The Yankees Suck

Smizzy

That's the thing with being Yankee fans. Anything we do is subject to criticism. We are obviously not true fans in most peoples eyes just because of who we root for. That's why I can't take this MuttSox coalition seriously. Some of them manage to be a tiny bit objective about the Yankees but for the most part Yankee fans are much more objective about their team than any other teams fans.

:rl:

Are you serious?

Like how you all circled the wagons when JBF was like the only 'coalition' member talking crap?

How when the 'coalition' said your starting pitching might struggle this year, we were told it is the best starting pitching in the majors with the most depth?

There are more homer Yankee fans like madmike then objective ones like mbn.

If Clemens is indeed the second coming of Gawd, and with Hughes' return....the Yankees have to be reckoned with as the wild card entry into the playoff's. I really think the Red Sox would have to self-implode to not win the division - not saying that it can't happen - a few key injuries to the pitching staff at the same time.....and who knows.

LOL@ the avatar.

Wow theres mets fans here being more optimistic about the Yankees then Yankee fans. Way to show faith. It's still early anything can happen. It's baseball. The Yankees will make a turnaround.

Mets fans were cautiously optimistic heading into the season. Yankee fans were just too full of themselves to notice.

:Nuts:

Wang pitching well tonight. Up 6-1 in the Bot. 6th with A-Rod up with a chance to pretty much clinch a win with Runners on 1st & 2nd and only one out.

Look like the Yanks are going to pull off 2 straight much needed victories.

Please up all posts which said the Yanks had the best starting rotation in baseball.

Matsui should have made that play right there.

I do not have to.

Anyone who has been a regular on this forum knows who I am talking about.

MadMike.

Funny, how he has not been around much these past few weeks.

If you are not here enough, that is not my problem.

Wang pitching well tonight. Up 6-1 in the Bot. 6th with A-Rod up with a chance to pretty much clinch a win with Runners on 1st & 2nd and only one out.

Look like the Yanks are going to pull off 2 straight much needed victories.

Yeah Torre needed these 2 W's if the game stays as is.

Can't decide which is worse though, Kay on the YES station tonight or Sutcliffe on ESPN.

Sutcliffe loves every player in the game.

Giambi's HR was a monster shot.

Yeah Torre needed these 2 W's if the game stays as is.

Can't decide which is worse though, Kay on the YES station tonight or Sutcliffe on ESPN.

Sutcliffe loves every player in the game.

Giambi's HR was a monster shot.

Giambi's HR was a flyout in Fenway.

I do not have to.

Anyone who has been a regular on this forum knows who I am talking about.

MadMike.

Funny, how he has not been around much these past few weeks.

If you are not here enough, that is not my problem.

So 1 Yankee fan says something automatically means that all Yankee fans think so? Good logic. He hasn't been around the past few weeks because he got banned for a month.

nobody is "arguing" with you, so relax junior. what I stated was, your comment, isn't an objective one, since you are a Yankee fan! it's pretty simple to understand. I rest my case.

1) I'm quite calm thank you.

2) Do not call me junior old man.

3) I don't understand how my comment is not objective. Just because you say it is or don't realize how obviously true it is, doesn't mean you can just say anything you want and believe it to be true.

• 4 months later...
Fork, meet torso.

Tell Clemens not to bother and save a huge pile of cash.

Resign A-rod. The guy can play. He's been held back by Torre and this "true Yankee" crap. But for him, this game is much more of an embarrassment.

This season is a disaster movie. Figure you'll have Girardi here next year; let him know as much and let him self-scout/evalulate this team and who else who would want from now until October. Start him fresh; why tarnish him with this crap?Let Torre take these blows. He's as much at fault as anyone. That this team hasn't done a freaking thing since 2001 is a disgrace. He deserved being fired after 2004. Let him take this fall.

Mattingly off his deer-in-the-headlights "why argue?" act is not close to ready.

Well, at least you have the whole Joba "thing" to fall back on:Nuts:

WAY too early,, damn, ,and you call yourselves fans,,

this team is way too talented to continue this way,,, look at it this way,, their slump/injuries are happening up front..they will be playing for wildcard by time its over,

it will come down to last weekend in baltimore, trust me...

Now THAT'S a prediction

Where are all the Yankee fans that were calling for Torre's head earlier this season is a question I ask.

I honestly don't remember if I was "calling for his head" but I know for a fact that I wasn't opposed to it if the move had been made. I love what Torre has done and I would have been okay with him being let go since I am a fan that believes players really do tune out a particular coach when they've heard so much of the same stuff from him over time. As flat as this team looked early on there was no excuse for their play. Injuries or not, this team was just not getting it done. I love Torre for what he's done and right now is a time to enjoy what has turned out to be a great regular season. Let the man enjoy the moment and hopefully welcome him back next ST as he comes off his 5th ring as Yankee manager. If he doesn't get that 5th ring I think it's a long shot that he comes back at all. JMO.

Archived