Mets magic: Five runs in ninth sting Cubs

JetNation

Thank you Ryan Dumpster.

Willie puts a spring training lineup on the field today, and somehow gets a 5 run rally in the 9th to pull out the win. no Beltran, Reyes, Wright or LoDuca in the starting lineup. nice way to go into the next 6 games vs Yanks and more importantly the Braves.

Thank you Ryan Dumpster.

Willie puts a spring training lineup on the field today, and somehow gets a 5 run rally in the 9th to pull out the win. no Beltran, Reyes, Wright or LoDuca in the starting lineup. nice way to go into the next 6 games vs Yanks and more importantly the Braves.

To be fair, just about all the key hitters entered the lineup in the 9th inning. Wright hit a pinch-hit single that scored Carlos Beltran (who also pinch-hitted), and Delgado got the game-winner.

Nevertheless, the "nobodies" kept the game close enough to make this rally possible. Vargas pitched 5 solid innings (until allowing a pair of 2-run HR's in the 6th), and Ruben Gotay had an RBI single in that 9th inning as well.

Thank you Ryan Dumpster.

You don't change the spots on a leopard Ed. That bum had almost as many BB's as K's lifetime when they made a "closer" out of him. He may not walk the bases full but thats only because he brings it when he's down in a count. We're going nowhere with him on the staff.

You don't change the spots on a leopard Ed. That bum had almost as many BB's as K's lifetime when they made a "closer" out of him. He may not walk the bases full but thats only because he brings it when he's down in a count. We're going nowhere with him on the staff.

no doubt. I actually root for the Cubbies now that DeRosa is there. Played summer ball with him when he was in high school and I was in college. Gotta root for the local kid. As for Dumpster, well, not much more to say. I thought Lou was going to knock him on his ass when he came out to pull him today.

I thought Lou was going to knock him on his ass when he came out to pull him today.

Unfortunately he just pulled him and he'll get additional opportunities to schwanse up some leads in the future - till the day when Lou goes postal and gets rid of him and a couple other slugs in the pen.

Unfortunately, we really don't have anyone else that can replace him. Wuertz is the best reliever on the team, but he **** the bed the other night with the game on the line. I think Woody would make a pretty good closer for a couple weeks until he gets injured. And who knows if he'll even be able to wash the sand out of his vag quickly enough to play at all this season?

Hopeless situation in the pen. Good thing Hendry threw big money at JAGs Eyre and Howry.

Unfortunately, we really don't have anyone else that can replace him. Wuertz is the best reliever on the team, but he **** the bed the other night with the game on the line. I think Woody would make a pretty good closer for a couple weeks until he gets injured. And who knows if he'll even be able to wash the sand out of his vag quickly enough to play at all this season?

Hopeless situation in the pen. Good thing Hendry threw big money at JAGs Eyre and Howry.

Sad but true Troll. I like Wuertz a lot. Every pitcher - even the elite are going to lose it a few times a season. I wonder if the were looking for Wood to contribute in the roll of closer and didn't chase anybody else because of it.

Unfortunately he just pulled him and he'll get additional opportunities to schwanse up some leads in the future - till the day when Lou goes postal and gets rid of him and a couple other slugs in the pen.

HEY....I'm a mailman...I'm very offended by that phrase....oh, wait...I couldn't even type that with a straight face. it is true though, postal workers defintely have reasons to "go postal" we got this one guy at work who is due for it, I tell him all the time, "Doug, me and you are boys, your a Jets fan and I'm a Jets fan, do me a favor, the day you snap and come in here with a semi-automatic, make sure I'm off that day!"

HEY....I'm a mailman...I'm very offended by that phrase....oh, wait...I couldn't even type that with a straight face. it is true though, postal workers defintely have reasons to "go postal" we got this one guy at work who is due for it, I tell him all the time, "Doug, me and you are boys, your a Jets fan and I'm a Jets fan, do me a favor, the day you snap and come in here with a semi-automatic, make sure I'm off that day!"

I knew thats what you did man, so it was a perfect opportunity. I think thats hilarious that you guys keep each other in check. I wonder if any security entity anywhere keeps data on potential belltower types? If you every see me, Troll, or VanDoug with as much as a bow and arrow - run like hell. The Jets/Cubs thing would be enough to set anybody off.

Archived