Att: Jet mo,Sperm,MSGold,SJ and nyjunc,Herm News 5/20/07

BP

Of course this is true, but he would have forgotten that he also failed to overrule Hackett who also didn't play Cotchery. Herm can point to his inane quotes during Cotchery's rookie camp where he repeatedly raved about how good "number 89" was doing.

You are correct! That is an amazing amount of loyalty to not just one, but two consecutive Offensive Coordinators, neither of whom could see the Talent level that was emerging in Jericho Cotchery. Herm of course could see it very well as we now learn, but he nevertheless felt obliged to defer to his coordinators.

It is at times like these that I imagine that Herm suffers the most. The anguish of being blessed with more insight and acumen than others within the coaching ranks who surround you. Of course Jericho did not really suffer any long-term harm from this enforced apprenticeship. In fact it was probably the making of the man. Gotta learn to sweep out the corners doncha know ;) The splinters on the bench tempring Jericho into a finished and battle-hardened weapon like a 500 year-old samuri sword.

Herm saw this. Herm is the Sensei.

herm edwards is stupid and narcissistic. that is a horrific combination.

You left out being a sycophant also,he kissed Vermiels ass for years before getting that job,and now throws him under the bus.

This stuff never, ever, gets old! I have heard the same crap come out of Herm's mouth over and over again and i still can't believe he is able to sell it again. The fact that he can make the 10-6 team he took over seem like a horrible mess that he needs to rebuild is a testament to his brilliance. He is a brilliant huckster, salesman, and BSer, he just doesn't know jack about how to coach a football team. I am going to enjoy the steady demise of the KC chiefs almost as much as the steady rise of the Jets under Mangini: a real coach with a real plan who I thank the lord for every day.

Something else I realized: Mangini and Herm are opposites.

Mangini: Preaches consistancy and focus, expert gameplaner, rarely talks to the media, and speaks with almost a monotone at nearly every press conference. However, the media and fans still love him for his modesty and his subtle humor.

Herm Edwards: Preaches loyalty to veterans over everything, even talent. Lets the veterans decide whether or not to work out, come to practice, or play. Expert speechgiver, motivationalist, and BSer. Terrible gameplaner. Spoke with anyone who asked for an interview and was always very elaborate in such interviews and press conferences. Went on rants after big losses about how "you play to win the game" and let the team do whatever after a win. However, the media and fans still hated him because he couldn't coach for ****.

Just thought I'd get that thought out...

• Upvote 1

Whee does he say last year's team wasn't his? That is the words of the writer not Herm, it's just comical how Jet fans have to start w/ this nonsese. The guy is not our coach anymore, let it go!

this guy is not our coach anymore, let your blind allegiance to defending him go!

you say "i'm not loyal to him, i just have to point out falsity where i see it." well that is what BP is doing with this article, it is crap and false and garbage and he's doing the exact same thing as you. pointing out bs when he sees it.

this guy is not our coach anymore, let your blind allegiance to defending him go!

you say "i'm not loyal to him, i just have to point out falsity where i see it." well that is what BP is doing with this article, it is crap and false and garbage and he's doing the exact same thing as you. pointing out bs when he sees it.

I honestly don't care what he does in KC but to keep seeing people attack him the way they do is comical. Now they twist a writer's words to try to make Herm look bad again. It's silly, stop trying to create news when there isn't any.

I honestly don't care what he does in KC but to keep seeing people attack him the way they do is comical. Now they twist a writer's words to try to make Herm look bad again. It's silly, stop trying to create news when there isn't any.

a writers words????????????????????????????????????????????????

go back & see how much of the writers words are "herm quotes". quite a bit of the article my friend.

Oh please, you were trying to twist Herm's own words on TGG about his biggest mistake being not playing Cotchery more. You were trying to tell us all what Herm really meant so just cut out the bull**** and admit that you just love the attention and arguing a point.

For a guy who claims to not care about Herm, you have an awful lot of posts on the topic.

• Upvote 1

Whee does he say last year's team wasn't his? That is the words of the writer not Herm, it's just comical how Jet fans have to start w/ this nonsese. The guy is not our coach anymore, let it go!

