Question about the 2005 Season....

GET 2 WORK HEWA

I am a new poster on this board and i wana start by saying i bleed Jets Green. I have looked at the 2005 schedule, and i am convinced that this is the toughest schedule we play in quite some time. I also am convinced that Herman Edwards should be relieved of his duties as Jets coach as soon as possible. Herm is a good coach Monday-Saturday IMHO, however, unfortunately for Herm, the Jets organization and its fans, the games are played sunday. Herm is the type of coach who will always seem to get an average season from his team, never anything great. The closest he came to very good he blew this past winter in Pittsburgh in the playoff game.

With all that said, and the tough schedule we face, and a strong possibility of NOT making the playoffs, would you guys as fans, like to see a 4-12/5-11 season and Herm get fired at season's end or a 8-8/9-7wild card year and Herm keeps the job.

I think this is the best opportunity for management to get rid of Herm if the team goes into a downward spiral this year. Also if the team is not good we will get a good pick in the draft and hopefully get a good young running back who can eventually replace Curtis Martin.

I am not rooting for the Jets to fail this year at all, however, i think if they did, it would allow them to make alot of strong moves looking ahead to the future.

Interested in seeing replys.

I am a new poster on this board and i wana start by saying i bleed Jets Green. I have looked at the 2005 schedule, and i am convinced that this is the toughest schedule we play in quite some time. I also am convinced that Herman Edwards should be relieved of his duties as Jets coach as soon as possible. Herm is a good coach Monday-Saturday IMHO, however, unfortunately for Herm, the Jets organization and its fans, the games are played sunday. Herm is the type of coach who will always seem to get an average season from his team, never anything great. The closest he came to very good he blew this past winter in Pittsburgh in the playoff game.

With all that said, and the tough schedule we face, and a strong possibility of NOT making the playoffs, would you guys as fans, like to see a 4-12/5-11 season and Herm get fired at season's end or a 8-8/9-7wild card year and Herm keeps the job.

I think this is the best opportunity for management to get rid of Herm if the team goes into a downward spiral this year. Also if the team is not good we will get a good pick in the draft and hopefully get a good young running back who can eventually replace Curtis Martin.

I am not rooting for the Jets to fail this year at all, however, i think if they did, it would allow them to make alot of strong moves looking ahead to the future.

You should also post this on the JI board.

We could then take over/unders on how long you stay connected :lol:

I really can not disagree with your analysis of Herm- I hope I am wrong but do not see him as being the coach that will bring us a championship. And this is on paper a much tougher schedule this year.

Herm is the type you want to see succeed because he is a people's person but his technical knowledge on the nuts and bolts of the game are lacking.

If the Jets fail to make the playoffs next season Herm should be fired. Bradway goes with him.

i agree with herm being canned if we dont win it all but not bradway...bradways doin a good job...

welcome to the board. let this be your whiniest post ok?

I agree with this looking like a tough schedule. I agree that herm is technically a poor gameday coach. There are positives that go unoticed on gameday that herm doesn't get credit for. not many penalties, never a pompous loudmouth on the field & umm well the gatorades always cold.

as an example of schedule toughness you need only look at san diego&oakland to see how quickly a team can change in this new cap era

I don't even care to debate about a 9-7 or worse record cause it makes no sense to me. if jets go 8-8 or a little worse I wanna know why before I call for herms head.

4-12 fire everyone on the whole team & start over except for vilma

welcome to the board. as one of the few herm apologists here, let me start by saying that if the jets don't make the playoffs this year herm must go.

i think herm has improved each year as coach of the jets. the biggest complaint i have about herm is his reluctance to overrule hackett, especially in '03 when the season was lost and they still didn't give lamont the damn ball.

i also think both herm and TB have improved each year and i expect herm to continue to make strides this year and take the team to the next level. i think herm needs a fiery supporting cast like dinger and hendu to be most effective. tough schedule and all this team is finally as talented as any in the league and for the first time in a long time should have a chance to win in every game this year.

