL Nick Smith.

Jets | Team signs R. Turner

Wed, 16 May 2007 07:46:28 -0700

The <New York Jets announced Wednesday, May 16, that they have signed undrafted free-agent OL Robert Turner (New Mexico).

Jets | Team releases N. Smith

Wed, 16 May 2007 07:43:50 -0700

The New York Jets announced Wednesday, May 16, that they have released OL Nick Smith.

This is all I could dig up on Turner so far which is nothing:

Robert Turner

OG | (6'33_4.gif", 311, 5.68) | NEW MEXICO

I am not one to put too much stock in 40 times and other combine drills but take a look at this dude's 40 time. Was he crawling?

Sounds interesting.......

R. Turner- Profile:

The good: Turner is a powerful, physical lineman who graded out consistently high over his career at both guard and tackle, but his NFL starting potential is at guard. He gets a consistently strong push at the point of attack as a drive blocker, is technically sound and has the nasty attitude to finish with power to maul an opponent. He has adequate quickness and plays with good leverage and strength to steer a defender if he gets his hands on him early. In pass protection, he has the ability to anchor well and stop rushers in their tracks.

The bad: Turner is only an average athlete, and when he allows defenders to get into him, he will struggle to control and move. He can struggle with speed rushers, especially if he fails to get his hands on them early. In pulling situations, he does not have good speed and can be very heavy-legged, making it tough for him get to the second level and hit a target on the perimeter.

Outlook: Turner is a possible pro starter if he refines his skills and develops better technique. He should go on the second day and his intangibles will allow him to go beyond his average athletic skills.

I liked his size, and I love that he has an attitude. But if he is slow, and a liability in the pulling game, I am not sure he is worth much.

5.68 in the 40 - Like I said before I don't go nuts over combine drills but that is bad. If Mangini thinks he is worth a look I'll bite. Hopefully he doesn't play at that speed or maybe he just had a bad case of bunions when he ran the 40.

Sounds interesting.......

R. Turner- Profile:

The good: Turner is a powerful, physical lineman who graded out consistently high over his career at both guard and tackle, but his NFL starting potential is at guard. He gets a consistently strong push at the point of attack as a drive blocker, is technically sound and has the nasty attitude to finish with power to maul an opponent. He has adequate quickness and plays with good leverage and strength to steer a defender if he gets his hands on him early. In pass protection, he has the ability to anchor well and stop rushers in their tracks.

The bad: Turner is only an average athlete, and when he allows defenders to get into him, he will struggle to control and move. He can struggle with speed rushers, especially if he fails to get his hands on them early. In pulling situations, he does not have good speed and can be very heavy-legged, making it tough for him get to the second level and hit a target on the perimeter.

Outlook: Turner is a possible pro starter if he refines his skills and develops better technique. He should go on the second day and his intangibles will allow him to go beyond his average athletic skills.

Thanks for the report! It sounds like he is worth a look at the very least but his speed concerns me personally. We'll see.

5.68 in the 40 - Like I said before I don't go nuts over combine drills but that is bad. If Mangini thinks he is worth a look I'll bite. Hopefully he doesn't play at that speed or maybe he just had a bad case of bunions when he ran the 40.

LOL.

One question though, has anyone ever had a good case on the bunions?

Archived