You're delusional,you know that?

Herm would not have allowed this article to be printed without his 100% approval of it..you should know that. don't you remember how Herm and Bradway pouted after Mike and the maddog ripped them a new ******* after that game with the Raiders,in which the Raiders marched down the field 90 yards without throwing the ball once to score a td with less than 2 minutes left in the half..and Herm helped out by calling some time outs during that drive while the Jets were on defense to ''help them rest''...after that game he would not go on that show for a month..he doesn't like to be criticized.

One more thing.

Not only do I blame Herm for his horrible coaching of the Jets..but he is also responsible for the launching of that sickening Patriots dynasty in 2001. by beating the Raiders on the last game of the season in 2001 he guaranteed the Patriots a first round bye and a home game..and then he laid down for the Raiders in the wild card game..''only trying'' to play desperate catch up in the second half with no sense of urgency,and continuing to run the ball.:cussing:

Just bringing that up got me pissed off. :cussing:

One more thing.

Not only do I blame Herm for his horrible coaching of the Jets..but he is also responsible for the launching of that sickening Patriots dynasty in 2001. by beating the Raiders on the last game of the season in 2001 he guaranteed the Patriots a first round bye and a home game..and then he laid down for the Raiders in the wild card game..''only trying'' to play desperate catch up in the second half with no sense of urgency,and continuing to run the ball.:cussing:

Not to mention Herms record against the Pats while he was in NY. Belichick owned Herm.

Herm vs. BB was like the Globetrotters against the Washington Generals!

• Upvote 1

Not to mention Herms record against the Pats while he was in NY. Belichick owned Herm.

Perfect example..the Jet/Patriots game at the Meadowlands in 2001..the Jets are winning the game..and then Vinny T gets a tipped INT in the 3rd quarter and Hermy puts the Offense in turtle mode after that..3 cracks in the line and punt..the Pats win that game and go on a tear after that..damnit! :cussing:

Perfect example..the Jet/Patriots game at the Meadowlands in 2001..the Jets are winning the game..and then Vinny T gets a tipped INT in the 3rd quarter and Hermy puts the Offense in turtle mode after that..3 cracks in the line and punt..the Pats win that game and go on a tear after that..damnit! :cussing:

Great game (sorry!). Herm did beat the Pats once. December 2002 at Gillette. Pennington was on fire that night and Troy Brown fumbled a punt.

Then again the Jets "won" the AFCE that year by going 9-7 and winning a 3-way tie-breaker with the Pats and Dolphins.

I don't mean to make fun of the Jets in 2002. They beat the Pats fair and square in Foxboro.

What bothers me is that Herm has been the HC of two teams that have made the playoffs with 9-7 records ('02 Jets, '06 Chiefs).

How lucky can the man be?

Great game (sorry!). Herm did beat the Pats once. December 2002 at Gillette. Pennington was on fire that night and Troy Brown fumbled a punt.

Then again the Jets "won" the AFCE that year by going 9-7 and winning a 3-way tie-breaker with the Pats and Dolphins.

I don't mean to make fun of the Jets in 2002. They beat the Pats fair and square in Foxboro.

What bothers me is that Herm has been the HC of two teams that have made the playoffs with 9-7 records ('02 Jets, '06 Chiefs).

How lucky can the man be?

Pennington was great that day up in New England..

Arggghhhhh..enough..too many bad memories! :cussing:

Alpha Omega begins on opening day Gainzo! \:D/

Pennington was great that day up in New England..

Arggghhhhh..enough..too many bad memories! :cussing:

Alpha Omega begins on opening day Gainzo! \:D/

What is this Alpha Omega you speak of?

At least Mangini is 1-2 against the Pats. He equaled Herms win total in one season!

What is this Alpha Omega you speak of?

At least Mangini is 1-2 against the Pats. He equaled Herms win total in one season!

Alpha is the first letter of the Greek alphabet,it means the beginning.

Alpha =the beginning (The Jets)

Omega is the 24th letter in the Greek alphabet,it means the end.

