Questions....

jetophile

Post them. If anyone can answer any along the way, how cool would that be, but just pose age-old questions/stuff that makes no sense. Or, give some fun facts. Astronomy is always great.

I'll start. Why is it called 'a pair of pants' if there's only one? A pair would mean a set of two pants (I almost said a set of two pairs of pants). What the hell.

Post them. If anyone can answer any along the way, how cool would that be, but just pose age-old questions/stuff that makes no sense. Or, give some fun facts. Astronomy is always great.

I'll start. Why is it called 'a pair of pants' if there's only one? A pair would mean a set of two pants (I almost said a set of two pairs of pants). What the hell.

Hm, maybe it's because there are two legs of the pants and each leg is a pant, and so together you have a pair of pants?

Hm, maybe it's because there are two legs of the pants and each leg is a pant, and so together you have a pair of pants?

See, I NEVER look stuff up. Ever. Your IQ quotient is looking good. So I just went and looked...

'A garment extending from the waist to the knee or ankle, covering each leg separately; i.e., he had a sharp crease in his trousers'. Points, my friend.

why do you drive on a parkway and park in a driveway? :lol:

sorry... i just had too.. a little carlin anyone?

sorry to highjack jp... back to the questions! :mrgreen:

Highjack, nyet. It's all gravy.

What are 'business ethics'? Other than an oxymoron. Ditto on 'customer service'.

It's like Sweetest Day - It's a corporate generated holiday designed to make you foolish enough to spend money in the middle of fricken July.

sweetest day??/ a holiday made just for me! :mrgreen:

What in goddamn hell is "Christmas in July"?

I think QVC and Home Shopping Network coined that phrase. It gets all the idiots out shopping and preparing. They freak everyone out saying "THERE'S ONLY 6 MONTHS 'TILL CHRISTMAS".... the suckers fall for it every time.

Personally, I shop the week before Christmas and it works just fine!

Archived