First Professional Sporting Event

PatsFanTX

You've got some good taste in the sauce. Mr. Walker and I are old friends. As for the music, there are a ton of bands you should check out. Reckless Kelly, Micky and the Motorcars, Cross Canadian Ragweed, Randy Rogers Band, Jason Boland and the Straglers, Cory Morrow, Shooter Jennings, Robert Earl Keen Jr. Those should get you started, and you can find them at Lonestarmusic.com Just about anyone on that website puts out good music.

Thanks. I've spent a few nights with Mr. Walker listening to Shooter's pop on the jukebox in a few NYC bars that cater to that kind of music. I've been meaning to check out some of Shooter's music.

Thanks. I've spent a few nights with Mr. Walker listening to Shooter's pop on the jukebox in a few NYC bars that cater to that kind of music. I've been meaning to check out some of Shooter's music.

Wow, I wish I would have found a couple of those bars while I was in NYC the last time, but I will be back for many more games. So I'll get the skinny from you the next time I visit. If you ever head to Texas let me know, and I'll hook you up with some great live music. It's all over the place down here!

Wow, I wish I would have found a couple of those bars while I was in NYC the last time, but I will be back for many more games. So I'll get the skinny from you the next time I visit. If you ever head to Texas let me know, and I'll hook you up with some great live music. It's all over the place down here!

A lot of the places in NYC like that have become "trendy" like "lets go drink PBR and listen to country music on a Thursday after work", and at least one has closed (The Village Idiot), but there's a bar called Yogi's uptown with a great jukebox, and The Patriot by City Hall. They're not the tourist traps that Hogs and Heifers and Coyote Ugly have become. Cheap booze, country music, and good looking ladies behind (and dancing on) the bar.

Did you walk to grammar school with Savage?

Funny thing Max I did go to HS with GGG's Uncles..

OK Baseball same year as a Newsday Honor Carrier!

1955 Ebbets field Dogers vs Cardinals and Yankee

Stadium Yanks vs Sox...

Football 1958 Yankee stadium Giants vs. Browns

I didn't like Hockey but I did see the Nets at

the Nassau Coliseum because I got Tickets from

Dr J who used to come into a Topless Bar I ran!!

Also saw the Titan opener at the Polo grounds

in 1960 vs the Bills!! We kicked butt 27-3!! :P

Baseball: Royal Stadium (Sox vs Royals) Afternoon Father/Son game. Sox Won.

Football: Cheifs Stadium (Patriots vs Chiefs) - Probably the last game Vinatieri choked in. Down by two with under aminute. Drew hits Shawn Jefferson for like a 50 yard gain as he is pushed out of bounds inside the 10. Adam V strolls on and hits the goal post. On the end of the stadium I was sitting in.

Hockey: Boston Garden (Game 5 Divsion finals) - Series tied 2-2, it was the Pete Peeters year. Bruins dominate the Sabres scoring two goals in the first couple of minutes enroute to a 5-0 first period lead and 9-0 win. The place was rocking.

basketball: I saw a revised ABA game two years ago. KC Knights against some Mexican team. Pretty good. Took the son and spent a little extra for courtside, they were folding chairs about three feet in front of the bleachers. #-o

Baseball - Mets v. ? Shea Stadium..85( Been a Mets fan all my life. Thanks Dad!)

Football - Jets v. Seahawks-year? (The infamous "score" of Testaverde game)

Hockey - Rangers v. someone (I just loved all the checking!!.. :mrgreen: )

Basketball- Knicks v.Boston- MSG ...circa1994 (been a lifelong Knick fan also)

NHL - Maple Leafs vs. Red Wings (Joe Louis Arena)

NFL - Jets at Lions (Pontiac Silverdome)

MLB - Detroit Tigers vs. can't remember - (Tigers Stadium)

NBA - 76s vs. Bucks (Bradley Center)

NCAAF - Michigan Tech at Northern Michigan (Marquette, MI)

NCAAH - Lake Superior State Univ vs Northern Michigan (Lakeview Arena, Marquette, MI)

NCAAB - UW-Green Bay vs Can't Remember (Green Bay, WI)

NHL - Maple Leafs vs. Red Wings (Joe Louis Arena)

NFL - Jets at Lions (Pontiac Silverdome)

MLB - Detroit Tigers vs. can't remember - (Tigers Stadium)

NBA - 76s vs. Bucks (Bradley Center)

NCAAF - Michigan Tech at Northern Michigan (Marquette, MI)

NCAAH - Lake Superior State Univ vs Northern Michigan (Lakeview Arena, Marquette, MI)