11-5, 1 home playoff game, and at least the AFC championship game with a chance to win it in the 4th quarter.

you love to rag him Tx, but i'll ask you one more time - who had a better start to their head coaching career, herm or your beloved belichick?

your tired act is old, you need to work on new material.

FO:

Thank you. This site is missing one major thing. We have no defense for Patsfantx. He is a nice guy but we are leaving him wide open. He is getting past the safties consistently. This must stop.

FO...I would like to offer you the job of covering him. You have proven worthy.

If you accept you would just check in with his posts occasionally and put him in his place. I know you are up to the challenge!

you love to rag him Tx, but i'll ask you one more time - who had a better start to their head coaching career, herm or your beloved belichick?

It's irrelevant.

BB is considered one of the top HC's in the history of the NFL.

And you are trying to compare Hermy to BB. :shock::shock:

Give me a friggn' break.

It's irrelevant.

BB is considered one of the top HC's in the history of the NFL.

And you are trying to compare Hermy to BB. :shock::shock:

Give me a friggn' break.

And, when the jets fire him, and he becomes the head coach of the Pats, you'll be all over his jock. Just watch...

You are giving Herm credit for inheriting the team parcells put together and bashing BB for the turd he got in Cleveland???

You are giving Herm credit for inheriting the team parcells put together and bashing BB for the turd he got in Cleveland???

that team that parcells put together hadn't made the playoffs the 2 years b/f herm got there.

so? still a hell ofa lot better than what BB got in Cleveland, plus having to boot Bernie out...transition and a crap team.

plus if memory serves me right the Jets were a FG away from playoffs before Herm got here and a FG in the playoffs when he got here,,c&@t hair splitting...

that team that parcells put together hadn't made the playoffs the 2 years b/f herm got there.

so? still a hell ofa lot better than what BB got in Cleveland, plus having to boot Bernie out...transition and a crap team.

plus if memory serves me right the Jets were a FG away from playoffs before Herm got here and a FG in the playoffs when he got here,,c&@t hair splitting...

Alright then although you should add they were a field goal away from the Championship game last year.

Alright then although you should add they were a field goal away from the Championship game last year.

Herm will be a much better "HEAD" coach now that he has an offensive coordinator that has a head and can think. I think dinger will have many 2 min sets and will be in charge of the clock management. As far as the season goes, yes the schedule is brutal but when is it not in the AFC east. The 2 keys this year as far as I am concerned are CUrtis holding up and Chad comming back healthy. If we get both we are going to see lotsof points and scare some teams out there. Our defense will continue to improve and when JA signs we will have the best front 4 (if not front 7) in football. Presure on the QB makes even our shakey secondary look a lot better.

Look for Coles to have a HUGE year, he has something to prove.

Herm will be a much better "HEAD" coach now that he has an offensive coordinator that has a head and can think. I think dinger will have many 2 min sets and will be in charge of the clock management. As far as the season goes, yes the schedule is brutal but when is it not in the AFC east. The 2 keys this year as far as I am concerned are CUrtis holding up and Chad comming back healthy. If we get both we are going to see lotsof points and scare some teams out there. Our defense will continue to improve and when JA signs we will have the best front 4 (if not front 7) in football. Presure on the QB makes even our shakey secondary look a lot better.

Look for Coles to have a HUGE year, he has something to prove.

so are you implying that the Jets are ALWAYS a c&*t-hair away? Is that our destiny, to be the proverbial short and curly away from the sweet moist Nirvana? :wink:

so are you implying that the Jets are ALWAYS a c&*t-hair away? Is that our destiny, to be the proverbial short and curly away from the sweet moist Nirvana? :wink:

No but you are giving Groh credit for being close. The end result is all that matters. I don't care how close they came.

Groh's team didn't make it. Herm did. Herm has to take this team to the next level. End of story.

Archived