Omega = the end (The Patriots)

Just saying! :lol:

a writers words????????????????????????????????????????????????

go back & see how much of the writers words are "herm quotes". quite a bit of the article my friend.

and Herm NEVEr said that team was not his when he was coaching it. he siad it wasn't his team when he arrievd in KC, meaning when he first got there and was introduced as HC.

Oh please, you were trying to twist Herm's own words on TGG about his biggest mistake being not playing Cotchery more. You were trying to tell us all what Herm really meant so just cut out the bull**** and admit that you just love the attention and arguing a point.

For a guy who claims to not care about Herm, you have an awful lot of posts on the topic.

the proof was in the fact Cotch played alot in his 2nd year.

One more thing.

So you would rather have lost to oakland and missed the playoffs? if that happens and Ne doesn't win the SB then they probably don't have a SB hangover in 2002 and we don't win the div that year and that takes away 2 postseason trips for us.

Belichick owns alot of coaches. before you point outn how mangini won against them in year one remember herm was 2-2 agisnt BB after 4 games inclduing tha huge Sunday nighter at NE in 2002 that kept NE from winning the division.

So that was it? it wasn't settling for FGs in the 1st half? We had a chance to be up 21-0 but were only up 13-0 tanks to getting conservative inside the RZ and if you want to blame him for that then that's fine b/c he deserves blame. We should have scored at least 1 more TD and been up 17-0 instead of 13-0.

So you would rather have lost to oakland and missed the playoffs? if that happens and Ne doesn't win the SB then they probably don't have a SB hangover in 2002 and we don't win the div that year and that takes away 2 postseason trips for us.

Had I known what type of pathetic coaching job He was going to do in the wild card game the following week (the same exact game plan as the week before)..and to play terrified in that wild card game..yes..I would have rather lost that last game and not gotten aggravated about the pitiful wild card game performance..and the Patriots would have had no bye that year,and no super bowl.

So that was it? it wasn't settling for FGs in the 1st half? We had a chance to be up 21-0 but were only up 13-0 tanks to getting conservative inside the RZ and if you want to blame him for that then that's fine b/c he deserves blame. We should have scored at least 1 more TD and been up 17-0 instead of 13-0.

That's it..he got terrified after Vinny T's ''tipped INT'' and went into turtle mode..I hated that playing scared ****..you will NEVER go anywhere playing offense like that,and that game was the turning point of the season for the Patriots.

Had I known what type of pathetic coaching job He was going to do in the wild card game the following week (the same exact game plan as the week before)..and to play terrified in that wild card game..yes..I would have rather lost that last game and not gotten aggravated about the pitiful wild card game performance..and the Patriots would have had no bye that year,and no super bowl.

That's it..he got terrified after Vinny T's ''tipped INT'' and went into turtle mode..I hated that playing scared ****..you will NEVER go anywhere playing offense like that,and that game was the turning point of the season for the Patriots.

John Abraham getting the sniffles hurt us, he was a terror in week 17 and disrupted Oak all day but w/o him in the WC game gannon could do what he wanted.

They were conservative long before Vinny's INT. I remember at the half being livid event though we were up 13-0 b/c I knew we should have been up 17 or 21-0 but we settled for FGs. That was a very frustrating day.

off topic but how do you have 2 quotes in your posts? I try to cut and paste and it doesn't work so I have to respond to each post individually.

off topic but how do you have 2 quotes in your posts? I try to cut and paste and it doesn't work so I have to respond to each post individually.

You have enhanced interface turned on,copy and paste doesn't work with that setting for me either....There is a multi quote button under each post if you have your settings right...go into user cp,edit options..go down to Message Editor Interface..and click on standard editor and you will have more options.

John Abraham getting the sniffles hurt us, he was a terror in week 17 and disrupted Oak all day but w/o him in the WC game gannon could do what he wanted.

Agreed,but they played scared the entire first half on offense,and only tried to attack after halftime.

They were conservative long before Vinny's INT. I remember at the half being livid event though we were up 13-0 b/c I knew we should have been up 17 or 21-0 but we settled for FGs. That was a very frustrating day.

Dude,it's more about being predictable than conservative..they were more predictable with that Offense than some pee wee teams I've seen.

the proof was in the fact Cotch played alot in his 2nd year.

