Did Roger screw the Yanks by waiting till May?

SouthernJet

If he was truly a team guy, wouldnt he have been on teh team since spring? How good would it have been to Yanks during these pitching woes to have that stud who can prevent losing streaks?

Rogers abscence ha sbeen in part responsible for current woes...

The deal is Roger is about Roger and his bank account. You know thta going in; the rest is window dressing. You cannot get involved with a mercenary and then complain that he's not loyal to anything beyond himself.

SJ --

I believe he didn't accept arbitration so he isn't legally allowed to sign anywhere until May 1st. That being said to think that he could hold up over an entire season is a bit much to ask at his age.

If he was truly a team guy, wouldnt he have been on teh team since spring? How good would it have been to Yanks during these pitching woes to have that stud who can prevent losing streaks?

Rogers abscence ha sbeen in part responsible for current woes...

Let's assume Clemens gets 4 wins in 6 starts if he started the season. That's still 7 games back.

To add to that mbn, if I'm not mistaken I thought I'd read that MLB had done away with the deadlines to sign with old teams and negotiating with a new one. Again, I'm not 100% sure but I did read that it was going to be done at some point. Houston would have been crazy to not offer him arbitration knowing that he'd be coming back at some point.

Archived