NCAAB - UW-Green Bay vs Can't Remember (Green Bay, WI)

This is a good thread...how come Tx never came up with something like this before? :shock: LOL

Football - 1969 at Shea Jets vs. Chiefs Playoff Game

Baseball - 1968 or '69 at Shea Mets (vs. ?) Art Shamsky had a huge day

Basketball - 1968 NY Nets (vs. ?) Long Island Arena That's right in Commack LI

Hockey - 1973ish at Nassau Coliseum Islanders (vs. ?) Chico Resch in the net

College Football - 1971 at West Point Army vs. Cornell, Ed Marinaro runs wild

Golf - 1993 at Baltusrol, Springfield NJ practice round, saw John Daly hit the longest 4 Iron I've ever seen, than had a couple of yucks with him and Fuzzy on the tee of a par 3

This is a good thread...how come Tx never came up with something like this before? :shock: LOL

Football - 1969 at Shea Jets vs. Chiefs Playoff Game

Baseball - 1968 or '69 at Shea Mets (vs. ?) Art Shamsky had a huge day

Basketball - 1968 NY Nets (vs. ?) Long Island Arena That's right in Commack LI

Hockey - 1973ish at Nassau Coliseum Islanders (vs. ?) Chico Resch in the net

College Football - 1971 at West Point Army vs. Cornell, Ed Marinaro runs wild

Golf - 1993 at Baltusrol, Springfield NJ practice round, saw John Daly hit the longest 4 Iron I've ever seen, than had a couple of yucks with him and Fuzzy on the tee of a par 3

Pro football - 10/2/1960 LA Charger at Buffalo Bills

College football - Some Princeton game in 1970, no brain cells left to remember vs who

Pro Baseball - Yankee game in mid 60s

Minor Baseball - Buffalo Bisons game in late 50s

Hockey - Rangers game in early 70s

Basketball - Knicks game in early 70s

Golf - Greater Greensboro Open in late 50s

Pro Wrestling - Buffalo Memorial Aud. Ilea Dipaulo and BoBo Brazil in the mid 50s.

Pro football - 10/2/1960 LA Charger at Buffalo Bills

College football - Some Princeton game in 1970, no brain cells left to remember vs who

Pro Baseball - Yankee game in mid 60s

Minor Baseball - Buffalo Bisons game in late 50s

Hockey - Rangers game in early 70s

Basketball - Knicks game in early 70s

Golf - Greater Greensboro Open in late 50s

Pro Wrestling - Buffalo Memorial Aud. Ilea Dipaulo and BoBo Brazil in the mid 50s.

Football - Jets vs. Colts at GS (I've only been to about 10 Jet games my entire life)

Baseball - Mets vs. ??? at Shea (was very young and don't remember who they played)

Basketball - Knicks vs. ??? at MSG (was with clients entertaining, not really paying attention)

Hockey - Rangers vs. ??? at MSG (was very drunk and only went 'cause I got a free ticket)

Golf - U.S. Open in Southampton (Corey Pavin won)

baseball - shea mets vs expos(?) 1984 ( i know i know...yes big yankees fan...long story..)

football - jets v pats 2002 foxboro (OY!!! the funny thing is fb is my favorite sport --- insert bad joke from Tx here---but i didnt get to a game till 2002 )

basketball - msg knicks vs celtics 1989

hockey - hartford civic center Whalers 1985

Baseball-Royals vs. Yanks, old Yankee Stadium, 1972;

Football-Cowboys vs. Giants, Meadowlands 1977(saw a Jets game at Shea the next season);

Basketball-Buffalo Braves vs. Knicks, 1974 or 75 at the Garden;

Hockey-Colorado Rockies at Rangers, the Garden 1977.

FOOTBALL- Atlanta at NYJ...1998 We should have played them in the SB that year :evil:

First Quarter

NYJ--C.Martin 2 run (J.Hall kick), 12:14.

Second Quarter

NYJ--J.Henderson 53 fumble return (J.Hall kick), 0:09.

Atl--FG M.Andersen 53, 15:00.

Third Quarter

NYJ--K.Johnson 12 pass from V.Testaverde (J.Hall kick), 7:03.

NYJ--K.Byars 22 pass from V.Testaverde (J.Hall kick), 9:34.

A--71,573.

BASEBALL- Seattle at NYY.. 1998

BASKETBALL- 76ers at Magic..2005 Front row behind announcers table

NHL----NEVER

TENNIS- OTB Open in Schenectady,NY 1991

GOLF- Bay Hill Invitational 2002

NASCAR- Watkins Glen 1990

Archived