If Torre gets axed, who do you want? Girardi or Mattingly?

SouthernJet

Consider a 5 by 5 Chess Board. Is it possible to place 5 Queens on the board such that three pawns can safely be placed on the board? (aka, by carefully choosing where

to place the 5 queens, can you arrange it so that there are 3 squares on the board that none of the queens can attack)????

Consider a 5 by 5 Chess Board. Is it possible to place 5 Queens on the board such that three pawns can safely be placed on the board? (aka, by carefully choosing where

to place the 5 queens, can you arrange it so that there are 3 squares on the board that none of the queens can attack)????

80, what are you talking about?

Donnie Baseball is my all time favorite athlete but I'd go with Girardi. Something about a knowledge of the game that catchers have. Look at how many rings have been won by teams who's manger was a catcher in their playing days. It's pretty amazing. Girardi proved himself in Florida IMO but of course I'd LOVE to see Mattingly stay on board.

:character42:

Donnie Baseball is my all time favorite athlete but I'd go with Girardi. Something about a knowledge of the game that catchers have. Look at how many rings have been won by teams who's manger was a catcher in their playing days. It's pretty amazing. Girardi proved himself in Florida IMO but of course I'd LOVE to see Mattingly stay on board.

you know,, thats a very very good point, ,catchers do seem to make good coaches,, and of course I would keep Donnie on board to continue to learn the managing game..

Plus, Girardi wont be available for long,,he has to be one of top candidates for any job that comes along

I would go with Girardi.

I think the job he did with the Marlins was nothing short of phenominal. Now there he did it with kids. It would be interesting to see how he could do with a bunch of vets.

I think Girardi is one of the brightest minds in the buisness. I would let Donnie Baseball work with the hitters or stay as bench coach but Girardi would be my choice.

Heck right now I would get O'Neill in here just to bust a water cooler and wake these guys up.

You have 12 coins, one weighs slighlty less or slightly more than the others. Using an equal arm balance and only making 3 weighings, determine which one is different and whether it is slightlyless or slightly more. Warning: the fact that you don't know whether it is less or more is a major problem in the solution.

Something about Girardi doesn't sit well with me. I heard some bad things about his micro-managing in Florida. Even calling games in the booth this season, he knows a lot, but he kind of lets you know it.

I'd like Girardi, but he isn't exactly Jim Leyland or Sparky Anderson when it comes to experience. He lasted one season and not getting along with ownership doesn't sit well when you are going to run the Yanks. Big Stein may be senile, but I'm sure he still has a fairly short fuse.

You have 12 coins, one weighs slighlty less or slightly more than the others. Using an equal arm balance and only making 3 weighings, determine which one is different and whether it is slightlyless or slightly more. Warning: the fact that you don't know whether it is less or more is a major problem in the solution.
Oh I get it

The Mets 3 wins

The Yanks 0 wins

Which = a Sweep........Got it!!

Oh I get it

The Mets 3 wins

The Yanks 0 wins

Which = a Sweep........Got it!!

Wrong, try your luck with this one:

Three cards are in a hat. One is red on both sides, one is white on both sides, and one is red on one side and white on the other. I draw a card from the hat, and place it on the table. The upward-facing side is red. What are the odds that the downward-facing side is also red?

I'd like Girardi, but he isn't exactly Jim Leyland or Sparky Anderson when it comes to experience. He lasted one season and not getting along with ownership doesn't sit well when you are going to run the Yanks. Big Stein may be senile, but I'm sure he still has a fairly short fuse.

haha

Girardi told the owner (sittting in a seat next to dugout) to STFU during a game ,,

Priceless!!!!

from papers:

"Girardi apparently fell out of favor with the front office over personnel decisions before his run-in with owner Jeffrey Loria on Aug. 6. That's when Girardi reportedly told Loria to "shut the [bleep] up" after Loria had yelled at the plate umpire. Loria reportedly tried to fire Girardi that day but was talked out of it. "

Wrong, try your luck with this one:

Three cards are in a hat. One is red on both sides, one is white on both sides, and one is red on one side and white on the other. I draw a card from the hat, and place it on the table. The upward-facing side is red. What are the odds that the downward-facing side is also red?

2 to 1

let me know if i'm right, just curious.

weigh 4 on one, 4 on the other. If they equal, then you can weight 2 and 2, then weight 1 and 1...but then that would be a guess at the very end.

do these weighings show values? or do they just lean more to the heavey side with no numbers assigned?

yes its off topic, but its a good riddle

I would go with Girardi.

I think the job he did with the Marlins was nothing short of phenominal. Now there he did it with kids. It would be interesting to see how he could do with a bunch of vets.

I think Girardi is one of the brightest minds in the buisness. I would let Donnie Baseball work with the hitters or stay as bench coach but Girardi would be my choice.

Heck right now I would get O'Neill in here just to bust a water cooler and wake these guys up.

I think that is the biggest point to consider in a Girardi hiring.

While he did burn bridges with the owner, I do not remember Dontrelle or any of the other players saying, "please keep Joe around.".

I think the way the current Yankees are constructed with a bunch of senior veterans would be a bad match. Jeter and company have had a laid back Joe for far too long. What happens when Joe goes off when a vet does something stupid?

I doubt he would last a year.

Archived