Cotchery did not "play alot" in his 2nd year. What an absolute load of garbage. He was buried on the bench in 2004 and 2005. He appeared in 16 games but started only ONE of them. ONE!!! He had NINETEEN whole receptions for the year. He had FIVE whole receptions in the first 10 regular season games. He got into games like so many other young players under Herm, only after every other option on the bench including the tea lady had gone down injured.

He played so little that his former coach, scrambling to rewrite history, shockinly a more favorable-to-Herm history, now says that the lack of playing time was his biggest regret.

What a crock your arguments are. What a crock Herm's self serving press releases are.

• Upvote 1

You have enhanced interface turned on,copy and paste doesn't work with that setting for me either....There is a multi quote button under each post if you have your settings right...go into user cp,edit options..go down to Message Editor Interface..and click on standard editor and you will have more options.

Ok thnks, I gotit now.

Agreed,but they played scared the entire first half on offense,and only tried to attack after halftime.

Dude,it's more about being predictable than conservative..they were more predictable with that Offense than some pee wee teams I've seen.

I agree about predictability. Following the Jets as closely as do I have always had a good feel for what they were trying to do but when i'd watch games w/ my Wife and she knew exactly what as coming knew we ad problems. That was a major problem, hackett is a gret teacher of offense bt a horrible playcaller. He wasbrough to develop Chad and he did a great job thee but he hurt us w/ predictable playcaling and herm should have gotten rid of him sooner.

• Upvote 1

Cotchery did not "play alot" in his 2nd year. What an absolute load of garbage. He was buried on the bench in 2004 and 2005. He appeared in 16 games but started only ONE of them. ONE!!! He had NINETEEN whole receptions for the year. He had FIVE whole receptions in the first 10 regular season games. He got into games like so many other young players under Herm, only after every other option on the bench including the tea lady had gone down injured.

He played so little that his former coach, scrambling to rewrite history, shockinly a more favorable-to-Herm history, now says that the lack of playing time was his biggest regret.

What a crock your arguments are. What a crock Herm's self serving press releases are.

he absolutly played alot in 2005 but he didn't putup #s b/c we had a 4th string QB, a 3rd string RB and an Ol that featured just one player tat started and endd the seaso in the same position butCotch plyed every week and was our 3rd WR.

I agree about predictability. Following the Jets as closely as do I have always had a good feel for what they were trying to do but when i'd watch games w/ my Wife and she knew exactly what as coming knew we ad problems. That was a major problem, hackett is a gret teacher of offense bt a horrible playcaller. He wasbrough to develop Chad and he did a great job thee but he hurt us w/ predictable playcaling and herm should have gotten rid of him sooner.

That's not Hackett after watching the KC/Indy playoff game. ;)

You knew once the Jets got 1st and goal inside the 10 that it would be handoff to Martin for no gain..flair pass to Martin for no gain,and hand off to Martin for no gain..Field goal..that's pathetic not even throwing the ball once in the endzone..and I saw it like a hundred times..the Raven game with Quincy Carter was just another time it reared it's ugly head..and that was an NFL films game of the week..and if you ever watch that you will learn more about how incompetent Herm was.

That's not Hackett after watching the KC/Indy playoff game. ;)

You knew once the Jets got 1st and goal inside the 10 that it would be handoff to Martin for no gain..flair pass to Martin for no gain,and hand off to Martin for no gain..Field goal..that's pathetic not even throwing the ball once in the endzone..and I saw it like a hundred times..the Raven game with Quincy Carter was just another time it reared it's ugly head..and that was an NFL films game of the week..and if you ever watch that you will learn more about how incompetent Herm was.

I love Mangini but we did tha alot last year most notably the Indy game where we ran 3 times then went for it on 4th and G from . That always frustrates me when i see coaches playing fo FGs.

I love Mangini but we did tha alot last year most notably the Indy game where we ran 3 times then went for it on 4th and G from . That always frustrates me when i see coaches playing fo FGs.

as a body of work, you cannot say mangini's offense was anywhere near as predictible as herms